MP-Convoy vs. 20th Anni Prime

Speedwreck

Hi! I'm new here.

I haven't bought a MP/20Anni Convoy/Prime yet, and I'm curious - if price is no object, which should I get? What're the pros and cons of each? How does the quality control stack up?

Obviously there's the battle-damaged/non, short/long stacks, and the cardboard trailor - but what else? I hear MP-Convoy has some joint frailty issues, does 20th Anni Prime have the same problems? Talk to me!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

I don't have either one, but, since you say that money is not the issue, I'd say that it's best to just get MP Convoy. If it were like, twenty dollars, I could overlook the short smokestacks of 20th Anniversary Prime, but it isn't.

Alrighty... lesse what I can do here:

MP Convoy: Pros: Closer to cartoon perfection. Long stacks, nice "clean" paint job, cool paper trailer.

Cons: Grey blaster. Pricier. Japanese. While the box and packings are pretty... I cant read a whit of it.

20th Prime: Pros: Black Blaster. Neat box-- inside of Prime's trailer base. Cheaper. Easier to get. English. His stuff is legible to me

Cons: Short Stacks. *Awful* battle damage. I don't like battle damaged figures in general, but at least if it's well done... it can look okay. Prime's looks like grease smudges. :puke.

Plus, to me.. it just seems to not "belong" on a figure that's essentially by nature, iconic.

Well, I've done nothing but oggle 20th Prime at ToyFare, so I can't give my *own* perspective on it, but i've heard people have problems with his feet staying on/being loose, etc. My MPC is in no way effected by that problem. The only time his foot ever came off was the first time I TFed him and missed a step in the process.

Guest Krusty The Klown

ill bet you did what i did and didnt move his heel thingy right? foot popped of as well the first time i did it, i also some times take the head off so armada unicron can hold it in his hand

I have MP Convoy, and I can use my paper trailer just fine, it stands up just fine, since I taped it all up and stuck a foam block between the rear tires. I don't even know it's there unless I'm looking right at it.

I have heard that Hasbro's version has got crap for instructions, and there have been reports of the feet coming off easily. The only problem with my Takara's is a squeaky left front wheel, but I don't roll it around much anyway.

All in all, I would think they are similar in quality, although Takara's may be less of a gamble because of the Hasbro loose foot issue. But in the end, it would depend on your stack/damage/trailer preference.

Archived