The difference between France, Italy and Japan?

Tripredacus

Is there any information about the differences between French and Japanese Diaclone, as well as Italian Trasformer?

I have a Diaclone New Countach LP500S Police Type, but I do not know if it is the Japanese or Italian version.

I think I read someplace that some have different stickers.

Any ideas?

Honestly, I do not think there is any difference, cept lack of Driver and probably has Bopper missiles. 

The Red TraS Tracks I have is the same as the Diaclone version, cept those 2 factors.  Same stickers and all. 

I think there are some sticker variants for other toys, such as the Prowl with Diaclone on the hood, but not anywhere else on the car. 

I think this is the reason why some pure Diaclone collectors HATE the TraS, cept for the box there isn't any difference. 

If someone figured one out, I'd like to see a side by side. 

I do have one oddity, come to think of it.  Its a G1 Jazz I got from a lot from Italy many years ago.  It is the standard G1 version, except the windshield has the G2 like support. 

Usually the copyright is different.

This includes diaclone tracks VS. GIG tracks. However there are exceptions... The black tracks from Finland sports the same tm as diaclone tracks since it was produced from the same mold before the GIG tracks.

IIRC without digging out my own toys, the diaclone police car has only Takara Japan on the waist, where the GIG version has a date added. You can always try checking:

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/eurous_frame.php?art=mb

I use to have all this info in my head like the back of my hand, but since I've never really bought anything new for years..... I don't look at my collection much nor enter into these discussions which I've beaten half to death already.

I think Maz has more energy for it than I do now.

Most of the times the Joustra and GIG line will show similaritys to first run hasbro molds with the exception of having Hasbro in the copyright.

The one toy that comes to mind that didn't change until reaching the TF line would be Powered convoy. With the exception of the GIG red cab prime, the diaclone powered convoy, the GIG and Joustra powered convoy have the same mold and copyright. Mind you, i haven't had a GIG powered convoy to examine personally, I can only assume it to be the same from what I've seen on the web, and the fact that my Joustra is the same as the diaclone version. Besides, the DX set was made at the beginning of '85 and it is the same mold as the original from the line. In that set, molds of mirage and sideswipe have already been updated to what was being used in the TF line in the US.

Thanks.                                                  -Himawari

Honestly, I do not think there is any difference, cept lack of Driver and probably has Bopper missiles. 

The Red TraS Tracks I have is the same as the Diaclone version, cept those 2 factors.  Same stickers and all. 

I think there are some sticker variants for other toys, such as the Prowl with Diaclone on the hood, but not anywhere else on the car. 

I think this is the reason why some pure Diaclone collectors HATE the TraS, cept for the box there isn't any difference. 

If someone figured one out, I'd like to see a side by side. 

I do have one oddity, come to think of it.  Its a G1 Jazz I got from a lot from Italy many years ago.  It is the standard G1 version, except the windshield has the G2 like support. 

The red TraS Tracks should also come with  ashorter-stock handgun which is black instead of long-stock dark purple/blue.

What is the copyright stamping on your red TraS Tracks?

All the best

Maz

Usually the copyright is different.

This includes diaclone tracks VS. GIG tracks. However there are exceptions... The black tracks from Finland sports the same tm as diaclone tracks since it was produced from the same mold before the GIG tracks.

IIRC without digging out my own toys, the diaclone police car has only Takara Japan on the waist, where the GIG version has a date added. You can always try checking:

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/eurous_frame.php?art=mb

IThanks.                                                  -Himawari

Here actually:

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/pretf_frame.php?art=policeswipe

:)

I'll never forget how much I laboured the existence of an Italian Police Swipe until one actually showed up in a GiG box, even after I'd spotted the copyright difference.

All the best

Maz

I look at the pics and I swear mine has a different sticker on the hood than both the 2 versions listed there. I know it isn't Clamp Down either since I got it back in 99. I will go try to dig it out and re-compare.

EDIT: I checked mine. The reason I thought the stickers were different was because 2 of the 3 logo stickers on mine as worn off. By checking the stamping on the plastic below the lightbar, I was able to determine that mine is the Italian version.

Archived