Human Alliance Mudflap ???!?!!!

nobody1898

I've had HA Mudflap for a little over a week. I was eagerly anticipating him, as HA Skids is a minor miracle, and both iterations of the Twins DLX figures (the original DLX releases and the Ice Cream Truck version) bring nothing but joy, joy, joy.

But alas...

The high point of HA Mudflap is...the 'Chromia (!ARCEE!)'mini-figure..?!?*

Flapper disappoints. Severly. I'm going to take another look at him tonight, because I don't really understand, why he is so disappointing. Is it the lack of painted details? The lack of leg poseability (caused by the wraparound sections of his alt-mode around his lower leg elements)? Or is it something else that I just can't quite put my finger on? I don't know which, but he carries no improvements over HA Skids, while retaining all the things that made that particular mode a little less than perfect. He's just bland and subpar by comparison.

Uggh.

(*well, that AND the fact that I can now proudly say that I have my very own John Turturro action figure, and I am now big enough to where I do not have to worry about getting beaten up for being proud about said fact.)

Maybe it's that there really isn't much distinctly different than Skids? Or it could be the things that stick out from the sides of his chest in front of his arms? :shrug

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had HA Mudflap for a little over a week. I was eagerly anticipating him, as HA Skids is a minor miracle, and both iterations of the Twins DLX figures (the original DLX releases and the Ice Cream Truck version) bring nothing but joy, joy, joy.

But alas...

The high point of HA Mudflap is...the 'Chromia (!ARCEE!)'mini-figure..?!?*

Flapper disappoints. Severly. I'm going to take another look at him tonight, because I don't really understand, why he is so disappointing. Is it the lack of painted details? The lack of leg poseability (caused by the wraparound sections of his alt-mode around his lower leg elements)? Or is it something else that I just can't quite put my finger on? I don't know which, but he carries no improvements over HA Skids, while retaining all the things that made that particular mode a little less than perfect. He's just bland and subpar by comparison.

Uggh.

(*well, that AND the fact that I can now proudly say that I have my very own John Turturro action figure, and I am now big enough to where I do not have to worry about getting beaten up for being proud about said fact.)

Maybe it's that there really isn't much distinctly different than Skids? Or it could be the things that stick out from the sides of his chest in front of his arms? :shrug

I don't know what it is. But whatever magic was wrought in his DLX configurations was lost in the HA mold. It's not a bad toy, per se, but I probably would have been better served saving my money, or at least dropping it on Battle Blades Prime. The differences between the two are there, and subtle, which I like, but there is still something missing. Something perhaps that only somebody like Frenzy__Rumble can fix. I don't know. Annoyingly, the sides of his alt-mode that wraparound his lower legs really hampers his leg articulation, whereas in Skids, not only does it NOT hamper it, it actually adds to his distinctive look. Same setup in Flapper, but it is not set up to peg correctly, and it affects him quite a bit. I'm going to play around with him a bit more to see if I'm just plain transforming him incorrectly and if the fault therein lies with me.

I was actually a fan of the shoulderpad/breastplate thingie formed from his front bumper, but it's just not enough to make up for the final product. It's odd: Flapper is just as hollow as Skids, but somehow Skids gives off the illusion of NOT being hollow, while Flapper does not. Madre.

He's better than HA Swiper, but then again, that's just not saying much.

I have to disagree with you guys. I like Mudflap much better than Skids. To me he feels much better made and has a sturdier transformation...

You misunderstand me. I actually quite like him and Skids. Not nearly as much as Bumblebee, Barricade, or especially Jazz, but those three are really the ones not to skip from the HA assortment.

@ShellformerV1 The panels around his legs tab in about as well as they do on Skids. Not really 'tab in securely', but more 'just sits there'. Then again, I don't really see how they hinder his leg articulation. His leg bends just as well as his brother's, albeit the heel has a stronger lock than on Skids. I also find Mudflap seems less hollow than Skids due to the wheels hiding his spine.

Dios mio. I've spent the last hour or so puzzling over Muddy, and there is just no getting around it: he's blander than Skids and is missing something in his base mode-his alt-mode is fine. It's the bot mode where Muddy's shortcomings show up.

I wish Muddy's wings/doors exhibited the same degree of articulation as seen in his DLX mold, because that would instantly help cure his 'hollow' issues, because I don't even SEE them on Skids (even though they are clearly there), but on Muddy it stands out like a sore thumb. I am also going to repaint him. He has a lot of molded details that just need to be brought out. And I've tried, but the panels on his legs--a veritable feature in Skids--just get in the way on Muddy. They extend farther posteriorly, and at a wider angle and spoil the look of his legs.

HA Swiper has a killer head sculpt, and I love the way his lower limb elements are put together and his alt mode is awesome, but that is it for HA Swiper, IMO. The mold has too many issues. It needs to be scrapped and re-done, but first they need to produce a HA version of Sideways. Jazz is the true standard of the HA line, followed by Skids, Bumblebee (its a good mold, but it just has too many issues), Barricade, Muddy and Swiper.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is Human Alliance Mudflap? Why did this figure never show up? and why is every wave bumblebee + X? did anybody find mudflap in a store?

I found this guy at TJMax the other day. The box is trashed, but I doubt anyone wants HA toys for MIB anyway. I only picked it up because of reading this thread. I dont really care for the HA line. If anyone needs it let me know.

Archived