Got GX-02 today

My Alt. Mode Sucks

MVC-471S.jpg

Oh my God, is this mold awesome. I'm glad I didn't wait. Sure, I paid $55 for it on eBay, when it could have been mine for twenty in a few months...but nah, it's Soundwave, man! SOUNDWAVE! No way I could wait. He's simply awesome. I don't really have ANY complaints about the mold...great homage, and I love Laserbeak, too, as well as the shoulder-mounted Gatling gun (another great G1 reference). Plus, I love how his left arm has a "shield" attached to it, much like his ally, Sideways. Awesome mold (now if only they announced that Soundblaster for a follow-up release to Soundwave over here!).

i didnt wait also, i got him from JRS Toyworld and he is awesome, i wonder if his US counterpart will be rare, but ive been collecting TFs these past few years, and the only figure I really had a hard time getting was Energon Ultra Magnus in the US, everything else i have find to be in bulks.

Its a great homage to Soundwave I will give you that, but I was not overly impressed with the figure as a whole.   Oh well. 

But I honestly, of the two from planet X, prefer sideways over Soundwave.  I dont know it just seems like Soundwave was a last minute addition. 

But like I said, that is just my opinion. 

Actually, I'm going to pick up a second one when he hits the US and repaint him as Soundblaster if I can (since he was a Toy Dream Project exclusive, I figure it'd save me trouble to get a second one and do my own version of SB)

He's worth the extra money. He really is. BTW...his head (in robot mode) nests down in the shoulders, not on top like you have it.

Yeah, I know...that's how the instructions show it too. =\

Saw the alternate transformation online in a pictorial, and there's little nubs where the head rests so it locks into place.

This explains why he's got such a long, wobbly neck.

Glad you like him, he frickin' rocks!

MVC-471S.jpg

Oh my God, is this mold awesome. I'm glad I didn't wait. Sure, I paid $55 for it on eBay, when it could have been mine for twenty in a few months...but nah, it's Soundwave, man! SOUNDWAVE! No way I could wait. He's simply awesome. I don't really have ANY complaints about the mold...great homage, and I love Laserbeak, too, as well as the shoulder-mounted Gatling gun (another great G1 reference). Plus, I love how his left arm has a "shield" attached to it, much like his ally, Sideways. Awesome mold (now if only they announced that Soundblaster for a follow-up release to Soundwave over here!).

Are you actually clamouring for a repaint?

MVC-471S.jpg

Are you actually clamouring for a repaint?

I would like a Blaster repaint please

He's worth the extra money. He really is. BTW...his head (in robot mode) nests down in the shoulders, not on top like you have it.

Yeah, I know...that's how the instructions show it too. =\

Saw the alternate transformation online in a pictorial, and there's little nubs where the head rests so it locks into place.

This explains why he's got such a long, wobbly neck.

Glad you like him, he frickin' rocks!

Believe it or not, I did transform him with the shorter neck. I think the angle of the pic is throwing you off:

http://www.TFormers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=599

Match the "short neck" variation up with mine, and you should see that I transformed him correctly. Sorry, my digi-cam ain't the best.

Archived