Transformers: Uprising

Greetings! After a small haitus, I have returned. My life plans involve being a writer, and while I don't usually write fan fiction, I figured I needed a project just for fun while I'm writing on serious projects. Thus, I have come up with Transformers: Uprising.

The premise is mostly put on the Cybertronian Council and a few important players some 900 years after the Great War ended. It uses Transformers from a variety of series, and changes the names of a couple. For instance, Ironhide is actually Cybertron Landmine. Not all of the characters have been introduced in Chapter one, as it's really supposed to be a taste of the internal problems that are beginning. Please feel free to leave me comments, and I appreciate any criticism. I'm working on getting my writing style back into fighting form, so anything is welcome. Now, without further ado, Transformers: Uprising, Chapter One!

Optimus Prime couldn’t remember ever being so tired.

He put his head in his hands and sighed, his metallic frame groaning a bit at the unnatural posture. The council meeting again hadn’t gone as he had planned. Already, new policies were being enacted all over Cybertron that he didn’t want, and yet the council had somehow convinced him were the right course of action. Joining the council had been one headache after another, and he was beginning to regret ever accepting the position.

After all, it wasn’t unheard of for the Holder of the Matrix to not be on the Cybertronian Council. Hell, for millions of years, there hadn’t even BEEN a Cybertronian Council. Sometimes he felt stifled by tradition that hadn’t been upheld almost as long as it had been.

“Feeling sorry for yourself again?� An old, brown painted hand touched his shoulder. “For years, I fought against the council, planned every meeting, and prepared myself for how I wanted things to go, as you do now. It wasn’t until I began planning for the unexpected and focused more on how to get the members to agree on what I wanted to do that things began to go my way.�

Optimus smiled a bit underneath his face plate. Vector Prime had a way of reminding him how stupid he was being without being insulting and Optimus knew he was right.

“I’m not used to this, Vector. I’m used to commanding troops, having them obey my orders without question. Since I became Prime, those troops are the only ones who take my words as commands and follow through. Politics isn’t my game, and I’m beginning to think it never will be.� Optimus sighed again, but sat up straight in the Chairman’s Seat at the Council Table. The building had been completely restored three times since it’s original construction in the Cybertronian Golden Age, only one of which from the ground up. Its third restoration was just finished, the polished titanium and stone gleaming with an odd similarity. This room, this building, represented Cybertronian unity for more than half a millennia. And Optimus was beginning to feel it all crumble around his auditory sensors. Pressure sensors activated as Vector squeezed his shoulder as he sat in the chair to Optimus’s right.

“Things are never as bad as they seem. You’ll get this all right long before it crumbles to civil war, as you seem to fear.� Optimus was a bit startled that Vector had read his mind so clearly.

“I’m amazed you can say that, old friend. What with Megabolt’s appointment as Representative to the Head Masters and the council’s decision to not only pardon Beast Megatron, but appoint him to the council as well, it’s beginning to look like a political civil war already. Primal is about ready to leap across the table at Beast Megatron, and Beast Megatron seems to want him to do so. Megabolt is scheming, I know he is, I just don’t know for what, and Starscream makes me uneasy, especially with how much power he’s acquired as the Cybertronian Air Force’s commander. And if the council disputes weren’t enough, we’ve got a growing problem with this gang of Destrons in the Underground and growing discontent among the populace at large concerning the Cybertronian government we all agreed upon.� His optics flashed as he spoke, growing brighter as he vented his frustrations. “On top of all that, I’m tired. I haven’t taken a proper rest cycle in close to three months, and my energon supply is so low, I could practically go into stasis lock any moment.

“Why you ever stepped down, I’ll never know. You were the leader we all wanted and needed, you did things right, the council obeyed you, and the people were happy. Under my leadership, they’ve created gangs and I’ve even heard rumors that they want the Matrix taken from me.�

“First of all, young one,� Vector Prime said as he stood up. “I did nothing but fight with the council the entire time I led it, I was always tired until I learned some hard lessons, and I had my fair share of dissenters as well. You seem to think I made it look easy, but all I really did was keep my cool when it mattered. You can do the same. Just stop trying to control things that are out of your hands. As Prime, you lead the Autobots, but here, you were elected. While it helps, the Matrix does not guarantee you a seat on the council, or as council chairman.�

“Then what am I supposed to do? Pander to these self-serving power mongers?� Optimus shouted, his face plate reverberating with the volume.

