The Transformers: Generation One Universe Series!

All around the mountainside where the Autobot ship sits exposed, the human soldiers march back down the hillside and salute the General as goes he walking up towards the vessel again. The two agents, Drakemore and Connors, walk beside him and listen in to the conversation he is having with one of his men explaining what has happened since they left. At the top of the mountainous hill, Optimus Prime has all of his Autobot soldiers lined up in a row and is briefing them on the situation at hand. The General, Drakemore, Connors and the lower ranking officer talking to them, all stop to hear what this massive robot is saying to his troops. Optimus Prime paces in front of them all and calls over to Jazz who stands there ready for his orders.

"Jazz, give me the list of who is accounted for."

Jazz salutes his leader, "Yes Sir, Prime!"

Looking over to the men all in formation, he walks along with Optimus Prime as they see each one standing there, "These are who we've managed to repair so far Prime. Hound, Cliffjumper, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, Ratchet, Huffer, Prowl, Ironhide, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, Windcharger, Gears, Brawn, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Then of course there is you and I Optimus, that’s how many we've got so far."

Optimus stops and thinks, "Hmm...Hopefully it will be enough to take on Megatron. Are there any others?"

Jazz looks over at him, "The odd few left are in sick bay awaiting repairs, Telatran One's reconfiguration laser is slowly losing power so we needed to conserve the energy it was using. The rest are on the lower levels of the ship and it’s blocked off by solid rock. It's going to take all of our guys to unbury it just to get in."

"I see...� the Autobot leader says, "Perhaps our new allies can give us a hand in the digging. But for now...lets just handle this one step at a time."

Facing all of the awaiting robot soldiers, Optimus Prime spoke out in a clear commanding voice as he gave them a full explanation of what's happened, " Men! The years have passed since we crash landed on this world, nearly One hundred million years to be exact and the fate of Cybertron is unknown to us at this time."

The shock of his revelation sends the robotic soldiers into a flurry of whispers and gasps, but as Prime speaks again they all stop to listen, "We were accidentally awoken by the inhabitants of this world, a planet they call, Earth. These...Humans...also managed to wake up the wrong crop of Transformers, it appears that Megatron and his Decepticons have escaped once again. As distressing as that may sound, we must endeavor to push on together and fight Megatron once more. I want you all to prepare yourselves for combat, the Decepticons could strike at any time or any place, I want you to recharge your weapons and make ready for whatever comes our way. Understood?"

The Autobots all straighten up and salute him, "YES SIR!!"

"Uh...Prime?� a slightly tired and rusty sounding voice echoes out of the line up.

Optimus looks over and sees one of the soldiers raising his hand at him. Gears is his name, a very old Cybertronian warrior that looks as though he doesn't even belong with the group. His red, blue and grey color schemes is faded and warn, no real turnable head to speak of, as it is built into his design. To look around a corner he'd have to shift his whole body, his big wide blue eyes always look as if he's tired, a sign that he's not the young Autobot that stepped off the line like so long ago. Gears lowers his hand as Optimus sees him and continues to speak.

"How the Primus are we supposed to fight Megatron again? He nearly slaughtered us on the ship and he even managed to destroy all of our friends on Cybertron. My joints are aching in this overly rich oxygen atmosphere and I don't care much for these humans for waking me up from a good rest."

Sideswipe standing near by laughs at the old robot's complaints, "Ah quit your complaining Gears we all know your just trying to get out of your duties. Tell ya what old timer...why don't you sit down, have a nice relaxing vacation and let the REAL heroes go out and do the battling for ya. How's that sound? Hm? Well tell Megatron that we're sorry you couldn't come because you had to stay behind and rust!"

The other Autobots all laugh out loud, Sideswipes comments made everyone howl with humor, all but Gears that is. He's been the butt of so many jokes before, he's passed promotions and commendations, watching the younger robots climb the ranks and turning around to give him the orders. Gears quickly turns to Sideswipe and shakes his fist at the joker.

"Alright you ungrateful punk! You got your laugh...now why don't you stick that smug attitude of yours and put it to some real use! I think your lover Sunstreaker over there needs a polishing from you again!"

The Autobots all laugh again, Gears made a good comeback and took Sideswipe by surprise. The red sleek robot stood there in amazement as Gears insulted him, he looked over to his buddy Sunstreaker and saw that he wasn't laughing either. Sunstreaker wanted to punch that old transformer's lights out, but the others held him back as he tried to go over there.

"I'll show you polishing you crazy old coot!! Come here!!"

Optimus Prime raised his voice forcing all of them to quickly snap back to attention and stop the fooling around, "AUTOBOTS!! AS YOU WERE!!"

The leader had enough of the foolishness, this was not the time to be silly, "This is no game and certainly not a holiday.... for any of us! Megatron is on the loose and your worried about the stupidest things? Gears, as one of the older soldiers I expected more from you. Have you forgotten all the friends he slaughtered back home? Sideswipe...Sunstreaker...no more joking around, I need all of you to be focused and ready to do your duty. Until the Decepticons are stopped, I want all of you to act like the soldiers you were trained to be; we're fighting for the very preservation of life itself.... both for us and for the creatures on this world. Now then...."

Prime walks over towards Hound and Cliffjumper, standing directly in front of them, he gives them a new assignment, "Hound, Cliffjumper...I need you to track down and locate the Decepticons. Don't try to be heroes and take them on yourself...just let us know the position and stay out of sight until we arrive. And this time Cliffjumper...I mean it.... Do not engage the enemy until backup arrives."

The small red mini-Autobot scrunches his face in disappointment, "Oh...alright Optimus, I'll try to control myself. But you better show up fast when we see them...I wanna show Megatron my new weapon I built just for him!"

The leader just quietly snickers and gives them a command, "Hound, Cliffjumper...Transform and carry out your mission!"

Hound transforms into the green Hummer form he was given by Telatran One, with some U.S. markings on the sides and top of him, he looks almost like one of the General's vehicles. The back isn't even covered with a roof, jus roll bars on the sides and a large sliver gun turret sticking up and out of the back of it. This was a military car if anyone saw it, besides the obvious Autobot symbols on the side right door and the hood, this just looked like the average army hummer. Cliffjumper transformed into the sporty red Mini Cooper, a fast, punchy looking vehicle that suits Cliffjumper's personality to a "T". The two spun their wheels and bolted off down the mountain hillside, the General watched the whole thing and followed the two un-manned cars with his head as they drove out of sight. He couldn't believe what he just witnessed, these things...these robots...they have the ability to "Transform" and disguise themselves. Looking back at the rest of the robots standing there, he wondered what other forms these creatures could take to hide themselves as. Optimus Prime continued to give out his commands to the rest of the Autobots standing there.

"Wheeljack and Ratchet...your top priority is now fixing Telatran One, we need it back online to locate the Decepticons should they move again. Don't bother with the full repairs...just get it back to working condition as soon as you can."

Ratchet and Wheeljack nod at his order. Ratchet, a white and red version of Ironhide, has a Red Cross symbol just below his chest, which in turn looks like a windshield embedded into him. Though same in design to Ironhide, he has a different model head then him; two large wing-like pieces of sliver metal stick out on either side of the center-forward bulge of the robot's helmet. Looking more like a roman helmet, the only thing it's missing is the feathery brush on top of it. Rachet taps the shoulder of Wheeljack and sighs.

"Well...I guess we'd better start right away then. Come on Wheeljack old buddy...lets go see what the damage is like."

The two repair duo head off into the ship, Prime still stands in front of the remaining Autobots and instructs them in their tasks as well.

"The rest of you get those weapons ready and fully charged. I expect all of you to be ready at a moments notice...lock and load Autobots.... dismissed!"

The Autobot soldiers saluted the leader and all began to casually walk back inside the ship as they prepared for war, some chatted amongst themselves about what they should take and of how the battle will go, but as they all filed back inside, the General and the two agents took the time to talk to Optimus Prime. The leader could see the men walking up to him and bent his head down to look at the small humans below him. The human military commander strained his neck looking up at the massive robot, but introduced himself to the Autobot leader like one soldier to another. He raised his hand up in salute, as did Optimus Prime, both lowering it when it was established.

