I don't want to sound disgruntled, but I'm getting very sick and tired of all of the G1 remakes of Optimus Prime and other G1 characters. Personally, my favorite character in G1 is Rodimus Prime. Transformers The Movie is and has been my favorite movie of the franchise. I love the story and I love how the story pushes the narrative forward.
However ...
Where's the new stuff at?
Sure, there are millions of years of lore between Orion Pax and Rodimus Prime, but where's the path forward? For example:
- How did we go from Autobots/Decepticons to Maximals/Predicons? Beast Wars, in my opinion, was a breath of fresh air, because it told the story of the Maximals. But... Where's the in between? The Maximals were alot smaller in size to the Autobots, so somewhere, the Cybertronian technology got more complex and compact. Optimus Primal was basically the size of a Mini-Con to the original Optimus Prime. So where's the story of how the Autobots became the Maximals?
- What happened after the end of Beast Machines? According to the lore, the Oracle sent the Maximals to ancient Earth to bring back the organic side of the planet, and through the Beast Machines series, we saw the combination of technology and organic life, ergo techno-organic life. It can't be a "happily ever after" for the Maximals and Predicons. Look at Botanica. What's her story?
- Who was the Prime after Rodimus and Optimus played volleyball/tag/hot potato with the Matrix of Leadership? Sure there were 13 Primes. What's their story? How did Quintus Prime create the Quintesons? (This should be it's own question, but whatever.) Who held the Matrix of Leadership AFTER Optimus and Rodimus? What happened to it before the Autobots became Maximals?
- Who is the NEXT PRIME in the line after Beast Machines? For all intents and purposes, both Optimus Primal and Megatron "died" at the end.
I don't mean to step on the toes of any G1 fan or G2/Bay-verse/Anime/Comic book fan, but there has to be something next. If there's life after Kirk, Picard, and Janeway in the Star Trek universe, there has to be life after Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal.
Please! Someone tell me!! I'm starving for a way forward!
With Sincere and Utmost Respect,
RoninJedi