“No!� Vector shouted right back, startling the half-risen Optimus right back into his seat. “You use compliments. You be as civil as you can be. You persuade with good arguments and support your reasoning with facts. I’ve seen you be a good leader, Optimus. Is it your innate hatred for your opponents that makes this so hard? Or are you really that stupid, to let prejudice cloud your judgment?�

“Of course not! I know they’re here because they want the best for their respective factions! I just don’t know how to get them to care about what’s best for Cybertron!�

Vector was silent a moment, his optics dulled as if his mind where somewhere else. He spoke quietly then, and somehow his voice carried clear and true. “Maybe wanting what’s best for the Predacon Alliance, the Autobots, the Head Masters, the Cybertronian Merchants Guild, the CIC, the CAF, and every other little faction represented on the council IS what’s best for Cybertron.� He stood up. “You have it within you. The Matrix chose you. You’ll learn, or your worst fears may just come true.�

With that, Vector Prime stood and left the startled Optimus Prime staring at his back.

Finally, the last connections were made. No more riding around in the Cybertronian Transportation Shuttles. Megabolt was mobile once again!

He flexed the six, insect-like legs on his back, watched as they moved within his peripheral vision and back again, undulating in a perfect rhythm all their own. They were beautiful, really. And deadly.

The feat snapped back and tiny machine guns were revealed, one in every leg. He had gotten the idea watching old historical vids of the Beast Wars, and how effective Tarantulas and Blackarachnia could be with them. Now, they were a perfectly hidden set of weapons he wouldn’t mind revealing, if it allowed him to keep his more powerful weapon secret for a little longer.

Transforming, the vicious looking head fairly danced across the floor. Easily dodging imaginary bullets and speeding past imaginary cars, Megabolt was quite satisfied with the augmentations to his alternate form.

“Well done, I must say. Any Head Master without a body would be proud of such augmentations! What do I owe you for the job?� Megabolt glided across the floor to the shadows where the two red optics glowed from the dark.

“Oh, no payment is necessary, friend. I only require your continued help.� The voice almost rumbled it was so deep. Megabolt loved it!

“Of course! Without you, I’d still be rotting in some prison, my circuits rusting from disuse! So long as I get what I want, I’ll help you in any way I can.�

“Good. Then if we’re finished. . . “ The optics faded, and somewhere in the dark a door slammed shut. Megabolt thought about that. In all the time he’d known him, he had never told “his� name. Any Transformer with a glimmer of personal duty or a flash of decency in his spark would be suspicious, but Megabolt was different. Such concerns were below him. So long as he got what he wanted, Cybertron be damned!

He transformed again and made for the door. He was now as capable as he was beautiful, and soon every piece would be in place for his ascension. No longer would he be nothing but a head! Soon, his vision would be complete. Cybertron would tremble with his power, Transformers would bend at his will, and the Galaxy would quake at his name! Megabolt was quickly on his way to fame, fortune, and so much more.

“I’m tellin’ ya, BB, that council don’t know a lick o’what they think they do.� Ironhide almost tripped on a power cord as he and the small, yellow Autobot walked the hidden hallway deep within the Cybertronian Infantry Corps’s main base. “Stupid cords everywhere. Every meetin’, all I hear about is complainin’ about this, complainin' about that. Sometimes, I just wanna bust some chops like in the old days.�

“Right, Ironhide, of course you do. What’s Prime think?� BB said, almost jogging to keep up with the bigger bot.

“He’s fed up, just like me! Oh, he doesn’t say it, but I can see it in his optics. BB, I think he’s getting’ ready to step down.� BB stopped suddenly and Ironhide turned to face him. “What’s up?�

“Prime is ready to step down as Chairman?� Bumblebee said, his face shocked. Ironhide was puzzled by his reaction to this.

“’Course! Who wouldn’t be? All those stuffed shirts arguin’ with everythin’ he says. Me, I wouldn’t tolerate it, but then again, I wouldn’t want it.� Ironhide turned and started down the hallway again, the metal walls and conduits shining from his headlights. This time, BB did have to jog, just to catch up.

