What mainline movie toys are selling out

Bizzmoff

I've scouted the Targets in my area, and here are my findings:

Target (Burbank Empire Center)

- I bought the last Leader Class Optimus Prime. Sorry. :P

- There was one Leader Class Megatron available today. Might already be gone.

- Voyager Class toys are nearly depleted there.

- Deluxe Class toys consist of Scorponok, Brawl and Wreckage.

- Arcee is the only Scout Class toy that's sold out.

- Optimus Prime helmets are nearly sold out, even though their batch has the crappy Gary Chalk voice.

Target (North Hollywood - Victory Blvd.)

- Absolutely no Leader Class toys available.

- On one shelf, you have the Great Wall of Ratchet.

- Wreckage also fills up an entire shelf. I've read on a lot of places that he's actually a very good Deluxe figure. Anyone here have one?

- Yesterday, the store had at least five Deluxe Class Arcees and two Dreadwings. Today, they're gone. Even Swindle is gone - and he and Dreadwing are just crappy drones.

- Plenty of Scout Class and Real Gear toys.

Target (Van Nuys - Raymer St.)

- This is one of the least accessible Targets in L.A. due to its location, yet the TF section is a disaster area. Loads of smaller TFs are scattered all over.

- Even Wreckage is nearly depleted here.

- At least they have the Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen voice) helmets in stock.

Target (Sherman Oaks - Sepulveda Blvd.)

- This is where I got my Deluxe 2008 Bumblebee. They also had a stock load of Robo-Vision Optimus Primes. But that was last Wednesday, so I don't know what the stock status is with this store.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeird findings today in the Orange & San Diego county areas of So California: NOTHING.

No really, NO Deluxe Class figures at Toys R Us, Target or Wal-Mart. I went to FOUR Targets, three TRUs, and three Wal-Marts, and all anyone had were Cyber Slammers, Robot Heroes, Real Gear, etc. Only 2 stores even had any Fast Action Battlers, and then it was only 2 or 3 figures total. Did something happen over the weekend or something? Any shortages like this in other areas? The only info I could get was from one Target clerk who told me their warehouse stock was depleted.

I did, however, find the three newest 3" Titanium figures (Ironhide, Jazz & Megatron) at the last Target. I'd post a pic, but Verizon's Pix site I sent the photo to seems to be unavailable right now. LOVE my lil' Ironhide. :tfdance

We have a lot of Deluxe figures in the Midwest, Bumblebee (both versions), Barricade, and Arcee are hard to find. I snatched up the ones I did come across for my brothers and I. I can find everything else in the Deluxe, Leader and Voyager class without a problem.

At a TRU this Saturday (7/21) in San Jose, CA, there were about 4 Voyager Ironhides and 6 Voyager Starscreams.

No Deluxes except Starscream and 1 Bonecrusher. I passed. And nothing else except the cheapie baby toys.

Yes, for some reason it seems that the stock is depleting.

BTW, I grabbed an Ironhide (luckily he was actually the one I came for). Love it! Gonna go play with him now!

It's pretty empty in New york right now, from what I kjnow, 3 targets have no voyagers left, maybe scorponok and wreckages left. Alot of proto starscreams all over the place. Plenty of real gear. Also saw a few fab frenzy's put i couldn't put myself to get him. lol, he just looks so bulky..... if only they made the spinning blade more like a boomerang that came back and hit him ....

Situation is the same at TRU at times square but lots of desert attack packs mainly because they charge 30.99 for them, which is a rip off. Literally racks and racks of proto starscreams, a few wreckages and scorponoks, and unleashed figures.

Leader classes are nowhere to be found lol. I've been trying to get my hands on a prime for the last two weeks.

Archived