"Optimus Prime, I'm General Matt Arthur, these two beside me are this country's government agents Jack Connors and Mike Drakemore. You'll have to forgive my lack of understanding of what's going on here.... we didn't expect to see more of your kind waking up."

"I understand General.", Prime says slightly squinting his eyes, "This must all be quite a shock to your kind. Just know that we too find this all quite new...your species is very unknown to us. This was an accident, waking us up from our ship and letting Megatron out. No need to worry yourselves.... we’ll get him back before he does anything to harm your planet."

Connors laughs, "Pardon me Optimus Prime...but that’s a rather unwarranted statement. We've already come into contact with your friends...their minds are controlling our military jets."

"Their minds?", Optimus says in a confused tone, "Oh I see...I think you have it all wrong, the jets weren't being controlled by their minds.... the Decepticons were the jets attacking you."

Drakemore realized what the large robot was saying, "You mean...just like you...they can...transform their appearance?! My god...they could be anything then."

The General nods, "That makes much more sense...the planes were doing things I'd never seen in my whole military life. Well if that's the case then...We're going to have to mount quite the sizeable force to deal with these guys."

The Autobot leader reacted to his comment, "I don't think that would be a wise decision General. Better let us deal with them and keep your men safe here. This is our war...not yours."

Connors shouted at the leader, "NO! That's where you’re wrong Robot! This is our planet, this is our territory...who are you to come here and give us orders? Just seeing what you things are capable of doing makes you a danger to the entire world. This is our problem not yours, we're not as weak and helpless as you think we are, so don't give me that whole ' our war not yours' bull. The General will mobilize his armies and launch the attack..."

Prime hated the way Connors called him " Robot" just a second ago, it almost sounded like a racial slur to him, a very rude word to scream at transformer indeed. Prime arched his back and his blue neon eyes flashed with a spark of anger, "This maybe your world...but your in no position yourself to deal with this kind of threat! You lack the technology and weapons to take Megatron on yourselves.... he’ll just regard you with little value as he does with all life, you aren't even a threat to him."

Connors and Drakemore laughed as if they weren't even scared. Drakemore turned back down the hill and Connors began walking backwards slowly, "How little you know us Optimus Prime, I can guarantee you we're ready for him...and he'll soon know we're a threat. Don't interfere in our affairs...or we'll have to turn all of our 'resources' on to you as well. Back off Robot.... just back off and let us handle it. Go back into your ship and tell your men to stand down...cause if you get in our way...you're going to regret it."

Connors turned around and continued to walk down with Drakemore back to the helipad, one of the helicopters could be heard starting and looked ready to receive the two agents as they approached it. Optimus Prime once again flashed his eyes at the men in the distance, such stupidity was a frustrating thing to deal with for him; humans were a hard species to figure out. They can be friendly and courteous one moment, and then be totally self-righteous and stupid the next. The General didn't need someone to interpret what Prime was feeling, he's known that kind of emotion since this all started. Looking up to the giant transformer, he gave his apologies about the agent's behavior.

"I’m sorry Prime...men like that...well...they have their own agendas and secrets. These guys aren't ones for being tactful, but he is right though...we are going to deal with your friends our way."

Optimus Prime simply lowered his head and looked down at the small minded human again, "Then you're all going to die needlessly, because I can tell you right now.... Megatron is not our friend; he's a cruel transformer with very little regard for living beings other then his own kind. Trust me when I say this, he will not spare one life...not even yours. Congratulations General...you've just signed this planet's death warrant."

The General walks back down the hill, not even caring what the leader just warned him about. Humans, so arrogant and proud, so stupid and unprepared for what comes their way, but there's no denying the bravery and courage of them all. It was the only two special redeeming qualities the Autobot leader could understand about them. The General was going back down to assemble his troops for battle, something that Optimus Prime also must do as the time nears for major confrontation with the Decepticons again. As the large red and blue robot turns around to go inside the ship, Sparkplug comes running out of it and sees the leader looking distressed.

"Problem?", he asks the giant.

Prime sighs, "In more ways you can think of. Humans...I don't think you guys truly understand what you get into sometimes."

Sparkplug laughs, "Don't feel too bad Optimus.... our history is full with stupid mistakes we keep getting ourselves into. One more is like a notch in the belt for us, granted.... this is much more deadlier then before...but if we can't have faith in our own military then who else can we trust to defend our planet?"

Optimus looks back at the helipad, the chopper the agents are in rises to the sky and takes off into the horizon, "That's a question your kind will have to ask again when this is all over. Trust me Sparkplug, these men don't know what they're about to start."

Sparkplug thinks about it for a second and then after looking at his watch, he stares out in the mountainous valley, "Where the hell is Spike and Bumblebee? I told them to come right back..."

Optimus Prime hears the concern in his voice and begins to wonder as well, "Yes, they have been gone a long time haven't they. Bumblebee should have radioed in about now...I hope something hasn't happened to them. Let me see if I can raise him."

The large robot tapped the top of his right forearm; it gave a small clicking noise and a panel swung back from his arm. The inside had flashing buttons and the back of the panel looked like a flat viewing screen. The sound of garbled noises and static could be heard coming from it, like some one on a radio trying to find the right frequency. Prime tinkered with the buttons and stared at the monitor as he called out for the small yellow Autobot.

"Optimus to Bumblebee.... Optimus to Bumblebee...Come in Bumblebee. If your there respond.... come in Bumblebee. Nothing...no signal."

"It might be the mountains...", explained Sparkplug, "This is a pretty surround place, your signals might be disrupted by them, the military had to use a direct satellite link up to communicate with anyone."

Prime rubs his chin with deep concern, "Our communications are pretty powerful, and usually we can pick up our signals with no problem, even with large land structures in the way. Hmm...No, something tells me there's trouble. I'd better mount up the others and head out looking for them."

"The military won't like you doing that Optimus....", Sparkplug warns him.

"Who cares...I don't answer to them and besides they'll be too busy trying to stop Megatron.... which will end up a slaughter anyway. Come on Sparkplug...you can come with us and have a look as well, I'm sure your just as concerned for Spike as I am for Bumblebee."

The construction worker shrugs his shoulders, "What the hell...not like I've got anything to do anyway. I'd hate to see my boy in any sort of danger...let me go back inside and tell my men what's going on."

Optimus Prime starts to walk inside the ship with Sparkplug, "As will I. I need to get my weapon charged and my men ready to move out."

The General at the bottom of the mountainside looks up at the robot leader and Sparkplug walking back inside, getting into a jeep that pulls up along side of him, he sits in and motions to move forward with his hand. As they pull away, the other vehicles carrying the troops can be seen close behind. Helicopters rise from the helipad and fly above the caravan of soldiers, the dust being stirred up by all the activity fills the air, a sign of the sheer number of trucks, cars and other military vehicles moving out towards the main roads. The General inside the jeep grabs the satellite link up phone and begins to bark his orders to the various commanders awaiting his signal.

"This is General Arthur...All companies move out and prepare for combat. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill...Operation Full Strike is a go!"

Suddenly he hears another voice on the phone, he flinches to hear who it is, but as soon as the person identifies himself the General looks serious, "What?! Who is this...oh...yes sir. Sorry Mr. President, I wasn't sure about...yes.... yes that’s right...no sir I don't see any other option. We're dealing with aliens that could devastate this whole planet. I'm sorry I didn't inform you earlier...yes...yes I know. Area 51 is on the move as well sir.... The Project N leader is overseeing it there and will instruct Connors on what to do when he arrives. Uh huh...yes that’s right. Thank you sir.... we’ll do our best, I thank you for your trust in me...yes.... yes I hope god does mercy us all. Goodbye Mr. President."

Hanging up the phone, the General looks ahead out the windshield, the deadpan look of a man thinking about his family and loved ones. Still they drive on out of the valley and head out to open road to track down the monster machines, totally unaware of what they may face and the kind of firepower they'll be dealing with.

