Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Transformers The Movie and Michael Bay Haters Thread

Recommended Posts

  • Author
As soon as I hear a decent reason why people hate Bay's Transformers I'll accept it (or if the movie does suck when it comes out I'll take it all abck).

BTW: "ITS NOT GEEWUN, ZOMFG!!!!" is not a valid reason.

These forums are not a pissing contest freind. Its pointless to argue with another person over their particular feelings or opinions on a matter. Mind you, a good healthy debate never hurt anyone. :thumb

 

Since you asked, I'll give you a decent reason. Wether you agree or disagree is your choice. I believe, for all the changes the movie aims to make, it has stayed too close to the original G1 story. My fingers are tired. I've posted the rest here if you care to read the reasoning behind my opinions. http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=51957

As soon as I hear a decent reason why people hate Bay's Transformers I'll accept it (or if the movie does suck when it comes out I'll take it all abck).

BTW: "ITS NOT GEEWUN, ZOMFG!!!!" is not a valid reason.

These forums are not a pissing contest freind. Its pointless to argue with another person over their particular feelings or opinions on a matter. Mind you, a good healthy debate never hurt anyone. :thumb

 

Since you asked, I'll give you a decent reason. Wether you agree or disagree is your choice. I believe, for all the changes the movie aims to make, it has stayed too close to the original G1 story. My fingers are tired. I've posted the rest here if you care to read the reasoning behind my opinions. http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=51957

 

In the same breath you say they stay too close and they go too far.

 

But this movie only seems to be staying as close as all the other reboots have: RID and A/E/C are all about Optimus and Megatron leading teams to Earth in a quest to take/protect energy/power.

 

You even have some of the same design change/name use problems in RID. How do these:

 

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Prowl/prowl.htm

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Predacon/Megatron/megatron.htm

 

look more like these:

 

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Autobot/Prowl/prowl.htm

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Megatron/megatron.htm

 

then when you compare the new Starscream to this:

 

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Starsc.../starscream.htm

 

And when you answer that question keep in mind that we haven't even seen a final SS for comparison. The truth is, we haven't seen anything yet that suggests a weirder or more extreme change in a character's design than we've seen before. The fandom just has a tendency to overreact, and a short memory.

 

Two years from now, when we're peeping sequel designs, today's haters'll be pissing themselves with delight.

  • Author
That's very true. But surely we have no right to attack a director's creative vision purely because it doesn't conform exactly to a cartoon series we watched as kids?

 

Finally, we are getting down to some truth here. You are absolutely correct in your assessment of this movie being one man's (and a huge production team's) creative vision. Some of us do not agree with this man's vision. I have a hard time believing Bay knew anything about the TFs before being handed this project. Does the man make a great, well written, action film? You bet. "The Island" was an action packed and intelligent film. I have complete faith that the Transformers movie will also be an action packed and intelligent movie.

 

That being said, I can't help wondering what the movie would have been like under a different director's vision. Speilberg claims to be a fan of the classic TFs and has admitted to sneaking around to buy the toys as an adult. I can't help but wonder what this movie would have been like under his direction.

 

The die have been cast. No matter how much we approve or disapprove, Bay is getting his way with the TFs. I'm sure we'll all be having this discussion again in 2007. :roll Can't wait.

Some of us do not agree with this man's vision.

 

 

NONE of us have seen this man's vision yet. Gah. :roll

 

And while I don't doubt Speilberg's love for the franchise, he's Executive Producing the film. If anything were going on he disagreed with, it wouldn't be happening.

  • Author

As soon as I hear a decent reason why people hate Bay's Transformers I'll accept it (or if the movie does suck when it comes out I'll take it all abck).

BTW: "ITS NOT GEEWUN, ZOMFG!!!!" is not a valid reason.

These forums are not a pissing contest freind. Its pointless to argue with another person over their particular feelings or opinions on a matter. Mind you, a good healthy debate never hurt anyone. :thumb

 

Since you asked, I'll give you a decent reason. Wether you agree or disagree is your choice. I believe, for all the changes the movie aims to make, it has stayed too close to the original G1 story. My fingers are tired. I've posted the rest here if you care to read the reasoning behind my opinions. http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=51957

 

In the same breath you say they stay too close and they go too far.

 

But this movie only seems to be staying as close as all the other reboots have: RID and A/E/C are all about Optimus and Megatron leading teams to Earth in a quest to take/protect energy/power.

 

You even have some of the same design change/name use problems in RID. How do these:

 

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Prowl/prowl.htm

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Predacon/Megatron/megatron.htm

 

look more like these:

 

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Autobot/Prowl/prowl.htm

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Megatron/megatron.htm

 

then when you compare the new Starscream to this:

 

http://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Starsc.../starscream.htm

 

And when you answer that question keep in mind that we haven't even seen a final SS for comparison. The truth is, we haven't seen anything yet that suggests a weirder or more extreme change in a character's design than we've seen before. The fandom just has a tendency to overreact, and a short memory.

 

Two years from now, when we're peeping sequel designs, today's haters'll be pissing themselves with delight.

I agree with many of your points. I don't know if there was a question in there, but I do see the conundrum you are alluding to. I see that, other than rehashing names and good vs. evil archetypes, none of these series have much in common at all. In my opinion, I don't think the TF series should have kept building upon the earlier generations. Like making a copy of a copy of a copy, the newer series have suffered from unoriginality and trying to live up to a classic. The only truly common thread left is that every series is about vehicles and objects transforming into robots. I guess, I want them to "Blot, or get off the pot" with this movie. Give us a more faithful movie of the classic story, or give us something completely original.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.