Rawhide

Which color scheme for BW Magnus  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which color scheme for BW Magnus

• White upper legs with red shoulders
    • White upper legs with blue shoulders
    • Red upper legs with red shoulders
    • Red upper legs with blue shoulders

that is the biggest effing sig in the world.

:tflaugh

*back on track*

Thats a sweet idea.  I have an junker Optimal laying around I was going to try to make into the thing Quickstrike was riding in Master Blaster,  but I like this idea too.

i'm workin' on one of these too, but mines slow go. i'm tryin' to mod the neck/gun area. i like #3. can't wait to see it.

Wonder who will have finished his first  :roll I'm a very slow worker and have so far only taken him apart and sanded some parts. Will be working on modifying the head this weekend. I will remove the current antenne and make longer rod-like, like G1 Magnus.

id stick as much to g1 color scheme as possible but anyway u go cant be wrong its ultra magnus

Which is?  :tfevil  Number 2 & 4 are both G1 colors: cartoon/comic vs toy/comic.

The toy had red legs though and I think the balance looks better that way.

Toy color accuracy and show color accuracy... I choose show color accuracy...

Problem is, Magnus is one of those TF's that I best know through the toy (maybe because neither the movie nor the third season made much of an impression). In the recent DW comics Magnus had red upper legs, and I believe this was also the case in Marvel UK comics (but I'm not totaly sure about that). You gotta love that G-1 incontinuity.

Am surprised by the diffuse voting over here. I run the same poll over at transtopia (as some of you might have seen) and the voting there is much more lineair: red legs/blue shoulder leads closely followed by white legs/blue shoulders. The other option hardly get a vote at all, if any.

my honest opinon, do what you like the most. it's your custom. you're making it for you, so screw everyone else. it's nice to have their opinion, but do it for you, not cause everone will like it. i think it'll be cool if you use the red legs.

i think if you use 1 or 2 the balance will be thrown off. too much white making the bottom distracting. unless you find some way to brake it up.

mine is no where close to being finished, plus the fact i have so many projects going right now at once it'll probably be 3 or 4 months before i get him done.

my honest opinon, do what you like the most. it's your custom. you're making it for you, so screw everyone else. it's nice to have their opinion, but do it for you, not cause everone will like it. i think it'll be cool if you use the red legs.

i think if you use 1 or 2 the balance will be thrown off. too much white making the bottom distracting. unless you find some way to brake it up.

mine is no where close to being finished, plus the fact i have so many projects going right now at once it'll probably be 3 or 4 months before i get him done.

Still not so sure who'll finish first  :roll

I personally agree with you. I think there will be too much white and the red makes him look more like Magnus. Furthermore, he only has white legs in the movie and the cartoon, while DW and Marvel UK gave him red upper legs (so he's more often and longer seen with red than white). Red legs could therefor be considered more accurate.

To be very honest, I don't believe in democracy  :tfevil I will make this one exactly how I feel like, but I will use the results of these two polls (transtopia and here) in secure my decision, but the decision will be MINE. (Fortunately, both here and at Transtopia the favor is going for the red legs/blue shoulders, which also happens to be my favorite.)

Btw STPrime, I'm very interested in how you plan to mod the neck/gun area? Will it be more show accurate?

Archived