End of Chapter Six

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Seven – Secrets and War

A black helicopter flies across a desert terrain, not more then a few feet of the ground it whizzes by a few signs that warn of danger and trespassers will be shot if entered. Inside this helicopter is agent Jack Connors and Mike Drakemore, it's the same copter they used when they had left the Autobot ship site. Both men were looking at various documents all colored in different hues, faint blue letters streamed across the documents that read " Top Secret: Project N - Code 51". Flipping through the many pages, they skimmed the text and put the ones the finished reading back into the dark red folder beside them. Connors eyes flinched at what he was reading, as was his African American friend Drakemore. Both stopped at the same time and looked at one another, it was like they finished reading the same last word and reacted. Drakemore shook his head in disbelief.

"Damn.... I mean.... damn. If this ever got out...sweet Jesus, no wonder they jumped onto that Chip Chase kid."

Connors was slightly bewildered as well, but maintained his professionalism, "He shouldn't have attempted such a stupid thing...at least we managed to silence him before it was too late. Just remember to stay focused Mike, don't freak out on me now, I need to know you are solid with this.... can you deal?"

Drakemore takes a deep breath, "I...I can deal. Don't worry, crap...don't want to see my ass buried in the dirt for spilling anything. Just one thing bothers me about all this though..."

"Oh? What's that?", Connors asks.

"If Chase could break the code and figure out our data network, what's to stop the Autobots from discovering it too? I mean...this will really piss them off. If they know that we have..."

Connors interrupts him, "They won't. The database is secure, not even the smartest computer on Earth can penetrate this new mainframe."

"But Jack...The Autobots are not of this Earth. You'd better pray they don't discover what's been going on...because if they do...you can bet your ass they'll be hell to pay."

Looking over his shoulder and out the side window, Connors stares out and sees that they've stopped in mid air. The helicopter now hovers in one spot and its blades now turn on to whisper mode. Connors then picks up a headset with a microphone attached to it, looping around to his mouth. He looks back at his agent friend and finishes his last thought.

"Hell is coming whether we want it too or not Mike."

Over his headset, he hears a voice radioing in.

"A-51 to unidentified aircraft. Please state your business in this area or be prepared to be fired upon."

Connors acknowledges the voice and talks back, "A-51 this is contact Echo 741 and Hawk 452, clearance code N40 dash 876 dash 411 mark 7. The password is 'Don't Panic' and I am requesting to enter the Area."

"Message received, code confirmed, password is accepted. We have your visual and we approve your entry, welcome to the area gentlemen, the project leader is ready for you.", the voice says back in a cool but stale manner.

Connors smiles as he puts his sunglasses on, "Rodger that A-51"

The helicopter flies inward again, the blades don't even make a sound their so quiet. As they pass by a few rather large fences they come up to a large mountainside, they quickly dart around it and now have a full view of an airbase that looks as if it was hidden from all sight. Down below are military men dressed in dark black and grey fatigues, a massive amount of them marching around and loading up equipment into large trucks with canvases on top of them. The helicopter sets down on the ground that shows the helipad symbol “H�, the whispering blades slow down but continues to spin. Three men approach the helicopter and wait for the two agents to step out, two of them look like the soldiers running around in the special uniforms and the one in the middle is dressed in a dark suit and tie just like the two agents are. Connors and Drakemore open the door and step out; they lower their heads as they step quickly away from the helicopter. Once they are clear of the blades, they stand erect and greet the men.

"Agent West, good to see you again.", Connors says to the man wearing sunglasses like him.

"Jack, Drakemore...welcome home. The N Leader has arranged all your gear and the weapon is ready for you to take."

Drakemore puts on his sunglasses as the glare of the hot sun becomes too much for his eyes, "Where is the Leader anyway?"

West looks at him, "He's keeping a low profile just incase, but lets just say he's still on the base and will be watching the progress from the spy satellite. We've found the metal beings just not too far from where the alien ship is. A small town is about to get a rude wake up call from them..."

Connors shakes his head, "Do we expect casualties on this one?"

West nods, "Oh yeah...there will be many. We've been ordered to do whatever it takes to end this, even if that means innocent lives. Gentlemen I don't envy your situation...but this is how it is."

Drakemore clears his throat and asks another question, "What about clean up? Can we contain the people and keep the situation quiet?"

The agent laughs at his question, "No, this is definitely one we cannot contain...gentlemen I don't think you realize what's happened. The international community has found out about this discovery, they now know about the ship and about the robots moving around. Their spy satellites have also seen the location and the same thing we're dealing with right now. The world is waiting to see what we can do and if we actually can stop these aliens, hell...Project N is in jeopardy of exposure if we don't kill these creatures. Understand me?"

Both men nod and West points over to the far side of the base, "The machine is over there, the leader has told the men how to use it and all they need now is for you to carry out your assignments."

"You mean go to war.", Drakemore states.

The agent nods to him, "yeah...you're now in charge of the battle boys. The General will be the first wave of attack, and then when his men are spent, you come in with the weapon and finish the job. Good luck."

West and the two soldiers beside him walk away; Connors and Drakemore turn around to see the object that the man pointed out to them. At the end of the base, a large vehicle sits with massive wheels and covered over with a massive tarp. It looks like something massive is mounted on the vehicle and sticking out well beyond its frame. Whatever it was, Drakemore and Connors walked across the base towards it, a row of soldiers stood in line waiting for their commands and all armed to the teeth with odd-looking weaponry. Three massive helicopters hover down over it, large grappling hooks lowered over the huge thing sitting there and waited for the men to attach them. With one hand signal from Drakemore, the men carried out their duties and got the machine strapped on. Connors smiled with delight seeing all of this; he was ready to see what this thing exactly was and more importantly what it could do.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••â€

•••••••••••••

Spike, Bumblebee and Carly were entering the edge of the small town, Dawson Valley, the sleepy community that had a population of over one thousand people. It was rather well kept, the roads looked freshly paved, the houses and few apartment buildings looked cozy and well managed, and the town folk were busily walking out in the streets. It was the ideal thriving town that was on the verge of a major boom. It had all the necessary elements to it, schools, a couple of factories, energy facilities, and even construction was well underway as the town was expanding outward. As Bumblebee drove in, he observed how tranquil and peace loving these humans were. It amazed him that not all humans lived the same way, that there was more then just the two sides he had seen, the military and the workers. Here he saw families in the park together, older couples walking about as they shopped, and children frolicking in the school grounds. This was all very strange to him, humans seem to live a simple life, although Spike and Carly inside were much more complex to deal with then what he had observed coming into town. Carly saw the bus stop coming up and collected her self and her things, putting on her hand and shoving her water bottle back into her shorts' pocket. She cleared her throat and sat up.

"Just drop me off over there if you please. I'd like to unburden you as soon as possible."

Spike grumbled to himself, but tried to put on a good face for her, "There ya go.... Ms. Jenkins, sorry I was so rude earlier...hope you don't have too long of a wait."

The yellow Volkswagen pulls up to the bus shelter and stops; Carly gets out of the car and slams the door shut. Not even so much as a 'thank you' she just walks over to the bench and sits herself down away from them. Bumblebee didn't appreciate the woman closing his door like that, he was glad this tempered woman wasn't inside of him anymore, because he was tired of the over emotional drama the two of them were beating on him. Spike sighed for a moment and looked over at Carly. Even though she was sort of being rather rude to him, he in turn knew that his rudeness didn't help matters either. His mother used to say he was just as stubborn as his father was, too arrogant to open up to anyone and too proud to take it back. Bumblebee wondered what he was waiting for, not to alarm the people around him; he continued to send out a text message on his speedometer.

WELL? ARE WE LEAVING OR WHAT? COME ON SPIKE, WE'VE GOT TO GET BACK TO HEADQUARTERS OR ELSE OPTIMUS PRIME AND YOUR DAD ARE GOING TO WORRY!

"Oh Bumblebee...I can't leave her like this. Give me just a second, ok? I need to do something that’s not in my nature...apologize."

Spike gets out of the Autobot and walks over to Carly. He plunks himself down next to her and looks over to see her diverting her eyes from him.

"Look...I'm.... I’m sorry I snapped at you."

Carly still keeps her eyes elsewhere and doesn't say a word. Spike continues to talk to her, "Maybe I was being a bit of a male idiot...I dunno...I really can't tell you anything about what’s going on right now."

