I built a REAL 20th Aniversary Optimus Prime Trail

thefool1972

I'm hideing the hinges and everyting .

I'm slmost done with my roller. he's remote controland will be able to go up and down the ramp on his own.

I finnished the taillights and breaklights so they work via small switchs on the underside.

I'm looking for a way to make the repair crane inside the trailer move via remote control as well.

I think i figures a way to open and close the trailer via remote as well but not sure if i can do it due to the size of the mechanics that it needs.

Remote Controled roller and crane, now thats going to be a very impressive 20th Aniversery Prime!! I'd love to see shots of that!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very Impressive! I like the three axles. :thumb

well I don't, c'mon peolpe I can apreciate the effort, but masterpiece prime is about cartoon accuracy, why mess it up with a trailer that is completely inacurate aside from the stickers on the side. If the trailer was painted gray i would go with it and pretend it has two axles. Sorry if i'm too harsh but I prefer to be honest.

Very Impressive! I like the three axles. :thumb

well I don't, c'mon peolpe I can apreciate the effort, but masterpiece prime is about cartoon accuracy, why mess it up with a trailer that is completely inacurate aside from the stickers on the side. If the trailer was painted gray i would go with it and pretend it has two axles. Sorry if i'm too harsh but I prefer to be honest.

That's cool, and I understand.

Just remember, they never really refered to the trailer during the cartoon. It was just scenery, it seems. Anyway, I always thought he would have more than just one trailer.

You know: One for hauling energon, another as a repair bay, a weapon module, a cargo hauler... The list goes on and on...

Oh, and BlastermusPrime, I'll catch you later on e-mail.

Guest Krusty The Klown

i like your trailer, its unique, id like something bigger though so i can fit my energon cars inside them though, but i may still get you to build me a trailer but leave the stickers off, ill get my friend to paint it magnesium if he ever buys that color paint for xbox painting

Can you be more descriptive on what parts you used to modify it and to lower the undercarriage?

More info would be apprecited. That trailer is so awesome, I almost wet my pants

Fine, got nothing to hide on this one:

The main piece is a 1/4 inch thick board of wood that fits between the base and the wheelwell. This can be found in the walmart craft section in a bag with a collection of about 6 boards.

I purchased slightly longer screws that allwed me to secure the wheelbase into the trailer with the board between them. The forward screw moring on the base of the trailer has protruding pegs the screw goes in and needs a notch cut in the wood to fit.

The forward hitch is made from one of the plastic securing mounts (the truck was actually screwed down to the cardboard backing...) and a small plastic peg cut from the trailers original hitch-stand (it was too short anyway).

A small drill and a screw, mixed with some epoxy, secures the new hitch.

As I said, it's not a big deal... Just takes a little creative licence...

Archived