Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Optimus Prime

Recommended Posts

I know a similar post was made about this a while back but I'd like to post something about it again. After I finally got my 20th prime after a ton of searching I got to thinking about growing up idolizing and pretty much worshiping Optimus Prime, yes I know it's a cartoon but when I was younger I wished I could be an actual transfomer sometimes (I had a very vivid imagination) and I always wished I could be Optimus Prime. I just think he's the greatest because of his G1 persona and the way he came across. He was so human even though he was made of machinery.

 

I never had any of the other G1 characters come across like that with me. I also remember being absolutely heartbroken when he died in the movie, that was a very depressing moment for me because my boyhood hero was dead. I also remember being extremely excited and happy when they brought him back in season 4.

 

Anyone else grow up pretty much idolizing Optimus Prime and if so what made him such a memorable character to you.

I grew up with Primal.

 

He didn't come across as a real big hero.. More of a "Wow, it's a monkey and a robot, I love you Primal!!" kinda thing. ;)

I really hate to say this because it's the kind of thing that may get m kicked off the boards, but I also had a prob with prime's death but not in the same way, I always wondered how it was that after the Ark crashed and the bots and cons were shattered to bits and pieces that they could die so easily in the film. I mean Prime has been in worse shape than he was after that battle :tfmad THe same could aslo be said for Prowl who dies so quickly, that was always one of my biggest problems with the movei (once a critic always a critic I guess) On another note however backlash from killing Prime is why DUke did not die in the GI Joe movie, they had originally planned to rpelace him (maybe even with Falcon just like Rodimus became Prime's replacement) however the negative backlash from prime's death made them re think this story line putting duke into a coma for the length of the movie instead.

Well Wraithlord, if you watched the cartoons any you would know that everyone is a horrible shot, and could not hit the broad side of a barn. I mean lasers going off everywhere and nothing getting hit but scenery. The golden lagoon is the only time we really see lasers hit anyone, and of course it does no good. So as far as prowls death in the movie, this may have been one of the only times that he actually got hit by a laser and maybe he is not so tuff after all.

 

As for the crashed ARK, no idea, especially since the junkions were able to reasemble Magnus on their planet when Galvatron blew him up.

 

I believe its just inconsistancies in the story line.

Alpha like you I grew up idolizing Optimus Prime. He was my hero and is still to this very day. He was what every leader should be and then some. The main reason why I disliked Transformers The Movie is because they killed off Prime in the very beginning. I have to say that YES I did cry when I saw that. But thank god there was a backlash from fans after that because Prime did come back so all was well in the TF world for me. I realize that we do need knew charachters in the TF storyline but you dont kill off an Autobot like Prime who holds a god like status to alot of people. My young nephew came over the other night and spotted my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime and wents nuts saying "Oh my god thats Optimus Prime!", "Daddy thats my hero". He wanted me to give it to him but I said no, he begged for it for what seemed like hours but I just couldnt do it. Everyone from the young to the old knows who Optimus Prime is. Its just too bad the leaders for nations in the world arent more like Prime, if they were the world would be a better place.

 

 

:usa

I grew up liking Optimus Prime, but the one who I idolized as a kid was Starscream. He was just fun to watch. I remember in the movie I was so happy when he finally became leader, to only be heartbroken when he died about 2 minutes afterwards. :tfsad

i felt the same way about prime & star. but what was also hurtful for me to see was when arcee pulling wheeljacks lifeless body in the room. that hurt alot. i was glad no dinobots got killed. i grew up with G1 but didn't see the movie till bout 98. it was real hard seeing a new leader & not knowing what happend to the old cast. but you do know that prime

got killed again in headmasters. that one wasn't as bad as the movie.

During S1 and S2 both sides were REALLY hurting for energon. At the time of the movie the Decpeticons seemed to have the upper hand, thus they probably had more energon. When the Shuttle was attacked the Decepticons where probably overflowing with energon. It is possible that Prowl and the others (Although Ratched and Ironhide got seriously Powerglideed up) could have been repaired had the they probably not been in the shuttle when it crashed and left there until whenever the Autobots could recover there bodies. Prime got one hell of an ass beating. He got knocked around, had his gut cut open, had a shard of metal or something thrown into it, gots shot in the stomache, chest , and face. Thats a hell of a lot of damage to tack, not to mention the barrage of blaster fire he took when running down the other Decepticons. Last but not least there where not medic/mechanics at Autobot city, Percepter was apparently the best they had. As for Magnus being repaired by the Junkions, he really was not damaged. If you look at him he doesn't really have any penetration into his body, he just kinda fell about, none of his primary systems, laser core etc would have taken any damage.

I always liked Prime because he was so all-american. The colors, the fact that he's a semi truck, the unflagging courage and heroism, the compassonate leadership, all of those things represent the ideals of the USA. If we actually fufill those ideals or not is matter of debate, but Prime is an icon of everything we hold dear, and I think that's why we love him so much.

I always liked Prime because he was so all-american. The colors, the fact that he's a semi truck, the unflagging courage and heroism, the compassonate leadership, all of those things represent the ideals of the USA. If we actually fufill those ideals or not is matter of debate, but Prime is an icon of everything we hold dear, and I think that's why we love him so much.

WOW, I was telling my girlfriend last nite that Prime was the Martin Luther King Jr. of TFs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.