She quickly turns her eyes to him and finally speaks, "So...by that tone I guess I'm supposed to know that you were lying to me in the car. Well Mr. Witwicky...I don't appreciate people acting like total jerks when I ask them a simple question and then..."

Spike interrupts her, "Hold it, Hold it...That was no simple question. You basically came out and demanded I tell you about something I may or may not know about...so yeah I got a bit defensive only because you were being so damn forceful."

Carly blinked, scrunched her mouth and sat back in her spot, "Ok.... maybe.... just maybe I was a tad.... pushy. But I'm tired, I'm filthy, I haven't had a decent night sleep in awhile.... and I guess I'm just tired off people mocking of what I do. So...I'm sorry for being rude to you as well. There...I said it."

Spike rested his hand on her shoulder, hoping she wouldn't snap at him for doing that as well, "For the record Carly, I didn't make fun of what you do.... well...not so much anyway."

His slight snicker after that made her start to crack a smile. She looked over at him and giggled slightly, "Yeah whatever...I know you think I'm a weirdo. I just wish for once I all my theories and shadow chasing wasn't for nothing.... just once...I'd love to be surprised by something.... anything...."

Spike smiled at her for a second, but as he sat there grinning at the girl, he started to notice the bench was vibrating. Looking around he could see the windows on the near by shops were also starting to shimmer, he rose up out of his seat and notice that the vibrations were getting stronger and stronger, in fact...the ground itself was shaking too. Carly also felt this tremor building, as did all of the other people around town. Grumbling louder and louder, the land beneath all of their feet shook violently, nobody could stand up for much longer as it quaked and caused them all to fall. Everyone saw the buildings sway and crack, the sound of car alarms filled the air with the massive grumble of the Earth moving. Spike looked over at Carly, who in turn looked at him, the frightened look in their eyes was a shared emotion. Bumblebee was having a hard time keeping stable himself, most of the cars where all starting to flip and roll away from the massive earthquake tremor. But something told him this was no natural disaster happening.

"Whoa! Can't keep stable...", he voiced out loud to himself, "Wait a minute...my scanners are picking up two distinct tremors...that can't be right...unless...."

The shakes became even worst now, the ground began to spilt wide open and the buildings collapsed, people screamed and shouted, as the whole place became a nightmare around them. Phone poles cracked, the wires snapped and whipped around in a fury of electrical sparks. The waterways underneath the roads split open and shot up towards the sky, fires began as the sparks from the hydro wires touched wooden structures and flammable objects. Spike crawled over and grabbed onto Carly, together they desperately tried to get to Bumblebee hoping to climb inside to shield themselves from the devastation. As they finally reached the yellow beetle, the tremors suddenly stopped, as if someone just simply turned it all off with a flick of a switch. It was quiet, apart from the people still hollering and screaming about what happened. But as they all stood up to recover, a large blast came ripping through the middle of the street. Debris was streaming everywhere, Carly and Spike raised their arms up to protect themselves from the explosion. As the two dropped their arms back down, large clunking sounds could be heard coming through the billowing smoke and fiery ash, as they looked up to see the direction it was coming from, out came Megatron. The sliver robotic giant came into view like the devil stepping out of his hellish fire. Towering over all the people, he looked down at them and gave the most evil grin one could imagine. Spike remembered this menace from before; this was the same creature that attacked the guards at the ship, a memory he'd never forget and one that he was reliving again standing there with his mouth ajar looking at him. Carly screamed as she saw the sizable giant, everyone did as they saw this creature walking through, a horror to all their innocent eyes.

"MEGATRON!!� Bumblebee uttered aloud when he saw whom it was, "Spike!! Get in!!"

Spike heard his Autobot friend call out to him and looked back at the Volkswagen as he snapped out of his terror, looking over at Carly, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to the car. Carly was mesmerized by the sliver robot, but stopped cold in her tracks when she shrieked at Spike and pointed up at the sky.

"SPIKE!! LOOK!"

Out of the smoke filled sky, came more robotic monsters, all looked just as big and menacing as the one that stepped out of the explosion. Jets transformed in front of all their eyes and became those robotic figures as well; they landed on top of debris and buildings as if they weren't even there. The people all panicked and ran to their cars, some just ran and ran, but all made they're way straight out of town. Starscream terrorized those that were too frightened to move as he walked over and taunted them.

"Puny weaklings! Stand and fight us...hahahaha...if you can..."the warrior said in his evil yet irritating voice.

Megatron shouted to the people as they ran and screamed for their lives, "Foolish humans! None shall survive the might of the Decepticons. You are ours to do with as we see fit!!"

Pointing his large arm mounted cannon, he fired at the fleeing horde of people, and it was a hideous sight to see as the energy discharge washed over them all and burning them into vapor. Carly couldn't believe what was happening, people that were there one minute now have been wiped away from existence. Spike eye's welled with tears; they streamed down his face as he shouted.

"NOOOO!!! YOU GOD DAMN MURDER!!!"

Bumblebee was helpless, what could he do? If he transformed, he would be alerting the Decepticons the Autobots survived too soon, not only that, but he was vastly out numbered to fight back. He opened his car door and shouted at Spike once again.

"Spike!! Get in for Cybertron's Sake!! Come On!!! We've got to get out of here and warn the others!!"

Spike shook his head disapprovingly, "Bumblebee we can't just leave these people to die! We have to do something!"

"We will Spike! We have to tell Optimus.... please Spike...I can't fight all of them, I need to get help!!� the young Autobot yelps back.

The Decepticons were busy blasting away at the humans and turning the whole town into rubble for their own use. Spike had no choice but to listen to Bumblebee, he grabbed Carly who was still in shock and crying for the many lives being lost in front of her. He shoved her into the car closed the door, quickly running over to the drivers side he got in and shut his door as well.

As Bumblebee locked the doors automatically, Carly looked out the door window and watched the carnage, “We can’t just leave….We can’t…..the people….Spike…what about the people…�

Spike hung his head in shame, he too saw the various crowds fleeing for their lives and felt powerless to do anyting. He leaned over and pulled Carly away from the window and held on to her tight in his arms.

“We can’t save them! We can’t do it alone….we need to go get help Carly. We need to find someone who can…�

The Decepticons where everywhere, blasting everthing in their sight, Spike looked up again out the windshield and saw a group of the metal monsters heading their way. One last look at the whole place crumbling around them made him shout out to his Autobot friend in sheer panic.

"Floor it Bumblebee, if we don't hurry these people will all be dead by the time we get back!"

Bumblebee revved his engine and squealed his tires as he raced out of town. The little car avoided all the debris and sped down the clear part of the remaining road. Megatron looked over and saw the fleeing vehicle, he glanced over at Thundercracker and Skywarp giving them a nod to stop it from leaving. The two flew up in their robotic forms and managed to land in Bumblebee's way. They both pointed their slim lined arm attached weapons at the small car and opened fire. Bumblebee darted and shifted as they shot at him, but still managed to maintain his speed, he saw the confused look on the two Decepticon's faces when they realized he avoided their shots. Again they aimed their weapons at the car coming closer and gave a wider field of laser shots, but this was all too late, because Bumblebee used some of the debris that lay ahead and jumped it into the air. His Volkswagen frame crashed through Skywarp and Thundercracker, as they fell on their backs in total shock and awe. The little car landed safely on the ground again and continued on its way out of the area. Megatron witnessed it all and was disgusted to see his warriors beaten by some humans in a primitive vehicle.

"You morons!! Beaten by frail organic beings...I want that vehicle stopped!! No one makes a fool of the Decepticons!� the evil leader looks over at Soundwave standing beside him, "Soundwave...make them pay!"

"As you command Megatron!", the resonating voiced robot says, "Laserbeak, Ravage.... new instructions, track down the escaping small yellow vehicle and attack!"

High above in the sky hangs Laserbeak, it's yellow eyes flash as it hears Soundwave's instructions, the dark red and black robot bird swoops down and locates Bumblebee from high up. On the birds back are two sliver metallic thrusters with large laser cannons sticking out of it, they are permanently posed on either side and begin to shoot down at the small car. Laserbeak screeches like a hawk as it attacks them, the black head of the bird almost does resemble an Earth type hawk or eagle. Bumblebee once again has to dodge the blasts raining down on him, all the while keeping Spike and Carly safe from harm. Carly, still in shock, clutches on tightly to Spike as he also holds her in great fear. Each time a blast comes near them, they both scream out in terror.

