20% Off Energon at Kaybee Store Closings

Silverbolt

Kaybee Toys, a staple in many a mall across America, filed for bankruptcy earlier in January. All stores nationwide are involved in a liquidation process! Everything must go! As of 1/31/04 only 20% is being offered on all Transformer Armada & Energon figures. The stores I've visited in the Central NY area, still have a good selection of Energon figures, though albeit a bit pricey even after the 20%. I'm sure that within the next few weeks the percentage will be greater, so bide your time, and get that Unicron or Optimus Prime at 40-50% off!

Read the Full News Story Here

Can't say I'm terribly surprised about KB's situation. They haven't been delivering at all over the past few years, and their prices have been terrible. Even at 20% off they'll still probably be higher than other places. However, if the prices do drop as low as 50% I might be checking out the local KB just for the heck of it.

Cactusboy00

I haven't decided if the Gen-1 Spychangers are really worth me getting. Since I don't have a Kaybee here I have to get someone to get them for me...

20% off is actually surprising, I thought it would have been more in the range of, oh let's say, 30% ! I mean this is a store closing sale we are talking about here ! 20% off seems just a wee bit stingy to me. :redface

• 9 months later...

C'mon guys, dont you remember when you where younger and KB was strong and vital. Lets face it all, there aren't that many well known toy chains around, only one left I think is Toys R Us.

Remember.....Playco. :tfsad

I loved that store, they where the only people to get the machine wars toys and when they where gone Save A'lot got the Prime figure.

I think that in a year or two Toys R Us will end up with the same fate, I mean their prices are outragous!!!!! :grr

The only chains left that carry toys generally (not talking about mom and pop type stores or internet stores), ones that we can go visit in person are:

Target

Walmart

K Mart

Toys R Us

Stores like Playco. and KB are/where the kinds of stores where you could find out of production stuff and rare gems, not to mention when they had sales they where great.

Toys R Us used to be like the above and I hope they become so again!

What is the fate of beloved stores that remain?

Only time will tell....

before kaybee came to the killeen mall, when i was little we had circus world, we also had this cool arcade call powerplay, but tilt put them out. i really miss powerplay i beat many a older people when i was a kid at street fighter, almost got my dad into a fight because i beat this grown man so bad :tflaugh anyway it seems like everything is dying, soon it will only be wally and target, and heb because they go into the areas that the other 2 won't, those are going to be the only 3 stores alive.

C'mon guys, dont you remember when you where younger and KB was strong and vital. Lets face it all, there aren't that many well known toy chains around, only one left I think is Toys R Us.

Remember.....Playco. :tfsad

I loved that store, they where the only people to get the machine wars toys and when they where gone Save A'lot got the Prime figure.

I think that in a year or two Toys R Us will end up with the same fate, I mean their prices are outragous!!!!! :grr

The only chains left that carry toys generally (not talking about mom and pop type stores or internet stores), ones that we can go visit in person are:

Target

Walmart

K Mart

Toys R Us

Stores like Playco. and KB are/where the kinds of stores where you could find out of production stuff and rare gems, not to mention when they had sales they where great.

Only time will tell....

Toys R Us has done a great deal in the last year. They've marked their items to be VERY close to what Wal-Mart and Target have their items marked at.

I'm hoping that Target buys TRU. They could really get more people to the stores by advertising and having the prices low. But it's a long shot wish.

C'mon guys, dont you remember when you where younger and KB was strong and vital. Lets face it all, there aren't that many well known toy chains around, only one left  I think is Toys R Us.

Remember.....Playco.  :tfsad

I think that in a year or two Toys R Us will end up with the same fate, I mean their prices are outragous!!!!!  :grr

Target

Walmart

K Mart

Toys R Us

Only time will tell....

Toys R Us has done a great deal in the last year. They've marked their items to be VERY close to what Wal-Mart and Target have their items marked at.

I'm hoping that Target buys TRU. They could really get more people to the stores by advertising and having the prices low. But it's a long shot wish.

that is not that much of a long shot,

target is owned by the company that owns daytons, marshall fields and a cuple of others, it could happen.

the funny thing is that when I was a kid there were just indy or small regional toy stores, and they got murdered by kb and tru, now wallycron is consuming them, and small stores are coming back

C'mon guys, dont you remember when you where younger and KB was strong and vital. Lets face it all, there aren't that many well known toy chains around, only one left  I think is Toys R Us.

Remember.....Playco.   :tfsad

I think that in a year or two Toys R Us will end up with the same fate, I mean their prices are outragous!!!!!  :grr

Target

Walmart

K Mart

Toys R Us

Only time will tell....

that is not that much of a long shot,

target is owned by the company that owns daytons, marshall fields and a cuple of others, it could happen.

the funny thing is that when I was a kid there were just indy or small regional toy stores, and they got murdered by kb and tru, now wallycron is consuming them, and small stores are coming back

Actually, the Dayton's Company changed their name to Target Corporation like 10 years ago, and Target Corp. just sold their Marshall Field's and Mervyn's department stores. They have the money, but whether they use it to buy TRU or something else, ie Zellers in Canda, is still up the in the air.

I'm in Minnesota, so I know all about the Dayton's/Marshall Field's/Mervyn's/Target thing. :D

Archived