Energon Arcee

Matrix Dragon

Omnicon Arcee

Vehicle Mode

Arcee's vehicle mode is a black and white racing motorcycle, with a small number of pink and red highlights. In this mode, she has no excess parts sticking out, possessing a sleek design, although the fuel tank might be a little too large. The fuel cap also doubles as the Energon Star point, with the Autobot symbol heatstamped inside. A second symbol can be seen right behind it. There is a powerlinx port located on the left undercarriage, which also works as a kickstand, preventing the bike from falling over.

The Energon weapon parts form a missile launcher that can be attached to the right undercarriage, while the other parts form a targeting scope that attaches to the powerlinx port. While the Energon parts are attached, they hold the bike level. The missile launcher is spring launched, and has a decent range.

Taking into account its small size, understandable as part of the basic price range, the bike mode has a lot of play value, and is the best bike mode TF seen in a long time. :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser out of 5.

Transformation

Detach Energon parts.

Pull windshield forward.

Flip engine and undercarriage over fuel tank, and unfold into legs and feet.

Split rear tire and rear of bike into two and fold down to form arms.

Flip forearms 180 degrees to reveal hands.

Pull head up onto shoulders.

Move front tire and windshield up into back.

Move rear fire halves up into position as you wish.

Forming Energon Longbow

Lock missile launcher and scope together, so rear sections blend together smoothly.

Attach exhaust pipes to sockets on the front of the combined launcher. Turn so they curve towards the back of the longbow.

Stretch out Arcee’s arm to the side and plug long bow into socket below her hand.

Robot Mode

As soon as you look at Arcee in her robot mode, it’s obvious that it’s a femme. Slender figure, heels, a light color scheme with touches of pink, along with the head and hands, the design is very different from any Transformer since Robots in disguise, going for the more organic style seen in the Car Brothers, although she doesn’t suffer from the old ‘shell master’ problem (Vehicle parts simply opening up to reveal the robot mode).

The fuel tank from the vehicle mode forms the chest plate, placing the Autobot symbol on the top, the energon port below her breast. The energon star does look a little awkward here, but not too much so. The head is an updated version of the G1 Arcee’s ‘Princess Leia’ head, looking a bit more stylish and dynamic. The rear wheel halves can be stored down on her back, or folded up above her shoulders, either way works.

While having rather good articulation (Eleven points) the heels on the feet, and the occasionally back-heavy design can occasionally cause problems with poses, and getting her to balance can sometimes be interesting. A notable complaint is that her elbows only fold inward, but this is an understandable limitation of the transformation, and the poses required for a weapon make up for it.

Speaking of the weapon, the sheer size of the longbow means Arcee can’t hold it out in front of her. Instead, she holds it in a side-on pose, which makes sense, as it is the best way to hold a longbow. The design of her arms allow for her to have her arm back, as if nocking an arrow or just releasing it.

A good appearance, play value and articulation, marred only by some slight balance problems. :loser :loser :loser :loser and a half out of 5

Overall

After nearly twenty years, we get an original toy of Arcee, and while it may be small, it’s the best designed motorcycle TF in a long time, and one of the best basics to appear on the shelf, even in a line where the cheap basics are usually good quality. A slight balance problem in robot mode is the only real flaw. :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser and a half out of ten.

- Matrix Dragon, who really needs a digital camera... and is being pestered by Shadow for an Arcee repaint of her... :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my only problem with her is the feet. instead of being in a normal standing position, her feet are molded in a pose the lookes like she's standing on her tip toes. even with her high heels, this pose looks a bit weird, like she's trying to keep from falling forward. so you have angle her knees strangely to let her stand up

i saw it yesterday i was tempted to buy but i had to keep the money for prowl BUT MEGS AND MIRAGE AND INSECTICON ARE COMING NOW!!!! and i have'nt gotten though the megas yet

Wha? You ditched Arcee over Prowl? Dear lord was that ever a strange decision to make... when people would probably kill to get an Arcee at this point!

Anyways, great comments, though the posing of the legs doesn't bother me as much since her knee/thigh joints allow for some flexibility in getting the high heels to flush properly with the ground. And her heels are still better (though not as sexy) as the ones on TM2 BA.

Personally, I love this toy as much as Divebomb; great sculpt, awesome personality, and it even hides the head :) it's just a shame they share the same problem... the hands. Whoo boy.

Meh, oh well.

i saw it yesterday i was tempted to buy but i had to keep the money for prowl BUT MEGS AND MIRAGE AND INSECTICON ARE COMING NOW!!!! and i have'nt gotten though the megas yet

Wha? You ditched Arcee over Prowl? Dear lord was that ever a strange decision to make... when people would probably kill to get an Arcee at this point!

No kidding.

Archived