“But if he steps down as Chairman, who will lead the council then? Personally, I’d rather have a Prime in control of the council than a Predacon, or worse, a former Decepticon.�

Ironhide chuckled. “BB, he ain’t got control now! He makes a suggestion, and they barrel right over ‘im. This whole council thing is a joke anyway.�

“I disagree. It’s held Cybertron together for a long time.�

Ironhide spun so quickly, BB ran into his finger. “It also tore Cybertron apart cleaner’n an energon blade, too. Me and you spent a long time fighting Decepticreeps who thought they knew how ta run things better’n a council, and then we go back to the same system? Bad idea ta start with, worse idea ta keep.� He stalked off and BB again had to run to catch up.

“Come on, Ironhide, you don’t mean that. The council has meant freedom to all Transformers for a long time now. It was everything Optimus wanted.� Ironhide nodded. They both knew BB wasn’t talking about the current Optimus.

“Amazin’ he’s gone, seein’ how many times he came back from the dead.� They both chuckled, though it was a bit sad. He sighed deeply, his shoulders visibly sagging in defeat. “Yer right, BB, just like ya always are. I ain’t cut out for the politics role, but we do have peace now. Works for some of us, I spose.�

They came to the end of the hallway, and Ironhide palmed a control panel that opened the hidden door. Secretly, he hoped BB would be surprised at how well he had hidden this room, but when he looked down, BB appeared as calm and controlled as he always did. For someone Ironhide got used to rescuing, it was disturbing how grown up a Transformer BB had become. A capable espionage agent, BB knew more about Cybertron and it’s workings than anybody. He had been the obvious choice for head of the CIC’s intelligence department and Ironhide had never regretted it.

Still, it got disappointing when even Ironhide couldn’t keep anything secret from BB. Couldn’t he just have one secret without BB weaseling it out of something?

They both walked forward, BB absorbing details as he went. The room was well lit and reminiscent of older Autobot technology. It was something Ironhide was comfortable with even if the rest of Cybertron had since moved on to a cityscape and style similar to earthen tastes. The orange walls of variously sized plates, the huge screens and control panels with enormous buttons, it hailed to a simpler time when things had to work, simplicity being king, but still gave every room the feeling of being inside a cube. Floors, walls, ceiling, they were all indistinguishable from one-another. The simplicity of war: no time for style.

Ironhide led him to a control panel and began inputting a code BB already knew by heart. The day would come when he wouldn’t be able to break an encryption code, but it hadn’t come yet. The center of the room began to rise, and a holo panel lifted from the raised dais.

“This,� Ironhide said, a touch of pride, “is what I want ya ta see.� He pressed another series of buttons, and the holo panel lit up.

It was a security vid, the image slightly distorted, but it was still clear enough to see. It showed the Head Master Megabolt on a table getting some body modifications. It looked like insect legs were being attached to his back. What BB didn’t recognize was the figure performing the modifications. He was light orange, almost yellow, with two wicked looking horns on the top of his head, and a huge cannon on his shoulder. BB immediately began running a likeness comparison program.

“Don’t bother, BB. He ain’t anyone ever built here on Cybertron.� Ironhide smirked, satisfied that he’d finally surprised BB.

“Who is he?� BB said, fascinated at finding something he didn’t know that obviously mattered. Ironhide shrugged.

“Best thing I can figure is he came in on a trans-galactic flight from somewhere, but I ain’t found any records yet. That’s why I’m puttin’ you on the case. Find me a name, find me a reason he’s modifying a council member, and find me a reason I don’t need to be worried about the previous two.� BB froze the display and walked closer, brushing the hazy display with a single digit.

“Yeah, you got it, Ironhide. I’ll get you my report as soon as possible.� Bumblebee couldn’t put his finger on it, but something was very familiar about the strange bot. And that same familiarity was terrifying. “I’ll make it a priority.�

Well, I'm intrigued!

Nice interaction between the two Primes and Ironhide seems dead on character. Bumblebee's the logical evolution of his G1 persona (comic more than cartoon, perhpas).

But, frankly, even after this one shot: more Megabolt! The whole image of the great head on legs dancing about in joy is simply brilliant! And a villian with that kind of attitude always makes for some 'fun' in the future.

I eagerly await more!

• 9 months later...

Archived