Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Along Came A Spider

Recommended Posts

Sheesh, I try to have a discussion about characterization and everybody starts calling me a retard :roll

It's one thing to discuss a character. It's an other to rant about how a character isn't strong willed and lacks resolve, when the episode in question clearly shows she has both.

 

What exactly indicates that she doesn't have resolve or a strong will?

Prime was able to talk her out of removing the Spark Key from her neck on her own instead of having to remove it himself. Then she just gets all moody and walks away. It's like the writers have to make her completely ineffective as a villain because the Autobots aren't allowed to use force to stop her.

She would have died if she hadn't stopped using it, and she realized that. Optimus was providing exposition for the audience.

 

And she didn't get moody and walk away. She made Prime think that she was going to open up to him, and then she jabbed him with her pincers again. Which is exactly what she thinks Prime did to her. Betrayal, you know. After doing that, she had proven her point.

 

Not that you aren't displaying a third-grader understanding of character and motivation. HAY WHY IZ SHE NOT EVIL N STUF

 

P.S. somebody else can pick up the slack here, I'm getting tired of responding to every retarded thing Hornet comes up with.

I'd like to help, but I more or less gave up after his "Animated is subliminally advocating a pro-outsourcing agenda" rant.

 

 

WHAT?!

 

Link, please!

I wish I had saved it. I'll take a look though the old threads. Basically, it started when Cartoon Network released the bios and character art for the main cast of the show.

Hornet went off about how the Sumdacs being Indian would somehow teach kids that outsourcing is ok.

Never mind that he lives in, and grew up in, Michigan.

 

Lets not also forget the "Animated being set in Detroit will cause kids to want to go to Detroit and then get shot in the face" post as well.

 

Oh Blot topic...

I actually really liked this episode. Very well done. I also personally like my villains to be shades of gray. I really hope this gets played out more in the future and not just forgotten.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A revelation:

 

Animated is

 

A :awsum W :awsum E :awsum S :awsum O :awsum M :awsum E :awsum

True. It's almost as good as BW (IMO).

And yeah, Blackarachnia is a good character...

 

Hornet - you say Prime was strong, yet look how freaked out he got by Spiders. EVEN I'M not that bad...

I think Animated is better than Beast Wars, if you want to talk about a show that hits the ground running.

 

but I suppose that's a comment for another topic

I also find the choice of Cree Summers for Blackarachnia is funny... because Cree voices every black girl in animation. And is voicing BLACKarachnia.

 

*Insert LOL Blackarachnia is black jokes here*

And Elita-1 is.... um...

 

okay there's nothing there

Let's see...

Shapely female figure,

Blond "ponytail,"

Runs around with more than one male,

 

She's obviously a Playbot Playmate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.