Sideswipe WIP by ServO

ServO

In case anyone was wondering YES...he is missing a head...I think that the Sunstreaker head is absolutely wrong for Sideswipe...not to mention, now when I attach the head to the body, the head looks kinda fat and bulky...so I'm hoping I will be able to track down an Armada Wheeljack to finish it off...unless I'm totally wrong and WJ's head is to big/small...

Overall it was a pretty easy re-paint...I painted the detail on the knee-caps (tail light section) by hand with acrylics...the inside of te doors (arm shield thingys) flat black, and then I put down a layer of white in the wells where the clear plastic headlights go. I haven't decided if I'm going to add any metallic details to the chest, waist, and leg area...the more I look at him, the more he grows on me, but I'm just gonna keep obsessing over his noggin.

Someone hurry the frig up and do up a Red Alert re-paint of this mold...or maybe I'll do one up next week...the shelves at my local Targets are full of these guys...

I'm waiting for Sideswipe before I make Redalert, and the other Sideswipe repaint characters.

Are you waiting because of the whole head issue, or perhaps further refinements to the mold?

I think the only thing I'd do differently is just putting the Autobot emblem on the hood rather than on his upper chest. I think the emblem should show just as big and boldly as Sunstreakers, otherwise I think it's a great Kitbash. Have you thought any further about what you are going to do for his head? ^_^

I think the only thing I'd do differently is just putting the Autobot emblem on the hood rather than on his upper chest. I think the emblem should show just as big and boldly as Sunstreakers, otherwise I think it's a great Kitbash. Have you thought any further about what you are going to do for his head? ^_^

Ahh the head...

I've reduced myself to asking little kids in the neighborhood if any of them have Armada Wheeljack...I think that's the head I want for this figure...

I know exactly what you mean about the faction sticker...I seriously thought about plopping a bigger one on the center of the hood, but then I saw a couple of pics of the Hasbro version of this figure, and it looked like they were going to put a smaller one on it...not to mention when he's transformed in this manner, you can look closely at the spot where I put the sticker and see a place that looks like it was designed for a decal...I dunno...His chest/hood turned out so smooth and shiny, I couldn't bring myself to cover it up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone know which head they will use for sideswipe? I've seen pictures where they use sunstreaker's head on sideswipes body and I've seen another picture where they made his head look like the original G1 sideswipe's head.

I'm waiting for Sideswipe before I make Redalert, and the other Sideswipe repaint characters.

Are you waiting because of the whole head issue, or perhaps further refinements to the mold?

Mostly the head but if there are refinements in the mold that's fine too but yeah mostly the head. I'll be reworking Sunstreaker's head enough with the ones I plan to do while waiting for Sideswipe's release.

Archived