Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heritage TFs

Recommended Posts

  • Author

Some of the movie toys they should keep doing in that style. Like Prime, thats one of the best representations of Optimus figure wise

 

You really think so??

 

Not for me, I havent really enjoyed any of the movie line figures.

 

There are plenty in the movie line that is enjoyable. Mindwipe, Mixmaster and voyager Megatron are all excellent. Every scout since wave 2 has been beyond excellent. And I'd say the excellence quotient for deluxe is about 50/50.

 

Overall, ROTF is leagues above TF1. I just havent gotten any leaders because of price. Plus I didnt like the way Megs and Jetfire looked. I may get Starscream but I just cant afford him right now (even though we have a bunch at K-Mart right now damnit!)

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the movie toys they should keep doing in that style. Like Prime, thats one of the best representations of Optimus figure wise

 

You really think so??

 

Not for me, I havent really enjoyed any of the movie line figures.

 

There are plenty in the movie line that is enjoyable. Mindwipe, Mixmaster and voyager Megatron are all excellent. Every scout since wave 2 has been beyond excellent. And I'd say the excellence quotient for deluxe is about 50/50.

 

Overall, ROTF is leagues above TF1. I just havent gotten any leaders because of price. Plus I didnt like the way Megs and Jetfire looked. I may get Starscream but I just cant afford him right now (even though we have a bunch at K-Mart right now damnit!)

 

I guess it comes down to taste.

 

I havent enjoyed a single mold from the movie lines.

  • Author

Some of the movie toys they should keep doing in that style. Like Prime, thats one of the best representations of Optimus figure wise

 

You really think so??

 

Not for me, I havent really enjoyed any of the movie line figures.

 

There are plenty in the movie line that is enjoyable. Mindwipe, Mixmaster and voyager Megatron are all excellent. Every scout since wave 2 has been beyond excellent. And I'd say the excellence quotient for deluxe is about 50/50.

 

Overall, ROTF is leagues above TF1. I just havent gotten any leaders because of price. Plus I didnt like the way Megs and Jetfire looked. I may get Starscream but I just cant afford him right now (even though we have a bunch at K-Mart right now damnit!)

 

I guess it comes down to taste.

 

I havent enjoyed a single mold from the movie lines.

 

Me speaking personally, I fucking hate the movies. I can stomach TF1 but I'll never watch ROTF again in my entire life unless I was trying to commit suicide. I hate the movies. But I love the toys. Even if the toy's character is pure garbage, sometimes the toy is just pure fun. Ice Cream Twins for instance are hella fun. Stupid ass characters tho.

  • Author

I think it would increase the popularity just a little bit. But The Chase figures would have to go.

Not sure what you mean.

 

I think he means Takara should make the business decisions on Hasbro's part as far as designing and deciding what/when figures get made. With the exception that chase figures have to be stopped. You know how they make those crappy blindpacked things where one in a million is a super golden bright shiny sun God Ginrai and the rest are charcoal asstastic Wheelies? That needs to stop.

 

I like Hasbro. I like the way theyve been handling things lately. Theyve been incorporating alot of classic stuff anyway they seem to be able to and I applaud them for it. I only hope we get more once DOTM is over, and I think we will.

 

Now if you asked me if weve had enough variety as far as classics go, I'd get pissed. 2 out of about 50 classics figures are Beast Wars. 3 are comics. 2 or 3 were G2. A robot heroes set was RiD and another was BM. Everything else is G1. How about re-visiting some more BW/BM/RiD and Animated pls? Hell Ive been whining about a screen accurate Rhinox and BM Jetstorm all my life. And a new Hooligan pls.

I think it would increase the popularity just a little bit. But The Chase figures would have to go.

Not sure what you mean.

 

A chase figure is a toy that is released in limited amounts relative to the rest of an assortment, often something like "one chase figure for every two cases of regular product" or similar. The name comes from the assumption that collectors, in their need to "collect them all" will put in more effort than usual to "chase" down said toys. Chase figures are relatively rare in the Transformers toyline, although they are common in other series.

 

Only a handful of Transformers toys and products could really be considered "chase" figures, mostly some of Takara's blind-packed PVC and "Smallest Transforming Transformers" series, and some figures from the Micron Booster series.

