Alt Swerve

don't be pissed cause someone else gets a deal you don't.

Did it occur to you that maybe some people actually don't want to see people

get a raw deal, and that they are not driven by envy?

Wow....tempers.

I have to agree with STPrime on this one. All that was said was by Nemesis Prime 480 was that he had Alt Camshaft to trade for Swerve.

Hell, I have Alt Camshaft too, and if I would have wanted Alt Swerve, I would have responded also.

And EVERYONE has to know what Swerve will fetch on ebay, unless you were born today, then one may not know, but I'm pretty sure Mattimus knows, hell, he just threw it out there that he wants Camshaft.

As far as propelling the system that is criticized, I have to dis-agree. Just because someone is a mass collector doesn't mean that they are propelling the system. I have at least TWO of EACH Alt released. One on display, and at least one MISB.

Hell I have 2 N.P.'s, 1 MISB and 1 on display. I have 1 RHD Silverstreak, and 1 LHD Silverstreak both MISB and 1 on display.

Does that make me guilty too?......

.......No. It make me a collector.

IBL

As far as propelling the system that is criticized, I have to dis-agree. Just because someone is a mass collector doesn't mean that they are propelling the system. I have at least TWO of EACH Alt released. One on display, and at least one MISB.

Hell I have 2 N.P.'s, 1 MISB and 1 on display. I have 1 RHD Silverstreak, and 1 LHD Silverstreak both MISB and 1 on display.

IBL

Nope, you're exactly what a toy collector should be 1 and 1, IMO that's not "mass collecting"... I take issue with hoarders, folks who buy 4,5,6 of an item and then just sits on them until the value goes up or someone is willing to fork over the right amount of cash... That's the sect that I hate in the collecting community, and I used to be one... What happened to my collection is a topic for another thread.

IBL

Guilty is too strong a word to use.

However playing a (perhaps small) part in increasing the price of an item and being a collector aren't mutually exclusive.

Collector or not, regardless of if it's done with that intention or not, when you buy multiples of an item from a source at which it is scarce in relation to demand, it increases the amount of people who cannot obtain that item from that source.

Some of those people will look elsewhere, and may end up paying more for that item as a result. Had they been able to obtain the item in question from the first source, that would not have happened.

There's no one party to blame in the mess that resulted from Nemesis Prime, but people buying multiples of it from HTS when so many had problems getting even one that message boards start to run slow exagerates the problem.

I don't hink anyone thought there would be even up trade of swerve for camshaft. That said...

1) Swerve is only as valuable as the two parties involve decide he is.

2) Last week a swerve sold for ~110 plush s+h. that is definately in the range of an Alt NP and Alt Camshaft, particularly if you have to get them from different locations. If you are planning on selling them, then you probably should sell swerve outright, however, if you just want NP and Camshaft, this seems like a fair deal to me. Particularly since swerve may be at the apex of it's value where as NP and Camshaft may be... (see next point)

3) Neither Camshaft nor Nemesis prime have been release in greater value than Swerve. In the long term both may equal or surpass swerve in value.

4) A Tfan might feel guilty charging a hugely absorbinate price for an item he paid $20 for. Buying swerve at a high price is risky. He could be reissued at anytime and the value would be similar to redbox tracks. Someone might not feel comfortable putting that risk on him and might be glad to get high value for his swerve while it's still has some.

5) If you don't have cash on hand, selling swerve on ebay and then purchasing the separate figures is somewhat risky and somewhat of a pain in the ass.

Pasquale

PS: When I bought my swerves, they were shelf warmers, so collectors weren't the problem, it was people not buying the figure and then later deciding they wanted it after it were long gone from circulation.

wholy crap! you have one heck of a Uni. Ramjet fetish going on but thats cool.

If I had an extra Camshaft I would trade you straight up since I already have Swerve (paid $21.78 for him). Most likely I would end up selling Swerve at my normal price but thats me.

If I find and extra Camshaft I'll pm you.

Personally I wouldn't put Swerve in the same class as N.Prime but thats me again.

I wonder if people will pass on the repaints of Frenzy, Rumble, Eject, Rewind, Ravage and SteelJaw when they come out?

I have 1 RHD Silverstreak

I need to get him again :redface

swerve is a neat alt... but he is nowhere near the coolness of a NP... swerve might be worth that to some, but to teh general fans, swerve is a 3rd string repaint. Heck, I recently repainted a swerve white...

I would however give $35 for another swerve since I only have one and would like another for MISB... (the one i have is the proto though, the one that has the purple bot logo).

Archived