Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teletraan-I / Ark / Nemesis Display Panels!

Recommended Posts

  • Author
Any updates? very excited :-)

 

Patience! :)

 

I know, I do the same thing. I've bugged the ever-loving life out of Valkfan to finish his Stunticon heads. Part of it's me wanting to get the Ironhide and Ratchet heads from him again so I can rebuild my Ironhide and Ratchet customs.

 

I'm taking the weekend off for once (no work for me this weekend), but I may be able to finish up some more pieces. Seriously, it's the details on it that I want to get right and they're taking a good bit. I don't want any piece of it to look like it's replicated from somewhere else, so that every tiny piece is juuuust right.

 

Anybody made their own sets yet from the Ark plates?

I'm serious, I want to see photos. :)

  • Replies 213
  • Views 185.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mandingo Rex
    Mandingo Rex

    **UPDATED 04-06-2009** FOLKS... ALL I ASK IN GIVING THESE FOR FREE, IS THAT COMPANIES DO NOT PROFIT FROM THEM. Please do not use them for monetary gain in displays or promo shots used to sell any ite

  • Mandingo Rex
    Mandingo Rex

    So I had some down time, and decided to dust off this ol' thing...   Here's about 8 hours of detailing work... Still a LOT of work left to do, but just getting the front fascia detailed today knocke

Posted Images

AWESOME any plans for the nemesis controls?

  • Author
AWESOME any plans for the nemesis controls?

 

None as of yet, although I prefer my Autobots to have a home over the Decepticons. Which is why I'm focusing on T-I, and getting him just right first before I upload it for everyone. Perhaps if I "get it right", I can use the template and create the Nemesis controls from a similar design.

 

Oddly, I always saw the Decepticons as nomadic, for some reason... They always had these various bases of operations, kind of like Cobra. Oddly, the good guys always stayed in one place and let it be known where their secret base was, yet the villains always snuck around, creating secret bases and elaborate, yet-foil-able, plots. Where did they get all the money for this real estate? Squatter's rights?

 

If I do, It won't be as elaborate as the Ark, but I also don't plan on just re-coloring Teletraan-I as I joked. Unlike Hasbro/Takara, as much as we love their products, I don't see simply recoloring as "something new, and completely different!".

 

At worst, I COULD always color it purple and call it a Nemesis Teletraan-I. Wait, I just got that... THIS WHOLE NEMESIS NAMING CONVENTION STARTED WITH G1! D'OH!

  • Author

Here's something I could use some help on: aside from my current layout, is there ANYTHING that anyone feels is missing, or has been left off?

 

I recall typically seeing a 4-6 pronged (imagine a robot octopus, with straight legs) screen sitting on top of the "keyboard" area, beneath the big screen. Since the various episodes used varying Teletraan-I interfaces, does anyone have a more "ideal" layout for Teletraan? I've seen one instance where it had a giant trackball/magic-ball (seeing eye?) in the middle of the screen, but this was rare instances. This is currently missing and will be an additional piece that attaches on top of the folded "center console" area. You can hopefully get an idea from the screengrab where it will plug in.

 

Also, any samples of diagrams to put on the screens would be most helpful. I have my own thoughts right now, but populating the screens will be the last step that I take, short of printing and assembling the finished product.

 

I'll try and include photoshop paths for all the screens too, so folks can use masks and drop in their own content if they want to. Once I flatten the file, the PSD is close to 200MB right now, with at least 200 layers so far.

Here's something I could use some help on: aside from my current layout, is there ANYTHING that anyone feels is missing, or has been left off?

If you wanna get really precise, you could make some rocks and broken computer screens, but I wouldn't call those elements "missing".

  • Author
Here's something I could use some help on: aside from my current layout, is there ANYTHING that anyone feels is missing, or has been left off?

If you wanna get really precise, you could make some rocks and broken computer screens, but I wouldn't call those elements "missing".

 

I think they would be nice touches for surrounding elements. Although I'm trying to keep the center console as much of a solid unit as possible. It would be a nice addition to work it into some of the surrounding plates, though. Once I'm done with Teletraan, I may revisit the other plates and modify them so there are at least 2 more, perhaps with some "battle damage" included, like busted screens for those background shots?

 

Rocks wouldn't be hard textures to create, although I'd personally prefer them to not be 2D though.

 

http://www.cripplebush.net/granite/granite_category.htm

 

This place has some awesome rocks that would work well in a Teletraan-I/Ark cave-nestled setting. They're a tad pricey, but hey, you're not paying anything for the Teletraan, so you could spend your money here, or cast your own rubber rocks, if you're adventurous. I guess you could always use real rocks too, but they're sort of, you know, heavy.

Patience! :)

 

I know, I do the same thing. I've bugged the ever-loving life out of Valkfan to finish his Stunticon heads. Part of it's me wanting to get the Ironhide and Ratchet heads from him again so I can rebuild my Ironhide and Ratchet customs.

 

Hahaha! So true!

 

Hey Mandingo, I am just waiting on some higher quality resin that should help with the air bubble issues I've been having.

 

 

These Ark panels are AWESOME! Maybe you can bring a set for me to see when we meet in person. I'd love to see your work first hand.

  • Author
Patience! :)

 

I know, I do the same thing. I've bugged the ever-loving life out of Valkfan to finish his Stunticon heads. Part of it's me wanting to get the Ironhide and Ratchet heads from him again so I can rebuild my Ironhide and Ratchet customs.

 

Hahaha! So true!

 

Hey Mandingo, I am just waiting on some higher quality resin that should help with the air bubble issues I've been having.

 

 

These Ark panels are AWESOME! Maybe you can bring a set for me to see when we meet in person. I'd love to see your work first hand.

 

Thanks Valkfan! See? I bug the life out of him. I should change my screenname to Valkfanfan. Check out his threads, his molds are amazing.

 

I finished the line detailing on the main unit last night, I'm going to focus on the detailed control panels (keys and knobs and stuff around some of the monitors), a few "plugs" and gadgety things, and the raised portions that will attach to the main unit, then I'll be weathering the entire thing.

 

The last thing I'll do is the screens, since I'm hoping others can help contribute to what content they may display. There are plenty of screens to fill, so I will definitely accept any requests folks may have.

 

***If anyone has better video stills of the Teletraan-I unit from the cartoon, could you share them? I would reference my G1 cartoon collection, but I haven't replaced that yet from the fire. I've searched all the references on the internet, but screen grabs from the cartoon would help tremendously, especially if it's not one of the 3 clear images I can find online.

  • Author

Just to prove I'm still working on it:

teletraan_wip3.jpg

 

Those bottom side 2 monitors, I've decided will be cut out and a separate piece will fold inwards, so they'll be inset. I wasn't happy with them the way they are, so they'll be changing. They'll be more consistent with the other Teletraan references I've found, and it will be more 3D.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.