Alt. Prime / Alt. Nemesis Prime

Devil Mazinkaiser

I tell ya, those Testor's brand paint markers are awesome for painting TF's. Just paint, give it about 5 minutes, and use a toothpick to trim off the excess.

Works every time! :thumb

I didn't know testors makes a marker. Where can you get them?

Yeah I want get some too! :eek

Nice work by the way

Wow - thanks guys!

Especially coming from you superquad - you are like the repaint king and stuff - :thumb

Testors paint markers can be found at Wal Mart in the hobby aisle. They look like permanent markers, but have a thick, almost paintbrush like tips. They work wonders - no streaks, and a glossy finish!

Tip: because the tips are wide enough to prohibit fine detail work, keep a toothpick handy to edge around the corners if there is some excess... it comes right off. Don't wait too long to do the edge work, after about 5 minutes it dries completely.

Wow - thanks guys!

Especially coming from you superquad - you are like the repaint king and stuff - :thumb

Testors paint markers can be found at Wal Mart in the hobby aisle. They look like permanent markers, but have a thick, almost paintbrush like tips. They work wonders - no streaks, and a glossy finish!

*snip*

I just wanted to say "wow." I'm really humbled that you think of me that way. I just give props to everyone I see on these forums because we all just want our own really cool TFs . . . our way. :)

In terms of markers, I've been trying different ones and so far I've pretty much liked em all. Krylon makes a gold marker I love, but I haven't seen a silver one by them. Sharpie makes both colors (silver/gold) and I love those too. Rose Art markers are popular and they work well also. I haven't tried the Testors, but I'd imagine they'd be about the same. The only think I've found is that they each have a different hue of silver or gold (as in the inks don't match up), so just be discerning. ;)

But, like you, I LOVE the results with them!

Archived