"Damn...I've got Laserbeak on my tail! Can't shake him! Hang on Spike ol' pal.... I’ll try to radio for help!"

Carly soon realized the car is talking, with all that’s going on, she frantically asks her new found friend who's talking, "S-s-s-Spike? Where is that voice coming from? Why is your car talking to us?!"

Spike nervously laughs, still flinching as the ground explodes randomly outside, "Now is not the time to ask Carly!! Just sit tight and hold that thought for later!"

As Laserbeak fires away from above, a shot rings out and clips the robotic bird's wing. Screaming in pain, Laserbeak spirals out of control and crashes on the ground, suddenly a voice booms out to the yellow beetle racing down the road.

"HAHA...nailed that lil' sucker in one shot!"

Bumblebee realizes whose voice it is and laughs in joy, "Hound?! Hound is that you?!"

"You better believe it buster!"

Pulling up along side of him is a dark green hummer with Autobot symbols on it and that's when the small Autobot new it was indeed his friend Hound. Then another voice came out and Bumblebee instantly knew whom it belonged too.

"Hey Bee man.... you trying to take on the Decep's by yourself or something?"

Bumblebee laughs again as a red Mini cooper pulls up beside him with a large white Autobot symbol sitting on its roof, "Actually Cliffjumper, I was bringing them to you...I know how much your looking for a good fight."

Cliffjumper laughs at the yellow Volkswagen’s remark, "Wouldn't be a party without a good fight buddy! I'm just we can't go in there and give them the full pounding they deserve."

"What do you mean? Look we have to go back and help out...", Bumblebee shouts back at them as they all speed down the road together.

"No can do little guy, Prime wants us only to report back with their location...", Hound says back to him.

Spike hears the whole thing and shouts at the fleeing yellow Autobot, "We gotta go back Bumblebee...make them go back and stop the Decepticons.... Please...."

Bumblebee agrees with Spike, "I know, I know.... come on you guys...we have to go back and help those poor humans being attacked! To hell with our orders...for Primus's sake...people are dying!!!"

Cliffjumper wasn't one to say no to something like that, he cursed Megatron under his breath, "That sick evil transformer...I'm gonna rip out his heart! Let's do it.... we’ll turn around and...."

"We're not going to do anything!", Hound interrupts, "Listen guys, we can't fight the whole group on our own...we'd be out gunned and out numbered in no time! Now don't make me pull rank on you two, so smarten up and pull it together. If Optimus wants us back, then we go back...understand? I can't hear you soldiers.... Do you understand?!"

Both Bumblebee and Cliffjumper grumble, Hound is the superior to both of them and also very right in his answer. Both agree and respond back at the same time. "Yes Sir! Understood Sir!"

As they continue to drive away, a black, sleek looking robotic panther watches them come his way. The glowing yellow eyes on the creature stares at them as they pass. Ravage, as he is called, jumps up towards them and transforms. He takes the form of a minidisk and shrinks down to the human equivalent size of the object. Ravage attaches himself to the back of Hound, who clearly doesn't feel him magnetize there. Riding off back towards the highway, Hound, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee all make their way back to the Autobot ship. No one is aware that Ravage is coming along for the ride, the perfect spy to discover their secret.

In the smoldering ruins of the now destroyed town, Megatron walks amongst the dead and debris and stand there laughing, it reminds him of the days of Cybertron when he began the war against the Autobots. Those where the days of high casualties and spreading fear, his fear to be exact, Megatron was a force to be reckoned with at the beginning of it all. But then came Optimus Prime, who showed the Autobots that Megatron's fear was an illusion and one that could be pushed right back at him and his followers. Laughing at all the carnage reminded him of those times, the times before Optimus Prime, now he laughs again knowing that Prime shall never interfere with his plans ever again. Soundwave approaches his leader very carefully and becomes the bearer of bad news.

"Megatron, The human vehicle has eluded us...� the blue/grey transformer says to the laughing maniac.

"What?!� Megatron yells as the mention of it breaks his laughter, "Idiots! Morons!! A bunch of Karpalian Octo-droids could kill those fleeing cowards with out even trying!!"

Starscream comes walking over with a badly damaged Laserbeak in his hands, "It appears the humans have managed to cripple your precious spy, oh mighty Megatron. Perhaps they're more of a threat to us then you think."

Laserbeak squeaks in pain as Megatron sees the extent of the damage done to the minidisk robot. Soundwave takes the injured robot bird and converts his hand into a laser tool for repairing it. His hand slips inside and a bright flash of light soon brings out the weird looking cutting device that has multiple miniature arms for careful work. Starscream snickers at Soundwave's delicate care and continues to berate Megatron about it, "Look at this...already we have one casualty and you've managed to wipe out a small harmless village. I am impressed with your leadership thus far...."

The sarcastic tone in the air commander's voice irritated the sliver-polished leader to no end; he quickly grabbed Starscream by the throat and held him up into the air, "Once again you are pushing your limits Starscream!! I told you if you don't learn to curb that tongue of yours I'd rip it out of you!! Now stop this playing around and get to work on the computer needed to helm the new ship, I want it to be fully functional by the time the vessel is complete. NOW!"

He throws the struggling Decepticon down onto the ground again, the air commander coughs and gasps as he tries to regain his voice, "Yes...Megatron.... I...I will do that..."

As Starscream gets up and walks away from the towering leader, a group of purple and pale green Decepticons approach Megatron and salute him. The one robot of the six steps out and asks the evil commander a question.

"The place is fully destroyed Megatron. Rumble and Frenzy have given us an excellent condition to begin our work."

The leader looks over at the robot, "Good, then all is prepared for our new launch pad. Have you enough materials and energy to build? "

"Enough to make the platform and some of the engines.... but we require more metal and more energy if this is going to work.", the purple, faded green robot says.

Megatron rubs his chin lightly with his index finger and thumb, "Hmm, perhaps we can forgo the luxuries and make it worthy enough to simply get us back to Cybertron. We'll look into it later...but for now begin your work. Constructicons, Transform!"

The six robots do exactly as he commands; they all transform and become Earth style construction vehicles. Together they begin to push, plow, remove and dig into the dead town, as they convert the place into the new Decepticon launching area. The bodies of dead humans lay about, but with the help of the other Decepticons, they simply pile them into a ditch and have Thundercracker and Skywarp vaporize them with their lasers. Those that managed to survive were the lucky ones, for the Decepticons have no interest in preserving life; theirs is the only one they care to call 'life'. Soundwave finally repairs Laserbeak and replaces the tool-device back into his own hand again.

"Laserbeak...Transform", the resonating monotone voiced robot commands.

The bird squeals and turns into its minidisk form in Soundwaves hand. He then places the minidisk Decepticon back inside his open chest front loader and closes it once it's stored in him. The robot then walks over to the leader, all around him are busy Decepticons, working on various projects and cleaning up the area. The Constructicons move about quickly and manage to form new materials out of the human buildings. One of the Constructicons is build like a mixer truck, as it gets loaded up by the others, it rolls its centrifuge and pours liquid that instantly hardens into flat sheets of fortified concrete. The slabs are then cut by the various Decepticons and are brought over to where the main area of construction will be. Megatron looks on as his warriors build, not lifting a finger to help any of them, he doesn't see the need too, he is after all...their leader. Soundwave finally manages to reach Megatron and reports on Laserbeak's status.

"Laserbeak fully repaired Megatron. But energy consumption has drained his power nodes. And my calculations suggest that more of our warriors will loose valuable energy as the work progresses."

Megatron nods, "Yes...we are low on energy that is for certain. This planet is rich in it. We must drain it and take it with us...but since the ship will have to be more compact, storage will be limited."

Soundwave's chest plate quickly darkens and turns into a viewable monitor for him, scrolling designs and electronic blueprints fill the viewer as he suggest certain options, "If we convert the energy into stable Energon Cubes, the ship could have a special cargo hold, one that could contain nearly 9000 units of deco-quads."

