Botcon Exclusive Dinobot Revealed

AutobotMaximal

I just hope that this doesnt count as our second head retool becuse its technially cheating us if they do.  Dont get me wrong i love the idea but its not much of a retool when all the have to do is swap out the current tooling(long rack) for one that wasnt spefically created for the con but rather and older line(armada)

i really want a descent hommage to BW megs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its an easy choice but the mold is just not right for him maybe if they just put his head on lets say inch up/dirtboss

its an easy choice but the mold is just not right for him maybe if they just put his head on lets say inch up/dirtboss

That's a good Idea. Hell, any thing is better than that mold. looks so dumb. Dinobot was a thug, criminal and master warrior on Cybertron. How the hell could he do that in that body? Not to mention the alt mode would mean he has a job on Cybertron.

That's a good Idea. Hell, any thing is better than that mold. looks so dumb. Dinobot was a thug, criminal and master warrior on Cybertron. How the hell could he do that in that body? Not to mention the alt mode would mean he has a job on Cybertron.

This point alone made me dislike this Dinobot :redface The Dirt Boss mold would've been better.

It's really not that bad. In fact, I find it funny, because when Armada Hoist came out, that's who everyone said that he should be. I still don't know why they originally decided to style the head that way, but it does make sense with this mold. Why make a new head when one is already available? And it's "technically" a different toy, because it's Cyb. Longrack's body. Another thing is, I don't see how anyone could look at that and NOT know who it is. That was one of my problems with last year's set. You could look at Dirge or whoever(except for the obvious Ironhide, Ratchet, and Deathsaurus) and say "Who the hell is that supposed to be?". I mean, Chromia looked like Moonracer. :wtf Atleast this year, there's no mistaking who these characters are. Atleast... so far.

Meh, not impressed so far with this years' set.

Just don't see pre-BW Dinobot fit this mold. It's simply wrong: Dinobot is a warrior, not a contruction worker. Think this mold would've been better used for Rhinox.

Ok. I looked at the Botcon entry form, but I've never been to any of these thing and I'm kinda confused on how much a trip to this thing is going to put me out.

I live like a hour and a half from Lexington, so I don't have to get a hotel.

The only thing I'm really interested in is getting these figs (and any other exclusive figs) and checking out any displays of future figs. (Classics, Movie figs, Cyb, whatever they bring to this sort of thing). The stuff with the voice actors and tour of the distillary and such does really do anything for me.

Also, I full plan on getting these out of the packaging, so if there's a version without special package, i'd get that one instead.

I'm not a member of any club or anything.  I'd also like to pick up a couple extra sets so I can bring them back and put them on The End Cap for my fellow TFans :thumb

I'm going to be going by myself (I don't know if that's important)

Anyway, the questions I have are:

1.  Is it even possible to leave with 2 or 3 sets?

2.  How much would this senario put me out?

3.  What day would I need to go?

Archived