How many BW Optimus and Megatron toys are out?

Bizzmoff

I got the BW 10th Primal and Megatron sets (with the mini ships) yesterday for $15 each. I saw the TRU two pack for $40 and I know that they are releasing Cybertron Deluxe packaged Prime and Megatron. Isn't there another set coming out? I know Primal is different toys in the TRU vs pack but why all the Beast Wars toys of the same characters? Did I miss any others?

As far as Primal and BW Megatron, that's it for current releases. The Cybertron releases are actually meant to be Jungle Planet mutations of Cybertron Optimus and Megatron, and not their BW counterparts. If you're counting the Titanium series,that's three more, including the not-yet-released Optimal Optimus.

Here's a comprehensive list, though:

Bat Optimus Primal (Basic flipchanger, sold in two-pack with basic Megatron)

Alligator Megatron (Basic flipchanger, sold in two-pack with basic Optimus Primal)

Gorilla Optimus Primal (Ultra)

BW Microverse Optimus Primal (a mini-figurine from the short-lived Microverse playset line, came with Orcanoch. Despite colours, based off of the Basic bat iteration)

BW Microverse Megatron (a mini-figurine from the short-lived Microverse playset line, came with Arachnid. Based off the basic alligator Megatron)

T-Rex Megatron (Ultra)

Transmetal Optimus Primal (Mega - slight colour variations exist in the chrome)

Transmetal Megatron (Mega - slight colour variations exist in the chrome)

Optimal Optimus (the first "Super" class figure, larger than Ultra)

Transmetal 2 Dragon Megatron

Beast Machines Optimus Primal (Deluxe)

Beast Machines Megatron (Mega)

BM Blast Punch Optimus Primal (Mega)

RiD Air Attack Optimus Primal (Supreme - released during RiD, but clearly a pushed-back Beast Machines toy)

RiD Megatron Megabolt (Deluxe - released during RiD, but clearly a pushed-back Beast Machines toy)

Universe Optimus Primal (repaint of original Ultra Primal, story places him post-Beast Machines)

BW10th Anniversary Optimus Primal (new-mold Cybertron-style deluxe)

BW10th Anniversary Megatron (new-mold Cybertron-style deluxe)

BW10th Anniversary TRU exclusive giftset (remolds/repaints of original Ultra Optimus Primal and Megatron, a domestic release of Takara's commemorative Beast Wars Reborn giftset figures)

3" Titanium Optimus Primal

3" Titanium Megatron

6" Transforming Titanium Optimus Primal (upcoming)

As for why all the current iterations of the same characters, it's Beast Wars' 10th Anniversary year. Hasbro's original plan was just to commemorate that with a bunch of show-accurate repaints of the older deluxe figures, to be capped off with the new-mold Optimus and Megatron. Then Takara went and made their Beast Wars Reborn giftset, and fan demand for that made Hasbro decide to release those molds domestically as well.

Don't forget the Armada remold of TM Megs... "Predacon," or whatever dumbass name they called that POS.

Edit: I think there was also a repaint of Megabolt.

They need to reissue the season 3 Dragon Megatron - I never bought him. The Beast Machines (Dragon) Megatron toy almost stopped me from getting back into Transformers after I got him. Man did that mold suck :tdown

Don't forget the Armada remold of TM Megs... "Predacon," or whatever dumbass name they called that POS.

Edit: I think there was also a repaint of Megabolt.

They need to reissue the season 3 Dragon Megatron - I never bought him. The Beast Machines (Dragon) Megatron toy almost stopped me from getting back into Transformers after I got him. Man did that mold suck :tdown

i loved housecoat megs.

although some were missed:

t-wrecks: bm dinobots line (repaint of ultra dino megs)

primal prime: bm (repaint of opop)

apelinque: botcon (repaint of tm primal)

onxy primal: botcon (repaint of bat primal)

cryotek: rid (repaint of dragon tm2 megs)

megabolt: same one released in rid, only in armadaish packaging and in oddly tan and green colors

bm primal and megs from mcd's happy meals

Archived