Megatron grins at the numbers, "9000 units? It would be enough to rebuild our world and fuel my armies. Are you positive it could be achieved? Energon Cubes are a lighter load to take back...but much more deadlier if they are dropped or even jolted around too much."

"Being more compact would make them very fragile...but it is the only solution in order to take as much energy back with us as possible.� the yellow uni-eyed transformer says with certainty.

Megatron thinks about it, pacing back and forth, then stopping suddenly and looking back at the blue robot, he makes his final decision, "Very well...Prepare a new ship schematic and create the perfect cube force field stable enough contain all that energy."

"As you command Megatron."

Soundwave bows to his leader and stands there calculating within his super advanced computer brain that also shows on his display screen as he processes it all.

Megatron sighs and places his finger to his chin as he thinks again, "Now all we need is a suitable power source capable of giving us unlimited amounts of energy. Hmmm...Plus we'll need to refuel soon...there must be a quick source of energy to tide the Decepticons over for now."

Suddenly he could hear a voice cry out, it was Rumble and he was warning them all of something headed their way, "INCOMING!!!"

A streak came across the sky and impacted on the surface near a group of the Decepticons, the massive explosion jolted them all out of position but quickly recovered. They didn't even look damaged as it hit them all, but did manage to stun them for a mere few seconds. More streaks and impacts came across to them, causing Megatron to wonder where it was coming from. There didn't look like there was anything around for miles...and yet the attacks where striking hard at them as if something was close by.

"What is this?! I can't see anything on the horizon..."

Three blue, grey and green Decepticons ran up to him, the middle one had a large lens that looked built into his gut. As if they shared one mind, all three talked in unison to the leader.

"Then perhaps we can give you a better look!"

Megatron smiled, "Ah, Reflector...Transform and give me a clear visual."

The three transformed, shrunk in size to fit in his hands and looked like a digital camera. The digi-cam was capable of taking snapshots, filming and even zooming in to distances too far for the transformer eye to see. Megatron held Reflector up and aimed him in the direction where the rockets were coming from. On the back of the digi-cam, the LED screen showed him everything as Reflector zoomed in at twice the power. There on the electronic viewer it showed the General and his armies moving in on them, tanks were rolling and rocket carriers where sending off the missiles. Zooming in even more, it showed the entire group of soldiers running on foot and racing ahead in armor plated gun turret vehicles. Reflector commented on the situation.

"It appears the humans have assembled a large force to attack us. Should we retreat?"

Megatron quickly lowered the viewer away from his face and scoffed at the idea, "Retreat?? Are you mad...those puny weapons can even dent or Cybertronian armor you idiot! This is only a temporary set back, let these humans come...we will deal with them and make them pay for their stupidity!"

The Constructicons stop and transform back into robot form, the middle one steps forward and speaks, “Should we form Devastator and wipe them away for you Megatron?"

"No Scrapper...this isn't even worth your attention, get back to work and finish building the platform. You wanted to have some more material? It seems your about to get more...� Megatron says to the Constructicon.

The six robots re-transform into their various construction vehicle modes and continue building the area. Megatron lets Reflector leap out of his hand and transform back into his three separate identities. Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker walk over and Megatron gives them instructions.

"Starscream...take your men and sweep the area. Show them the price for their arrogance!"

Starscream and the others all laugh, "As you command Megatron!"

The three run along the ground and quickly transform into their jet modes, they all blast off from the surface and kick their thrusters into over drive as they streak through the air towards the human army. Inside Starscream's cockpit, a holographic screen pops up and targets the surface below, green and red indicators show that he his locking his weapons on the main group of tanks.

"Pathetic Humans!! No one attacks the Decepticons!! DIIIIEEE!!!!"

Shots ring out from the Decepticon Jets, the ground is littered with laser beams slicing and impacting down on the troops below. Screams of the soldiers dying and tanks blowing up fills the air, the jets pass by in flurry of weapons fire from them and the soldiers below. Still the human army pushes on as they continue to march towards Megatron and the Decepticons who are starting to come into view. Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp swing around to make another pass at the ground assault. But then shots fly by at the three and in their rear viewers they see a large squad of jet fighters heading straight for them. It's as if the entire air force was brought in to bomb the metal giants, the sky was filled with the crafts as they all began their descent at the three lone jet crafts. Skywarp didn't seem too worried, he kinda laughed at the sight of the humans coming to take them on.

"Heh! Look at this will ya...the humans think their superior to us.... time to show them a new trick."

Megatron watched them all from his location, he too saw the mass number of air force coming in, but then on his chest, two indents on either side of his chassis flashed and the voice of Skywarp could be heard as it glowed to his words, "Skywarp to Megatron.... Skywarp to Megatron.... permission to separate from the group and teleport."

Megatron tapped the flashing indent on his chest, "This is Megatron...permission granted! Teleport and fire at will Skywarp...that goes for all Decepticons available!"

Skywarp once again blurred into the sky and vanished, the human jet pilots where astounded by his vanishing act and wondered where the hell he went too. Then they saw him re-appear from the top of the sky and fired down at a group of the jets. All of them exploded in a fiery ball of flames and were sent crashing to the ground. Skywarp once again teleported and vanished from the sky. He kept repeating this pattern of attack all over the place, never giving the pilots a moments notice of where he'd show up next. The human fighters scattered as their numbers decreased by the hundreds, in order to continue their mission, a small group broke away from the fighting Calvary and tried to make a run towards Megatron's location. Thundercraker flew straight by the group at mach speeds; well ahead of them he managed to do a 180-degree spin that seemed to astound the human pilots. No jet could attempt such an aerodynamic stunt like that, it was practically impossible, stopping the jet and spinning around would surely tear a plane in half. As Thundercracker faced them he took aim and fired his side rockets towards them, the jets tried to break their tight formation hoping to elude the incoming rockets, but they exploded into several different smaller versions and managed to hit each jet trying to move out of the way. The once blue sky was now red and grey, fire and smoke clouded over the whole area like the coming of doomsday. The General was well away from the main frontlines, monitoring everything further back where the second wave of men and weapons sat awaiting orders to move in. The General and a few other ranking soldiers were standing in a pitched tent with monitors and radios surrounding all of them. The screens showed the insides of various tanks and planes, each one blacking out and switching over to the next available one.

"My God! This is a slaughter...Lieutenant are we even half way in there?!� the General blurted out.

The soldier standing next to him in the small tent held a radio head set to his right ear, he tinkered with the tuning knobs and kept moving his eyes from one monitor to the next, "No sir...Squadron A just reported heavy losses at the front lines and ground assault can't seem to move ahead with the vehicles. The foot soldiers not wounded or separated from their platoon are trying to maintain the course. It's a nightmare out there sir..."

"I can see that damnit! You don't need to tell me that!� The General yelled to him, "Give me estimates...how long before we can bring in the second wave? "

The lieutenant stared at him blankly and gave him the only answer he could, "Sir...the first wave will be gone within a matter of minutes.... We have to send in the second squad now! The men are dying by the hundreds out there..."

The General sighed and banged his fist on one of the makeshift monitors, "And thousands more if we send in the second wave...these aliens are going to kill ever god damn last one of us. Alright.... lord forgive me for this.... send in the second wave."

The soldier returned to his headset and spoke into the small microphone, "Squadron B you are a go! Attack force Delta you are a go! Rock and Roll boys...move it out!!"

Outside their tent, a huge number of military vehicles and troops began to march inward to the valley of death awaiting them. Apache helicopters and Blackhawks rose from the ground and began to fly beyond the ground troops. More rocket-propelled rockets launched towards the Decepticons, hitting around the same area as before, the incoming fire managed to strike at the base of the Constructicon's slowly rising launch pad. The explosion blew apart their work and made them all recoil from the impact. Megatron was furious at the humans, to think mere flesh creatures could stop him in his conquest for universal domination. Some soldiers that managed to get through the area unharmed now sprayed the evil robots with their bullets; it hit all of the Decepticons like rain, not even scratching their armor. Megatron had enough of their games, and called out to all Decepticons.

"These humans want a war do they? Fine...Let's show them the true meaning of war! Decepticons!! Transform and attaaaaack!!!"

