3H Productions, Inc. (Transformers Fan Club)

Devil Mazinkaiser

Hi everyone!

I recently received a bankruptcy notice from the United States Bankruptcy Court regarding 3H Productions, Inc. This company was the mastermind behind the prior Transformers Collecters Club.

I was promised 4 quarterly club magazines - I received one.  :wtf

I was promised some type of membership kit as well - I received nothing.  :tfmad

Finally, the real reason I joined... a Legends of Cybertron Skywarp PVC figure that also never arrived.  :fire

I placed a call to the trustee attorney handling the case and left a voicemail for his paralegal to contact me.

Should I file a complaint with the attorney, citing reasons of non-delivered services for my money spent? Or should I write off the membership dues to some obscure charity?

-Joe

cold but i would go for legal action myself if i had grounds to do so! if giving to a Charity make sure it is a Well Respected Organization

if it's a fan club you'll most likely find that upon bvankruptcy, all previous pomised items (mags, toys, kits, whatever) are usualy null and void. I'm not6 a legal person, just stating what I've seen in other areas.

That would make sense... it just burns me that someone can take money in for a service, then turn around and declare bankruptcy to avoid responsibility. It almost seems like a legal form of theft to me.  :tfpuke

But whatever... I already have a call pending to the paralegal. I will let you know what she says when she calls me back.

This is the main reason why I didn't join the new club. You never know what yahoo will claim that he is a legitimate business and steal your money.

i didn't join the new club because it costs and arm and a leg for nothing but an exlcusive toy and a crap mag

From what I read, because I got a few letters about it, you would actually have to show up in New York for the proceedings. You can't just have your name added to the list. Unfortunately, it would seem we're just going to have to count our losses.

I understand... thanks for the input.

Yeah, I remember seeing something about this posted awhile back, but I didn't know if anyone actually tried to push it at all.

I have been playing phone tag all day with this paralegal as well.

$40 is not THAT MUCH money... but it is two new alternators, or something that I could have really enjoyed.

Ah well.... *getting over it*  :thumb

I understand... thanks for the input.

Yeah, I remember seeing something about this posted awhile back, but I didn't know if anyone actually tried to push it at all.

I have been playing phone tag all day with this paralegal as well.

$40 is not THAT MUCH money... but it is two new alternators, or something that I could have really enjoyed.

Ah well.... *getting over it*  :thumb

I know what you mean. I was a club member and I never got 2 of my comics from the con either. There was supposed to be a comic with Sentinel Maximus and since I got two, I was supposed to get double the comic. Nope.

Archived