Botcon 2002

Devil Mazinkaiser

Finally got around to watching the "extra footage" section on the season 2 DVD.

Saw interviews with Aaron Archer, (Hasbro) Pat Lee, (Dreamwave) and Greg Halitt. (3H Enterprises). Sad to see that 2 out of 3 companies interviewed are now bankrupt.  :roll

Anywhoo, there was also a segment interviewing TF fans at the 2002 Botcon. Did anyone from TFans.com make it on the interview? I was wondering if we had any celebrities among us.

Sorry if this is an outdated question... I joined here in 2004 and would have missed the threads regarding this. 

*remembers teh Arcee cosplay on the DVD*   :tftongue

http://www.bwtf.com/events/2k1/images/arceecostume.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mismanaging finances and being strong-armed out of business are two different things.

Which pertains to 3H?

still remembers my $30 membership which I  spent for nothing  :fire

As far as Dreamwave goes... regardless of what happened the comics PWNED all.

Mismanaging finances and being strong-armed out of business are two different things.

Which pertains to 3H?

still remembers my $30 membership which I  spent for nothing  :fire

As far as Dreamwave goes... regardless of what happened the comics PWNED all.

No they did not. In fact they sucked.

Says YOU....  :tftongue 

Dreamwave got me back into collecting again since my hiatus from GEEWON.

To each his own, but IMO the comics were awesome. Much better than that Marvel Comics stuff back in the day that made good toilet paper, if nothing else.

My 4 year old nephew during a seizure can draw better stuff.

Dreamwave was OK but they made one mistake. TOO MANY RUNS! Not talking about poo either. US Marvel/UK was better because it was 1 story, not like 6 different ones. It became too much to keep up with and I had to stop buying altogether.

You do have a point... it seemed like a new comic / different series was released all the time - it was hard to keep up with the releases.

How much is a mint condition Marvel TF number 1 worth, anyways?

1_G.jpg

You do have a point... it seemed like a new comic / different series was released all the time - it was hard to keep up with the releases.

How much is a mint condition Marvel TF number worth, anyways?

They are still quite easy to find among comic dealers. Somehow the Wizard has this insanely huge price on them but they are way to easy to find to be worth that much. I used to have 5 copies of #78 and it said it was worth $20 each at the time I bought them for about $1. They have all been released in the TPBs, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you could get the old books up to #60 for pretty cheap and then buy the last 1 or 2 TPBs because those are the harder ones to find.

Archived