Transformers evolution series

Direrose

It's short, but it's good. IDW needs to start that up again soon. The only comics of theirs I read.

The first 3 were great, but the ending was a disappointment. Ryall said they have ideas for more, but that both IDW and Hasbro are concerned about putting too many TF continuities out at once (evolutions, 86 movie adapt, 07 movie adapt, reprints, bw, ongoing).

It was great in concept and premise. Guidi's newly imagined alt modes were pretty interesting and inspired a couple of customs. The story was okay except it got cut at the ending for the reasons stated above rather than being put on a long hiatus (which I personally would've preferred).

The best part are really the Industrial Age alt modes. If you can still find the TPB, it has a collection of concept sketches in the back that include a couple of Prowl in locomotive form that didn't appear in any of the regular issues.

Yeah...and that was the constraint. If they could have extended it or planned ahead better, the story wouldn't have had such an abrupt ending. I have all the issues, I should get the trade (unless someone has scans of those sketches).

• 2 months later...

That'll be the last time they make a blimp transformer!

:tflaugh I mean really- who thought that would turn out to be a good idea?

:tflaugh I mean really- who thought that would turn out to be a good idea?

Scourge

:tflaugh

Archived