Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF: TM Soundtrack. Why no 20th Anniversary Edition?

Recommended Posts

I'm going to assume that some legal troubles might prevent it, although the original CD soundtrack is still available. It still would have been nice to get a complete soundtrack to Transformers: The Movie.

 

It seems like such an idea wasn't even considered.

BECAUSE IT SUCKS

 

Sorry- that was the short, obvious answer

 

I have it, but I have serious trouble listening to anything but a handful of songs from it.

I personally enjoy it very much...

 

your answer is to get your hands on a BotCon '97 CD, that'll take care of everything you need

although i agree with darcnarc it was probably based off demand as the original didnt go platinum

 

it is out of print so they could have done so if the WANTED to, but i just saw one in a bestbuy as recent as last month

What would sell (IMO) is a disc like the Led Zeppelin "Encomium" tribute. Several popular bands remaking The Touch, IoD, Dare, Hunger... with their own flavor added.

 

I bet Trent Reznor could make a version of "The Touch" that would sell like crack at a plumbers convention :schin

 

 

My previous statements are assuming that the rest of the world enjoys Transformers as much as I do :redface

i agree with the tribute thing, that would be sweet to have a band like Hinder do Dare or something. With the RHCP doing dare to be stupid of course :D

I think that's a bit much to hope/ask for, personally.

 

I happen to like the instrumental stuff quite a lot, on a musical level (mainly from a drum perspective; it made a lot more sense once I found out that Vince DiCola plays drums as well as keyboard). The songs... eh that's pure nostalgia for me.

 

And BTW the existing soundtrack only has 10 songs on it. The BotCon double CD has every note from the film, and then some.

I'm happy with the Soundtrack and the Score albums. I don't need a 3rd album. Unless Trent Reznor had his way remixing it.

Others could be Apollo 440 & Basement Jaxx.

I happen to like the instrumental stuff quite a lot, on a musical level (mainly from a drum perspective; it made a lot more sense once I found out that Vince DiCola plays drums as well as keyboard). The songs... eh that's pure nostalgia for me.

Was the bass guitar on the album keyboard as well? I'm thinking it was. Anyway, until that soundtrack, I didn't know that that instrument (sound) even existed. I had my Dad's record collection to thank for the lack of low end (like Bart and Lisa looking for bass in that Wacking Day episode).

I happen to like the instrumental stuff quite a lot, on a musical level (mainly from a drum perspective; it made a lot more sense once I found out that Vince DiCola plays drums as well as keyboard). The songs... eh that's pure nostalgia for me.

Was the bass guitar on the album keyboard as well? I'm thinking it was. Anyway, until that soundtrack, I didn't know that that instrument (sound) even existed. I had my Dad's record collection to thank for the lack of low end (like Bart and Lisa looking for bass in that Wacking Day episode).

Yeah that was keyboard bass. He probably did the whole thing himself (except for the electric guitar bits... though that's just a guess; you never know). I just think, what a great/fun opportunity he had to just come up with stuff and be creative. They only gave him storyboards to work with, and he was pretty much given free reign to do whatever he wanted. From a composition standpoint, that's like a dream job. And it's amazing how well the music actually does fit with the movie, considering how little reference material he had to work from.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.