 

Most chase figures are color variants of other toys from the same assortment. Unique sculpts are less common.

 

Takara does this way to often, kind of like the Lucky Draw Transformers. They would also have to knock down the exclusives, basically not make so many. Then Hasbro would have to follow Takara and release the same figure in the states exactl how the figure looks in Japan

 

 

 

Takara does this way to often, kind of like the Lucky Draw Transformers. They would also have to knock down the exclusives, basically not make so many. Then Hasbro would have to follow Takara and release the same figure in the states exactl how the figure looks in Japan

 

I know what a chase figure is.

 

I just cant follow the reason you brought it up.

 

Seems a bit off track from the line of converstation we were having.

Takara does this way to often, kind of like the Lucky Draw Transformers. They would also have to knock down the exclusives, basically not make so many. Then Hasbro would have to follow Takara and release the same figure in the states exactl how the figure looks in Japan

 

I know what a chase figure is.

 

I just cant follow the reason you brought it up.

 

Seems a bit off track from the line of converstation we were having.

 

The reason for bringing it up is simple, Takara is known for doing it, and it would be one of the things that would alienate American Fans. Only the most hard core of the American Fanbase go after Takara's chase figures. The point about the Chase figures is that Takara by taking the lead over Hasbro would either have to keep the Chases in Japan or stop making them either way they should not keep them as rare as they are, basically either make more or stop. And there wouldn't be as many exclusives in Japan. IE the Alternity line, Buster Optimus Prime, Black Optimus Prime. You know figures like that. They would actually be brought over here in Takara ran things

 

Takara already knows it circumvents Hasbro, when American fans import or buy the Takara products either directly from Takara, which I have done, or from one of the many places in Asia. Which I have also done.

I have been known to spend $100 on a Takara figure where in the states the figure only costs $12. Henkei Alert comes to mind there

Takara does this way to often, kind of like the Lucky Draw Transformers. They would also have to knock down the exclusives, basically not make so many. Then Hasbro would have to follow Takara and release the same figure in the states exactl how the figure looks in Japan

 

I know what a chase figure is.

 

I just cant follow the reason you brought it up.

 

Seems a bit off track from the line of converstation we were having.

 

The reason for bringing it up is simple, Takara is known for doing it, and it would be one of the things that would alienate American Fans. Only the most hard core of the American Fanbase go after Takara's chase figures. The point about the Chase figures is that Takara by taking the lead over Hasbro would either have to keep the Chases in Japan or stop making them either way they should not keep them as rare as they are, basically either make more or stop. And there wouldn't be as many exclusives in Japan. IE the Alternity line, Buster Optimus Prime, Black Optimus Prime. You know figures like that. They would actually be brought over here in Takara ran things

 

Takara already knows it circumvents Hasbro, when American fans import or buy the Takara products either directly from Takara, which I have done, or from one of the many places in Asia. Which I have also done.

I have been known to spend $100 on a Takara figure where in the states the figure only costs $12. Henkei Alert comes to mind there

 

I've spent quite a lot on Takara figures as well over the years.

Just remember this is a perspective discussion about how Takara should run things if it were to ever take the reins from Hasbro :P

 

anyway

 

I do view Takara's figures to be superior to Hasbro's one other figure comes to mind BW TM Megatron. The brown plastic at his waist would break a lot. While the Takara one with black plastic at the waist I have yet to hear any stories about it breaking.

 

Also all my other Takara figures are doing a lot better then the Hasbro ones.

  • 2 weeks later...

Just remember this is a perspective discussion about how Takara should run things if it were to ever take the reins from Hasbro :P

 

anyway

 

I do view Takara's figures to be superior to Hasbro's one other figure comes to mind BW TM Megatron. The brown plastic at his waist would break a lot. While the Takara one with black plastic at the waist I have yet to hear any stories about it breaking.

 

Also all my other Takara figures are doing a lot better then the Hasbro ones.

 

It all comes down to taste, I guess. I hope Takara never takes over the US Transformers franchise. Apart from killing everything else in favor of the movie lines ever couple years, I'm quite happy with what Hasbro's doing. As long as Hasbro's in control, we'll never get anything like Kiss Players over here, thank God.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.