One thing that p!$$ed me off and still does about ROTF

FREEFALLL666

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^ Good point, but what you pay in condiments goes to the theater; what you pay for the actual MOVIE goes into Paramount's pocket.

Also, the longer you wait to see a film, the more money goes to the theater. They have deals with the movie distributors that give them a higher percentage of ticket income after the movie has been out a few weeks. They might pull like 2-5% of each ticket they sell the first week or two but then it goes higher as the movie ages per se'

As for the film, yep, there are flaws a plenty. One that I thought of was how did his parents get to Paris so fast? I mean it was like they dropped Sam at college and *POOF* Paris, France. There was practically no time spent for anyone traveling anywhere in the film unless it was part of the plot, ala dumping the Sec. of Defense out the back of the cargo plane. I'm still deciding on how I feel exactly on this film. Maybe a supa' dupa' directors cut will be released on DVD in the fall.

Also, Jolt is seen in alt mode at one point driving with the group, but if you blink you miss it. I believe it was just before the college fight/forest fight scenes.

Really? The movie has unexplained travel times as well? :tflaugh

I expect that from a 25 year old, 22 ,minute cartoon, not from a modern, big budget Hollywood movie.

Oh Michael Bay, you really are a hypocrite. :tflaugh

I have yet to see this film. Maybe i'll just spare myself the pain of a ticket and wait for it to come to cable tv in about a year or two. :lol:

^^ Good point, but what you pay in condiments goes to the theater; what you pay for the actual MOVIE goes into Paramount's pocket.

Also, the longer you wait to see a film, the more money goes to the theater. They have deals with the movie distributors that give them a higher percentage of ticket income after the movie has been out a few weeks. They might pull like 2-5% of each ticket they sell the first week or two but then it goes higher as the movie ages per se'

As for the film, yep, there are flaws a plenty. One that I thought of was how did his parents get to Paris so fast? I mean it was like they dropped Sam at college and *POOF* Paris, France. There was practically no time spent for anyone traveling anywhere in the film unless it was part of the plot, ala dumping the Sec. of Defense out the back of the cargo plane. I'm still deciding on how I feel exactly on this film. Maybe a supa' dupa' directors cut will be released on DVD in the fall.

Also, Jolt is seen in alt mode at one point driving with the group, but if you blink you miss it. I believe it was just before the college fight/forest fight scenes.

One of my complaints was during the forest scene, How the f*** does Sam end up unscathed on the ground? One minute he is in Optimus Prime's cab, next minute he is running behind a tree. Also, where were the Autobots during the whole fight? Why did it take them so long to get to the Forest? Does prime seriously drive that fast?

I said this before in another thread, i really can't wait for the Fan-edit of this film. I will buy the DVD, but I will also download the Fan-edit and add it to my WD Passport and watch it on my WDTV. There is so much in this film that a good editor can easily cut out and make it tighter. Can't wait for it to drop.

Really? The movie has unexplained travel times as well? :tflaugh

I expect that from a 25 year old, 22 ,minute cartoon, not from a modern, big budget Hollywood movie.

Oh Michael Bay, you really are a hypocrite. :tflaugh

Maybe Skywarp was around and just being camera shy, A LOT.

One of my complaints was during the forest scene, How the f*** does Sam end up unscathed on the ground? One minute he is in Optimus Prime's cab, next minute he is running behind a tree. Also, where were the Autobots during the whole fight? Why did it take them so long to get to the Forest? Does prime seriously drive that fast?

I said this before in another thread, i really can't wait for the Fan-edit of this film. I will buy the DVD, but I will also download the Fan-edit and add it to my WD Passport and watch it on my WDTV. There is so much in this film that a good editor can easily cut out and make it tighter. Can't wait for it to drop.

I totally agree with the fan edit. A decent editor can make this movie much tighter and enjoyable. Trim out that excess fat of poor humor and other useless scenes.

I feel that Bay needs to learn how to pan in his movies. Too many quick cuts and not enough establishing shots.

^Yeah, that was worth seeing on a BIG screen, though I'd recommend going to a matinee, or if you have one of those AMC theaters that'll let you in for 4 bucks on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday morning, do THAT. Cheat Michael Bay out of as much money as possible! He doesn't need it!

I cheated Michael Bay the best way possible: Pirated DVD. ARRR!!!!

You people are something else, you know that?

If they spent the time showing how the characters got from point A to point B, you'd all bitch and moan about boring, time wasting sequences. Especially with his parents.

The other issue is the forest scene...

Megatron busted out of the factory and headed off to find Optimus (who ran off with Sam immediately.), while the other Autobots stayed behind and fought off Grindor and Starscream.

Optimus during transformation, threw Sam out of his cab to safety. (Granted, you'd think he'd have gotten hurt during that whole process, but he didn't, so we have to go with it.)

The Decepticons ran like cowards from the Autobots and took to the air and flew away to follow Megatron and capture Sam. The Autobots are all ground based vehicles, while the Decepticons can FLY, meaning they're not restrained by the rules of the road, the terrain, etc.

Now you're going to say "Yeah, that's true. But that's all an assumption. We didn't see it on screen, so how do we know it went down like that?" to that I say Why wouldn't it have gone down like that? It's common sense to think that's how it all went. Besides, it's a fast paced action/adventure/sci-fi movie. Do you need every friggin' tidbit spelled out in detail for you? You can't use your imagination to fill in the blanks even a little bit?

And hell, if it was spelled out for you, you'd have bitched and moaned about being condescended to, and having those scenes be more time wasting material.

So really, ROTF, Bay, and everyone involved are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

How ridiculous. Common sense folks, use it.

Archived