Soundwave approached the various soldiers shooting at him on the ground; he simply rose up his arm and touched one of the buttons on his top chest area. A massive high pitched sound wave filled the whole battlefield, the noise was so painful it seemed like it was stabbing right into their brains. The men collapsed and screamed in total agony, those that couldn't take it any longer ran back from where they came from. Some still tried to raise their guns to attack the monstrously huge blue robot, but Soundwave took out his weapon and fired at them all as they coward in pain. A quick flash from his gun and the laser vaporized the soldiers as they sat there helpless. Reflector also came across the open valley, the various surviving tanks and armored carriers tried to fire at the three robots, but the robots all smiled and began to glow bright neon green. As the men shielded their eyes from the light, they noticed the three robots had somehow multiplied themselves in to a growing number of copies. For each Reflector drone, there was at least three more made, perfect replicas of the original three and all armed with weapons. The humans tried to fire at all of the robots aiming their weapons down at them, but little could be done to stop their deaths. In a quick barrage of laser fire from the robots, the humans died in bright light of death. Nothing remained, only fragments of their vehicles and the odd uniform scraps. The Constructicons kept their vehicle forms and drove to the other human vehicles breaking inward, it was the second wave of ground troops trying to move ahead. Scrapper took lead and gave his fellow Constructicons an idea on how to deal with the attacking horde.

"Ok Constructicons.... lets run these bugs down!"

One of the Constructicons, disguised as a dump truck and in the same unified light green color as the rest of the group, spoke out to the lead robot, "Should we combine into Devastator and finish them all off Scrapper?"

"No Long Haul, let's not waste our energy...besides it won't take much to squash these creatures!"

They all laughed and began ramming the humans as they tried to get by them, nothing could stop this group of Decepticons and they made sure that everything that was crushed was pushed, buried and demolished out of their way. The human soldiers realized they were losing badly and fled in retreat back to the main camp site, it was a hopeless cause and thousands lay dead all around. In the skies, Starscream was taking out helicopters as he zoomed in and shot them all down into burning chunks of metal. It was a flawless victory for the air commander, the choppers were too slow to track him and unable to react fast enough to do any damage. One of the second waves of jet fighters moving in managed to shoot a rocket at Starscream; it impacted on his right wing, which knocked him around. The air commander shuttered in pain as he felt the blast, but quickly recovered to see whom it was that got in the cheap shot at him.

"You little twerp!! How dare you attack me!!"

Starscream rushed in towards the human pilot, who didn't move a muscle as the Decepticons came racing in towards him, he thought he was going to get a clear shot at this evil alien...but it would never come. Starscream transformed into his robot mode, reaching up he grabbed the jet and looked inside the cockpit. The human was screaming in fear as the giant robot's eyes stared at him.

"So...you thought you could take me out did you? Pathetic...all of you humans are pathetic. I am Starscream...and no flesh creature can harm me!! Die you worthless creature!!!"

Starscream crushed the plane with his bare hands; the twisting metal and crunching of the cockpits glass soon left only a bloodstained splatter inside. Starscream laughed at the sight, for him it was no worst then stepping on an ant and as far as the giant robots were concerned...that’s what the human species where to them. Megatron did nothing to aid in the destruction of the humans, still standing where he was at the beginning of the conflict, he watched the war with a sinister smirk on his face. Nothing could touch him, these humans were losing to his warriors and that pleased him a great deal. Now they would understand that no one could defeat the Decepticons, these weapons they were using were completely worthless against theirs. And sitting back in the tent, over in the temporary campsite of the human resistance, the General was beginning to finally understand that Optimus Prime was right all along. They didn't get a war, it was a slaughter. He was just about to phone the President of the United States, when the lieutenant monitoring the communication traffic got an incoming message for the commander.

"Sir...I've got someone on the radio named Connors...he's coming in with a bunch of weapons and men, he wants to know if our forces have been unable to stop the alien threat."

The General looks over, "Connors?? What's that damn fool brought now? Tell him...tell him...."

The army commander struggles to think of exactly what to tell that secret government agent, he knows that they're bringing in a special type of weapon that might save the war, but rather then admit defeat he'd just like to say no and keep the agent back. But as he looks up at the various monitors and the sounds of the troops dying over the airwaves, he hangs his head and sighs.

"Tell him to proceed with his plan...begin the retreat of our troops..."

The lieutenant's eyes widen, "But...but sir...."

The General kicks the monitors down with his rage, "Son of a Starscream!! Just do it.... we’ve lost this round...its up to Connors now and whatever the hell he's brought."

“Yes sir…�, the soldier says back to him, slightly shaken from the army commander’s outburst.

In the sky well back from the war taking place, the group of heavy armored helicopters lifting the secret weapon still covered comes flying in. Inside the main double bladed helicopter sits Connors and Drakemore. All around them are troops dressed in the black and grey uniforms with pitch-black helmets. Connors has the radio headset attached to his head and listens to the General’s lieutenant grant him permission.

“You are hereby given the go to proceed Mr. Connors, the war is now yours.�

Connors smiles listening to the soldier saying it over the radio and responds back, “Rodger that…and tell the General…This war is about to be over real soon!�

End of Chapter Seven

Chapter Eight – The Battle Begins

Inside the Autobot ship back at the mountain site, Optimus Prime and the others finish charging their weapons. Sparkplug gives his workers their instructions to finish up repairs and return to their makeshift homes at the base of the mountainside. Ratchet and Wheeljack are fiddling away at the controls of Telatran One, tools lay out all over the place and large open panels reveal the inner workings of the mega-computer. Wheeljack lowers himself down on one knee and reaches in on the open section below, using one of the tools laying beside him, he places it in and gives it a few twists with his wrists. The tool seems to create a few sparks inside the open panel as he uses the tool, the computer then starts to hum in a calm manner, more lights and buttons begin to flash on the huge console above him.

"There...that should do something.... maybe just give us a brief view of what's happening out there."

Optimus Prime is checking out his large black weapon, a massive gun that seems to have a long cylinder shape at the end of it, much like looking at a futuristic cannon. He walks across the room to Ratchet and Wheeljack, who look to him for approval of their work.

"Well done you two. Scan the area for Decepticon energy signatures..."

"Will do Prime.", Wheeljack says cheerfully.

Wheeljack turns to the console and begins to fiddle with the various buttons and switches; each one makes a unique electronic sound and flashes a variant color as he touches them. On the massive screen of Telatran One, a big schematic of the area becomes viewable, a topographic view of the mountains, valley and the surrounding area to it. But as it tries to home in on the Decepticons, the screen begins to static a bit and fizzles; the voice of the computer explains the cause of this effect.

"alert.... negative sensor lock on Decepticon energy signatures. Scanners are being disrupted from an outer source."

Optimus leaned down on the console and stared into the giant monitor, "Telatran One...confirm that and locate source."

The computer makes a few deep electronic noises as it checks it's own data, "Confirmed and identified. Scanners are being prevented beyond this area, there is an unidentified satellite in orbit of the planet blocking Autobot communications and sensors."

"Impossible!", Wheeljack shouts out, "Telatran One, give us a visual of this satellite!"

The computer puts the image on the viewer for all of them to see; the satellite is small and hanging in space above them. Prime squints to see the tiny object displayed before him.

"Give me a closer visual Telatran One..."

Prime's command makes the computer enhance the image at twice the size, now it is fully visible and nearly takes up the entire screen. It's dark grey and has a black round eye that protrudes from the base of it. On either side are large solar panels stretched out looking like wings attached to a small bug. Everyone studies it carefully, even Sparkplug who walks over looking at it like the rest of them.

"What the hell is that thing?", Sparkplug inquires.

Prime straightens his back and taps his large gun at the side of his leg, "I don't know...I've never seen that sort of technology before. But it does have some things to it that seem familiar."

Wheeljack confirms that as well, "Yeah...I see some stuff too. But this looks like a combined mish-mash of various other technology as well...in fact...those solar panels are human engineered."

"How can you tell that Wheeljack? You don't even know what our technology looks like.� Sparkplug says to him.

