Bio of ROTF Demolisher

Darth Caine

Hmm... Okay, Love the look of this guy in the trailer. Translation to toy, however, is a complete disaster. :lol

I was hoping the earlier pics were mistransformed, and since we weren't getting a Devesator set that has individual alt modes, nicely done solo Constructicon robots would be an expensive, but acceptable alternative.. but if this is what we're getting instead, Hasbro's seriously fumbled the ball this time around. Ah well.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasbro is burning money with figures like this. Too little play value and far too bad rendition of an actually quite interesting character. Even kids and newbies will be disappointed when they realize that the cool combiner-monster from the movie won't even combine as a toy. And the collectors are disappointed because of the extreme lack of detail. Just look at the shovel hands - it's a shame!

And then think, theres gonna be repaints too!

This figure has been online for 3 weeks now, I'm suprized we havent seen a preveiw of the next variant already.

For anyone who thinks thats overly sarcastic, may I remind, Universe Powerglide.

Well he doesn't offend me on the same level as, say, AIDS that he appears to offend all of you, but that colour scheme and the big gap of nothing above the head are just too much for me to like him.

It's not offence, I jus find it a crap toy :P

I guess I should choose my words carefully...don't wanna be labeled a hater. First off, he is unique...but the more I see of him, I'm less than impressed. I guess I assumed he was a combiner, so I didn't knock his 'bot mode too heavily at first...plus, he looked pretty cool in the trailer. I actually thought he was a deluxe class for some reason. I kinda don't want to spend twenty bucks (well, probably more nowadays) on this guy, but the completist in me will surely want all the new molds. It would be cool if he had an alternate transport mode which involves the two wheels...he might look better.

IMO, this guy actually had great potential. That's what makes it even worse that Hasbro has screwed up the toy model.

Everytime I see him going through the bridge in the trailer, he somehow reminds me of those giant funfair rides. In a certain way, he is really impressive. And probably even more when the others combine with him.

That's why I find this toy so disappointing.

See fortunately as far as the movie is concerned I'm just into watching it. The movie figs will be bought for my 11 yr old son. This includes this one which I'll be forcing to combine with the other Constructicons from the movie for him.

Archived