Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FAN POLL - How Has Paying Sales Tax Effected Your Shopping Onine?

Recommended Posts

Beginning in October of this year, ALL online retailers are required by law to collect sales tax on purchases for the States that collect it. With the rising cost of toys and other products, has this changed what you are shopping for online? Please vote in our poll to share your views.

Click Image to Read the Full News Story Now

online-sales-tax__scaled_600.png

Not so much on Amazon as the free 2-day shipping is still a great benefit, but on eBay I'm thinking about purchases more; especially on those items that are selling for a premium to begin with. I do find it odd on there that I have to pay tax on an item that someone already paid tax on. Ebay also has to adjust their system so that I'm not getting charged twice; once for the item and again for the tax. 

  • Author

Interesting you bring up Ebay. That is also where I been feeling most hesitant about having to pay Tax. Often what was the right price, feels less so with $10 tacked on it checkout. I also feel like it is double-dipping, and how do we know they are not keeping that since its not actually required by law? 

  • 3 years later...

Personally, I'm not too thrilled about having to pay more for my online purchases, but I understand that states must collect their fair share of taxes.
As for whether this has changed what I'm shopping for online, I'd say not really. I still buy the same things I always have, but I might be a bit more mindful about where I shop and how much I spend. By the way, have you heard of paystub generators? They're really helpful tools for creating paystubs and other financial documents on the fly. I've used one before and it saved me a ton of time and hassle.
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.