Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Now That Dreamwave Have Gone Bankrupt..

Recommended Posts

Does this mean bad news for our beloved TF? Does this mean that the popularity of the TF line is dying off again? It makes me wonder. Lately after visting my local Walmart and Target I've seen alot of TF just sitting on the shelves collecting dust and not selling, I've even seen it happening at TRU. The sales clerk at TRU said that TF sales have dropped way off and this worries me. And then seeing Dreamwave going bankrupt worries me even more! Whats the deal? Anyone have any ideas? I know that the Alt/BT line is still selling well from what I heard but not in big numbers like before. Maybe I'm just getting parinoid I dont know. But things dont look too good right now in my book. I maybe wrong and hopefully I am.

 

 

 

 

:usa

No, Hasbro and Takara have far too much invested in Transformers for them to shelve it.

 

What they might end up doing to boost sales however could be somewhat distrubing......

One thing I would say is hurting the sales is the fact that the show isn't in a stable time slot. And the show is basically a big commercial that gets little kids too interested in the toys. Since they can't watch the cartoon on a regular basis they lose interest in the toys. This is just my theory anyway.

I think the (unstable) time slot plays and important part, but also the cartoon itself. I haven't seen much Energon, but what I did see was terrible. While I understand some people like it, I think they are the minority. Kids won't buy toys for a show they don't like.

I agree Shadow ES.

 

I heard that one of the reasons Dreamwave went under was due to a lawsuit, anyway it sounds like there's hope of another company picking up the comic line.

Personally, I think GF / Cybertron is pretty amazing. I'm liking the toys more than I like Alternators right now. I think good toys will sell themselves, but I could be too optimistic.

Personally, I think GF / Cybertron is pretty amazing. I'm liking the toys more than I like Alternators right now. I think good toys will sell themselves, but I could be too optimistic.

Not in today's world. If kids don't have any idea from what TV show or movie a toy comes from, they won't buy it. That's why a lot of crap out there that sell better than cool-looking, high quality toys, because they're advertised through their own cartoons. The fact that video games and other forms of interactive entertainment are extremely popular is a huge factor as well.

Very true. Back in the day when I was little when I played w/ TF's daily I had serious battles bots died, now I see kids today playing with TFs, doing stupid things like shooting their own teammates in the butt (just like Demolisher, Snowcat, and Ironhide in the show)

Yeah, I know; it's the same reality that made Legos start making action figures. Certainly I've been around that block enough times with video games - a license title or a franchise, no matter how awful, will still always outsell something original. Still, a geek can dream the world is a meritocracy, can't he? ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.