what is the best way to clean g1 tf's??

destronger

as the topic says, what is the best way to clean g1 tf's??

my re-issue god ginrai is dusty and i'm gonna be going through my old g1's soon and they need a cleaning... especially my fortress maximus. could imagine having to clean him if he was life size!!! :lol

Depends on what you're cleaning off of them. If it's just dust, then I use a spray can of air, or a soft bristled tooth brush.

Otherwise, i', not sure, I don't like having to clean around stickers on old figures, incase you remove the glue from it

I was actualy just gonna ask a similar question. I have a white figure with alot unreplacable stickers.

It's not a matter of dust. a Q-tip or toothpick and paper towel can handle that.

It's more of a want to disinfect it. When you buy a used figure, you don't know how or where it was kept.

you don't know how or where it was kept.

this reminded me of the movie airplane... "Get that finger out of your ear, you don't know where it's been!"

anyway, basicly dust and yes disinfect. by g1 tf's have been in boxes for the past ten years. i just found my perfect c10 jazz and my c8.5 jetfire yellowing... :damnit & :emo

this reminded me of the movie airplane... "Get that finger out of your ear, you don't know where it's been!"

anyway, basicly dust and yes disinfect. by g1 tf's have been in boxes for the past ten years. i just found my perfect c10 jazz and my c8.5 jetfire yellowing... :damnit & :emo

Like the rest have said a can of air for the dust, for caked on stuff its a little different, and Liege was right about using a tooth pick and Q-Tip. for the yellowing that can be done different ways. I will use a little bleach but not much with water. don't try to get rid of it in one day though. I've used light applications of bleach over weeks, and the white comes back without harming the figure.

Like the rest have said a can of air for the dust, for caked on stuff its a little different, and Liege was right about using a tooth pick and Q-Tip. for the yellowing that can be done different ways. I will use a little bleach but not much with water. don't try to get rid of it in one day though. I've used light applications of bleach over weeks, and the white comes back without harming the figure.

so bleaching is the only way for yellowing tf's. what mixure? 1% bleach with water?

so bleaching is the only way for yellowing tf's. what mixure? 1% bleach with water?

I used a 1/4 cup of bleach with 8 cups of water. it took me 4 weeks to get One of my old Jetfires white again. someone might have a better mixture though

if you have a junker to experiment on peroxide may be less offensive.

I never tried it on a figure mind you, but I have seen it used on assorted kitchen plastics (as well as human hair :P )

Again, I would recommend finding a junker to experiment on first.

this is so annoying. this jazz i had was PERFECT i mean, i bought it at a toy event for a great deal too.

i'm more upset about the jazz than the jetfire. jazz is one of my favs.

this guy down the street has a store called time tunnel says that all g1's with white plastic will eventually yellow like this too.

Archived