Fembots Toys

Alpha_Trion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GI joe had a few great female characters; for Cobra as well as GI joe.

Fembots (or action figure fems period) have played a unique role in the combat zone of comics and cartoons.

Their agility was highly exploited in these roles; assasin, counter intellegance, sabatage, ninja, archer/sniper, acrobat, and martial artist.

Blackaranica was obviously an assasin martial artist and the energon Arcee is an archer sharp shooter.

Fem roles are needed not for some romantic story line.

They are needed to fullfil tactically needed combat roles that we all know that women are better suited for than men.

I am in concurence with you. In the case of robots, I like female characters not only because they're cute but because they can be unique warriors. Without trying to perpetuate the gender diference in strength and abilities, fembots are the perfect candidate for he activities you just mentioned, and more. Like Arce once quoted: "Looks are always deceiving" :tfgrin

Two more words... Fembot Gestalt. Yeeeaaaah... can you see it?!?

I would not push it that far, thought I LOVE the idea. :tfevil I reserve that to my twisted fanfics and original stories.

I just find it rather amusing that a company that, according to my own admittedly sketchy info, nixed a figure because they thought it might give little boys nasty ideas, could be interpreted to support homosexual relationships.

Or in the case of Hasbro's main girl's line of the 80's, My Little Pony, not only does this send the message that Hasbro supports homosexuality, but beastiality as well.

Damn this psycho-history course is making me look at things in a scary new way.

It is my believe that kids don't see things that way. Those sexuality issues are the product of over protective, paranoid schizophrenic minds! Sex is the LAST thing on a child's mind and if they prefere all-male action figures is because they want someone to relate to. A rolemodel.

And on a related subject, I don't think hasbro was thinking kinki when they come up with the idea of giving TM BLack Arachnia a removable breast plate. Maybe a Takara's idea but still I don't think sex has nothing to do with it and I don't see it that way.

The only fembots I may remotedly see that way are Armitage III, Battle Angel Alita and Saber Marionette J, which are actually androids (robots with human appearance or synthetic skin, as I call it). In the case of this mecha I like female shaped robots because threy look cute but I want them as thought as malebots, with as many weapons as possible.

I won't argue no more because I am no David that can tear down giants like Hasbro or society over my believes.

I can see the fan fic now Optimus prime damaged in battle needs lubricant badly and all ratchet can find is femmesoil (ala futurama) so he decides in a pinch to save Prime's life with a robosex change. Now the autobot leader is conflicted his duty is clear but She never noticed what a hottie Megatron is, as Ratchet seaches for a more testosterone based lube to bring prime back to the land of manhood. (sorry too much futurama not enough sleep!) :tflaugh

Two more words... Fembot Gestalt. Yeeeaaaah... can you see it?!?

to bring us back to the topic instead of fantasies...

on lexicon.tf, there is an awesome RID fanfic, RID2 which a)makes RID cool, and b) DOES have a fem gestault, albeit it's femmed version of defensor. Alita is the Hotspot (ie femme fire truck for RID prime). It's actually a cool fic as well, has Ultramags go nuts and merge with Scourge...almost makes me wish I could do that with the real figs...

I would most definately buy them. I would buy an Alpha Trion figure too. It is unfortunate that they were never made and that they didn't continue to show the female team after that episode.

• 11 months later...

Archived