eBay and Transformers

destronger

so lately i've been trying to get more g1's and using the source of all evil ebay.

but something been driving me crazy... when i see a heading for a g1 that is MISB!!

i look at the pictures and behold... the toy is NOT in the box and loose.

last i checked MISB means "Mint InSide Box". am i wrong?

just a little pet peave.

anyone else?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some sellers will put words like MISB, Rare (which is way overused), to grab your attention. I don't mind that at all. What I do mind are the insane prices on some of the items.

Like $130 for a MISB Cryo Scourge?!?! WTF!?!

or $160 for a MISB Energon Ultra Magnus?!?

or where a reissue is being sold for more then the original

Optimus Prime

Soundblaster

Because of these, most people are upping the price on their own eBay auctions and then wondering why people are not buying. There is a reason why you keep seeing the same expensive figures, no one wants to pay that much

Some sellers will put words like MISB, Rare (which is way overused), to grab your attention. I don't mind that at all. What I do mind are the insane prices on some of the items.

Optimus Prime

Soundblaster

Because of these, most people are upping the price on their own eBay auctions and then wondering why people are not buying. There is a reason why you keep seeing the same expensive figures, no one wants to pay that much

yeah. I dont understand why a reissue is usually priced WAY over the price of originals. I always find re issues have sub par plastic that usually feels and looks really cheap. My biggest beef is with Hasbros re issue of Trax. He is terrible IMO and his foot snapped off immediately. Like it sheared off half way. It's unfixable unless i want a glue line across the hood which i don't want..

I don't like re issues and they shouldn't be so expensive. They're built for adult collectors and not to the quality they were in the day which were meant to be manhandled and played with, therefore being of better quality.

They are not worth the money people ask for them on Ebay at all.

Optimus Prime

Soundblaster

I've discovered in my on again/off again dealings with ebay and it's often over priced sellers is that patience is a virtue and in itself a reward. That being said, just wait, you'll find someone selling what you're looking for at a way better price even if it does take away if not outright destroy instant gratification. As an example, I found an Energon Omega Supreme for a substantially lower price and free shipping than what I had been seeing for the past 6-9 months, so I feel I made out pretty well.

Optimus Prime

Soundblaster

I've discovered in my on again/off again dealings with ebay and it's often over priced sellers is that patience is a virtue and in itself a reward. That being said, just wait, you'll find someone selling what you're looking for at a way better price even if it does take away if not outright destroy instant gratification. As an example, I found an Energon Omega Supreme for a substantially lower price and free shipping than what I had been seeing for the past 6-9 months, so I feel I made out pretty well.

I would say you did, the only thing I ever bought on eBay that I feel was overpriced was my Universe Onslaught. I got him about 3 months before he showed up in the states though. So it was inevitable that I pay a higher price. Though the higher price was quickly dashed when I received not 1 but 2 universe Onslaughts and one of them was marked with "Not For Sale" so I still feel like I made out very well on that deal

And yeah if you want instant gratification you will end up paying more, but if you are patient you can find exactly what you are looking for at the maximum price you wanted it at or less.

Guest Bumblemus

I also noticed alot when going on ebay that some figures have a low price and then the shipping and handling is up in the $20 to $30 range and the seller is swimming in shipping and handling fees

I also noticed alot when going on ebay that some figures have a low price and then the shipping and handling is up in the $20 to $30 range and the seller is swimming in shipping and handling fees

And then when you get the figure you find out the shipping was only $5! yeah I stay away from those sellers also. Or I will wait until the end then bid my lowest which is usually more then what the last guy bid, so to offset the shipping cost and piss off the seller a little

They are all about getting as much of our money as possible. Which I can't blame them. But they need to be reasonable. I remember when I sold my Brave Max to a guy in Canada. I told him shipping with insurance and confirmation would be $30. he was shocked he thought it should have been around $60 or something. When I finally mailed it off to him it came to $41 for shipping. he asked me if I wanted him to send me the other $11 to cover the shipping and I said no. he had already spent about $400 at that point so I wasn't worried about the $11.

Archived