Energon Prime Mods

Blue_Springer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did the exact same thing with the sculpy .. i also painted him to be show accurate in the earlier eps, and also painnted the innterior of his chest pannels with red and silver so they look accurate too looks good, next up is the blue...

Since the later eps have been showing him with a white chest, I think I'll be leaving that on mine. But I will be painting the insides of his Matrix cover doors, the backs of his shoulders (the exposed mech bits should be flat grey/black as per the show), and the super mode hands. And possibly the exposed matrix frames a lighter shade of silver, also like it is in the show.

Thanks for the replies on this one. :tfgrin

The downside to this mod idea was that the scuply I bought takes longer than the usual drying time.

Use a hairdrier.. works wonders on sculpy.. i painted my energon primes blues the right blue today... man oh man what a difference itt makes.... next project is building a bigger roddy although i have no idea how to lol

Use a hairdrier.. works wonders on sculpy..

No need dude, I already had the scuply on for about half a day when I posted the first thread and when I checked the head this morning underneath my desklamp (40 watt bulb), the sculpy was dry enough so I milked a Silver Gundam Marker and brushed on the color. looks just like the preapplied color so it blends perfectly. I also took my more fine tipped brush and brushed the color more into the cheeks so the face plate wraps around more. Definantly an improvement although I'm not repainting the whole bot.

Low and behold, this is the final product of my efforts. on the main body its alot better. Sad to say on the left side of the face I think I made a few scratches in the sculpy that are obvious, but maybe in the future I'll dig out that old modeler's putty and fill/sand the area down. :tfgrin

post-26-1082417303.jpg

Archived