Why does this happen?

Devil Mazinkaiser

I just bought these guys on ebay for 10 times that amount......I'm leaving this thread now.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow u picked that up for cost price lol. when i used to work retail the registers have to be updated so that if a clearanced item is sold again in the future as a regularly stocked item, the original price is held... so basically some doofus forgot to update the their systems inventory and u got it for a clearnced price. lucky you :tflol

This never happens to me. I never saw DVD prime for less than $50 either

I used to be a Department Manger in a Wal-mart. Prices change all the time. There where two different types of markdowns. One is when the company does a company wide price drop that changes in the computer by home office or by the people that work in the office at the store. Then there are lists of price drops that we had to do ourselves in the department with the Telzon Units, the little hand scanners that you see the employees with. Either way you get these list of labels that need to be changed either one a daily or weekly basis. That is unless there is a sales flier then you have to put those on sale too. Then of coarse there is clearance, each department get so many dollars to put merchandise on clearance. As you can see that is a lot of price changes, and not all the sticker get changed as there supposed to. I always check the price of something im not sure of on one of the price checkers. Also, if you see a bunch of items in a spot on the shelf. Say Alternators are in a spot marked $10, ask tell them at the checkout and they will useally give it to you for that price, sometimes you have to cause a seen, but that is Wal-marts policy if its marked wrong on the shelf then you get it for that price. But dont go changing the stuff around and trying to get away with it, i used to work for Wal-mart security too and if you get caught moving items around like that, or changing price stickers in anyway they can get you for theft. Trust me it happens all the time, Wal-mart has good security you wont even know your being watched..

Something similar happened when the 6" Titaniums came out, they were going for a fiver.

Thanks everyone for responding. :)

But, why would a brand new, case fresh Alt Ravage that has never been on clearance before ring up at such an odd price?

I can't think of any TF related item that has a $6.00 price point... and I have never seen alts on sale that low either. :tfhuh

Archived