Sunstreaker! NOW Get THA GUN !

Ej8

Now why has the so called ALT. Sunstreaker end up being the first Decepticon called Dead End? I will not take this anymore I need to get into direct contact with Hasbro and Takara. Hasbro will not make a figure without Takara how silly of me to even think to agree with that. No Gen 1 re issue and no damn Alt/Binal-Tech. They won't even turn Tracks blue :tfgrin

Now why has the so called ALT. Sunstreaker end up being the first Decepticon called Dead End? I will not take this anymore I need to get into direct contact with Hasbro and Takara. Hasbro will not make a figure  without Takara how silly of me to even think to agree with that. No Gen 1 re issue and no damn Alt/Binal-Tech. They won't even turn Tracks blue  :tfgrin

This should prob be in TF Discussion or Toy Discussion

First off, Sunstreaker was never officially in existance. He was never shown at any toy shows, previewed on Hasbro or Takara's websites. All it was was an unpainted unnamed proto that everyone assumed was Sunstreaker based on the head mold. So NOTHING was taken away.....and who's to say he's not gonna be released just because Dead End was shown? Hasbro has said Alts would recieve several repaints so its very possible Sunstreaker is in devolpment and will be released later when he won't be on the shelves the same time as Tracks. Just have patience :thumb

Of course Hasbro will make figures without Takara. They're not binded to each other.

Don't expect Takara to follow suit with Decepticon Alts, BinalTech's storyline at this moment wouldn't allow it and villian figures don't sell in Japan anyway....

Tracks being yellow is probably the result of Chevy as the car companies have a substanial say in what goes in Alts/BT. Think about it, this is a collector's line, don't you think if Tracks could be blue they would have done it in a heartbeat? Blue Tracks = More $$$$$$$

Because for whatever reason, Tracks is yellow. So they couldn't have released another Alternator at the same time in the same colors. They couldn't have given the name Sunstreaker to Tracks because Orson wanted Tracks to be a Corvette.

Hasbro said they will heavily retool Autobots into Decepticons for Alternators. To avoid any more retooling, they made Dead End look like Sunstreaker. When Tracks is off the shelves, I suspect they will release a Sunstreaker then who will be a yellow repaint of Dead End. This way, Hasbro will get to squeeze three characters out of basically one mold.

Decepticon Alternators will not be in any way related to the G1 Decepticons of the same name. They are just retooled Autobots after all. But Hasbro will be given more freedom to do as they wish with the color schemes for them. The fact that Dead End does not resemble his G1 figure at all is irrelevant. It's still a cool toy.

If you have patience, don't get Dead End and wait to see when Sunstreaker is released. If you don't like Dead End for looking like Sunstreaker then just pretend Dead End doesn't exist and continue waiting for Sunstreaker.

I also expect that the reason why Tracks is yellow and why Dead End looks like Sunstreaker will be officially known in the next Hasbro Q&A.

Dude, Im thinking "have no fear", because if you remember the prototype shown on here, he has an Autobot symbol. Now, why theyre showing Dead End first, I dont know although the guy who mentioned not introducing 2 yellow characters makes sense. And he's right, with the 86-ing of most of the white, Tracks looks downright cool. No, it isnt blue like the original, but then Smokescreen isnt anything like his original color either. And I'd be jumping for joy even more if Hound would have been something other than dark green.

Yeah, I don't really care about the colors...except on Tracks. Tracks just isn't yellow. I mean he could have been any number of colors, but not yellow, seriously. Oh well...

I'm pretty sure Binaltech and Alternators have the same storyline, so that doesn't matter.

THe idea that either Takara or Hasbro (who are heavily dependent on Takara's licencing agreements and mould designs) had a free hand as regards colour, car models etc. without the meddling of the car companies whose machines have been licensed is an unfair one.

Apparently the Corvettes being sold today generally feature either red or yellow and it seems that TakHas have been.... obliged to go with a certain colour for the car.

This kind of issue is similar to the reasons I posted in a separate thread about BT/Alt in general, that the only ones around at the moment who can spread the word about the line in the absence of a TV or magazine ad campaign, us the transfans, are too busy pretending that Hasbro and Takara decided to make Tracks yellow cause they thought the character was kinda fruity anyway....

Besides, nothing's stopping you respraying the body (or hiring someone to do it for you) into any colour you see fit.

Gary

I'm guessing (big time) the decision came between releasing yet another autobot viper, or the first ever decepticon alternator. Seeing as the announced models were nothing but autobots, getting a decepticon was overdue. I may not agree at how it was done but here he comes and no one is forcing anybody to buy it. The alternator line doesn't end with DeadEnd. I'm sure more are coming.

Archived