Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello all (and opinions on Binaltech/Alternators)

Recommended Posts

Binaltech/Alternator is the only Transformer line from which I will buy each and every released figure. Some even twice or thrice for planned repaint.

 

Initially, I wanted to get the entire line from Japan, but recently I've decided to switch to the American Alternator line. They won't be as pretty as the Binaltech figures (paint simply looks better than colored plastic), but they will be affordable and the price difference is simply too large ($ 30 per figure, at least ten figures makes a price difference of at least $ 300).

 

Besides, I was really dissapointed to see how easily the paint chipped. (I opened Lambor's hood only once and closed it very gentle, but it was enough: when metal comes in contact with metal, the paint simply chips.

 

But a great line! :clap

Binaltech/Alternator is the only Transformer line from which I will buy each and every released figure. Some even twice or thrice for planned repaint.

 

Initially, I wanted to get the entire line from Japan, but recently I've decided to switch to the American Alternator line. They won't be as pretty as the Binaltech figures (paint simply looks better than colored plastic), but they will be affordable and the price difference is simply too large ($ 30 per figure, at least ten figures makes a price difference of at least $ 300).

 

Besides, I was really dissapointed to see how easily the paint chipped. (I opened Lambor's hood only once and closed it very gentle, but it was enough: when metal comes in contact with metal, the paint simply chips.

 

But a great line! :clap

Thats way im sticking to alternators.

To me, the Alternators seem to stay balanced better since they are more lightweight. My BinalTech versions chipped on the first gentle transformation as well. As much as I love the die-cast versions, for my money the Alternators are a better buy for display and transformation.

I've heard this complaint a lot. While I haven't seen a Binaltech version personally, the way everyone talks about how easy they are to chip is sounds like they didn't prime them before painting. Oh well. These are the reasons why I'm getting Alternators and waiting to see what they do with a few of the molds. If I wind up getting a second Sideswipe in order to make Sunstreaker (if they don't do a re-re-color of Deadend) I'll most likely put a nice coat of red paint on 'Swipe too just so it doesn't look as flat.

I have both BT-01 and bt-02, have transformed them numerous time and have yet to see any paint chip.

paint or no paint, it's the transformer that makes the toy. when i look at my smokey and sides i'm happy cause i finally got the super poseable, highly detailed tfs that we have only imagined til now. the only thing i can thing of being better is 20th prime, i can't friggin wait til mine is out of layaway and in my hands. i can't seem to stop drooling over new tfs. is that bad?

:tfhuh

i can't seem to stop drooling over new tfs. is that bad?

:tfhuh

Nope, especially not considering the TF's that were getting now. Don't get me wrong on any of this, I've got both the Alternators that have come out and I was given a 20th Prime for Valentine's Day (about the only time that holiday was cool for me), and I love all of them. The posability now is off the chart and the sculpts are much better done too IMO.

 

As far for me, I get concerned about the paint because I used to make custom replica props and know how much time can go into paint and the difference it can make. On the other hand if we were taking TFs and making them the way I was working you'd bee looking at $300+ (retail) for a 20th Prime easy. So I'll take a little cost shaving on Hasbro's part to keep getting stuff for $20.

I have both BT-01 and bt-02, have transformed them numerous time and have yet to see any paint chip.

Luck is a factor on getting a Bt.

I have both BT Smokescreen and Sideswipe, and I love them. I think they are well designed and have a great deal of detail not seen in any other line. I wouldn't go for the Alternators versions because I like the heft and look of the metal. However, that also means that I am forced to keep them in the boxes since the paint chips so easily.

 

I don't think I'll be buying any more Binaltechs, simply because I no longer have the room to display the boxes and they are just way too expensive for my limited budget for me to keep buying them.

 

Also, as the line has progressed, I have become less and less impressed with the molds that come out. Smokescreen and Sideswipe both held me in awe for a while, but when I saw the molds for Hound, Silverstreak, and Tracks, I just didn't feel the same "must have" feelings. In fact, these feelings were missing completely.

 

I do want Meister, however, because I really like the RX-8 as a car, and I think it would make an excellent display as a car. But it'll all depend on what the final product is going to look like.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.