Animated Starscream

Devil Mazinkaiser

Animated Starscream has to be one of my favorites from the new line... both on the show and the toy itself. The arm blasters / missles bothered me a bit though:

AniSS1.jpg

So I decided to fix them! :tftongue

I cut down the included orange missles to fit a few extra G1 Starscream missle heads that I also cut and dremelled. Superglued the ends together and painted them to make the new arm cannons:

AniSS2.jpg

I also discovered a neat gimmick with SS's arms... the blasters slide forward, and the forearm panels fold out:

AniSS3.jpg

The only thing that I am still not happy with is the paint color of the new thrusters. I am still working on getting that right. :redface

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks much better then the goofy orange missiles, but I have to admit, I'm much more curious about how you managed to find an Animated Starscream before street date.

That looks much better then the goofy orange missiles, but I have to admit, I'm much more curious about how you managed to find an Animated Starscream before street date.

Lots of people already got Animated toys via eBay. But at high price.

Wow, A. SS looks pretty good. I am not a fan of the Animated line, but I might have to pick him up. Primes alt mode turned me off to the whole line. copter megs looks promising too.

I always find it hilarious how a simple mod makes a toya thousand times better. WTG!

Guest Primal-Convoy

Great work! Now, how about:

1/ Recolouring it in grey instead of blue.

2/ Changeing that awful hiead to somlething a bit better (like armada ss for example)

Archived