The robot turns around and looks down at him, "I've been looking at your various vehicles and military crafts...it seems to me that this is just as primitive in design as your other technology. Solar panels like these are pretty much old school...oh...uh...sorry...no offence intended."

Sparkplug smiles, "None taken. Your technology is a lot more advanced then our stuff. But it makes me wonder where that thing came from, or more importantly whom it belongs too?"

Optimus Prime stood there staring at the object on the monitor, "I don't know Sparkplug, but it does explain the fact why we can't communicate with Bumblebee and Spike. Nothing beyond this mountain area can send or receive transmissions of any kind. Almost as if...as if someone wants us keep our scanners away from something...or someplace."

Ratchet leans back on the computer console and thinks about it, "You know Prime, ever since we got here those humans in the dark clothes have been keeping us here for some reason. I get the feeling they don't want us out of this region. Maybe I'm being too paranoid about this..."

Ironhide over heard the conversation as he steps into the room and voices his own opinion, "Paranoid nothin'! I think those humans are trying to stop us from getting rid of the Decepticons! Maybe they don't want to be our allies...maybe they want to join up with Megatron and become just as powerful!!"

Optimus Prime shook his head, "No Ironhide...I doubt very highly that’s their intentions. They seem rather bent on destroying the Deceptcions as much as we do."

"Pardon me Optimus...� Sparkplug interjects, "But I think I know what their real intentions are."

Prime looks down at Sparkplug as he explains, "Think about it for a second. You guys are advanced cybernetic life forms, with technology we could only dream about.... sounds to me like Connors and the rest are trying to keep it for themselves. I'm ashamed to admit it myself...but there are some people in this world that will do just about anything to have superior technology...or even weapons."

Wheeljack's eyes light up with realization, "Of course! They want our weapons! It all makes sense...they didn't want to wake us up...that was an accident! What they wanted to do was steal our technology, our bodies, even our weapons and use it for themselves! Diabolical!"

Ironhide clenched his fist and shook it in anger, "Why those thievin' little punks!! You see Optimus? You can't trust these humans at all! They're secretive, two faced, war hungry primitives!"

"Yes...but doesn't that sound familiar to you Ironhide?� Prime rebuttals, "We do the exact same thing on our planet, we've had secrets from one another, we've spied, waged war and even stolen technology and weapons from both sides. It seems that every world has its duality, those that look for the good and those who seek out to do evil. Who are we to judge these people when we ourselves are no better then they. I am disturbed by the fact the humans are trying to keep us contained here...but something in my spark told me that I've suspected their intentions all along. We must remember that not all humans are bad, Sparkplug, Spike and the others we've had here helping us have taken great risks to befriend us in the name of peace and cooperation. This should be our goal, to make human kind understand that we come not to war and rule their world...but to be their friends and help guide each other to find peace."

Ironhide crosses his arms and hangs his head, "Speeches are one thing Optimus...action is another. Ok...maybe not all humans are bad. But the ones holding us back aren't helping matters any either..."

Outside the mountain, just beyond the area boundary, Bumblebee, Hound and Cliffjumper are racing towards the ship at breakneck speed. As they come closer to checkpoint, they notice no one is guarding it anymore, no soldiers, and no skeleton crew, just the odd workers from Sparkplug's construction group. They continue to speed by them all as they race up the hillside towards the ship's entrance. Carly gazes at the whole thing and wonders what is going on.

"Spike? What...what is all this...where are we going?"

Spike sighs and finally confesses to her about everything, "Uh...Carly. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it wasn't my fault...I was given instructions not to tell, but it all seems kinda pointless now. The construction job I was working on found this buried ship in the mountain, these cars we're riding in aren't from around here if you get my meaning..."

Carly's eyes lit up as she took in what he was trying to say, "You...mean.... I.... I was right??"

"You bet your ass you were.... The military tried to keep a lid on all of this, but from the looks of things they're on their way to fight the evil monsters we left back there. There's a lot to explain Carly...just know that the cars we're riding in right now are our friends."

Carly saw the large ship entrance approach as Bumblebee quickly drove up and into it, looking on either side, she realized nobody was driving in the vehicles beside theirs, even Spike wasn't even steering the car as they went racing down the long alien corridor. She slightly giggled at the sheer wonder of it all, Spike couldn't help but grin at seeing her face. It was refreshing to him to have someone else share his amazement of all of it, Carly wasn't like any girl he met before, if he had taken any of the women from his past, they would have freaked out and tried to get away from all of this as much as possible. Spike looked out the windshield in front as Bumblebee and the others approached the bridge, Carly looked over at Spike as he gazed out, he had pegged this young guy all-wrong. Here she thought this was just some stupid pig headed twit she's had to deal with time and time again. Always meeting men that were more interested in their cars and their own egos then anyone else. She's even had to put up with a lot of sexism; guys usually don't see her intelligence, only her blonde hair thinking she's a typical dumb blonde. She knew she'd have to apologies to Spike for acting so hostile to him, but as she began to mouth the words to him, they entered into the large room where Optimus and the others all stood. Hound and Cliffjumper stopped and transformed into their robot modes. Bumblebee also stopped and opened both doors for the two humans inside to get out of him. Carly and Spike eased their way out and as soon as they were clear of him, Bumblebee transformed.

"Where in the name of Primus have you all been?", Optimus Prime demanded.

Bumblebee gasped as if he was out of breath, "Sorry Prime...but we've got a situation here! Megatron just destroyed a town full of humans!"

"What?!� Ironhide bellowed

Hound saluted his leader and gave his report, "Sir, the Decepticons have engaged the human settlements, they were slaughtering the poor people by the hundreds! We were outnumbered by them so we came back here to get reinforcements...we kept trying to reach you but for some reason we couldn't get through!"

Optimus Prime clenched his fist, "Megatron! Only he would be so cowardly to attack innocent civilians...the monster!"

"Enough chatting guys! What are ya going to do?! Come on.... People are dying by the hundreds!!� Spike screamed out.

Sparkplug ran over and held on to his son, "My god! Are you alright? They didn't hurt you did they?"

He pushed his father away from him and began screaming, "Leave me alone! People are dying out there Dad! We don't have time for any of this.... we have to do something! Where the hell is the army? Agent Connors? Where are they all?"

Sparkplug was shocked by his son's reaction, but then realized where the military was heading, "Spike...I.... oh...Oh my god, that's where they went too...they know where they are! They're going to try to take on the Deceptions!"

Spike tries to come to grips with the situation, "Optimus Prime please help us! You don't know what it was like to see them vaporized in front of our eyes.... God! You have to tell them to back off...they'll be killed...all of them!"

Prime tries to explain to Spike, "You're mister Connors was rather insistent that we not get involved, he told us that they had some sort of 'resource' at their disposal.... what that means I have no idea..."

Carly snapped out of her gaze, looking at all of the large Autobots around her was quite intimidating, but when Optimus Prime mentioned about the secret, she remembered a very important thing.

"You mean Project N?"

Optimus looked at her confused, "I beg your pardon?"

Nervously and still shaking from it all, she explains what she means, "There was a mention about a secret covert operation on the internet...uhm.... on a information network dedicated to revealing hidden secrets if you will.... some person named Phoenix was trying to expose a government conspiracy. This guy called Phoenix started a big website devoted to the project and anything connected to it, he must have been one hell of a hacker because the stuff he would put up was highly classified secret government documents. Phoenix would chat on and on about how it was bigger then anyone could dream of, alien technology, daily misinformation’s to throw him off, and even mysterious air traffic coming in and out of Area 51."

The Autobot leader listened intently, "What else can you tell me about all this..."

Carly sighed, "Not much more really...Phoenix just up and disappeared from the net. No one has heard from him for nearly over two and a half years. Prime...I think our government is going to do something...well...something really stupid. Spike is right...we have to stop this right now."

Optimus nods, "Stupid is the very word I was searching for.... But I agree, we must help. Ironhide...alert the others, it's time for action."

Ironhide smiles, runs over to a large red button on the wall and presses it.

"Now we're talkin'! Let's go get these guys!"

The loud horn noise and flashing red light fills the room, Carly looks down the ship's corridor and sees a flood of robots running towards the room. All of the Autobots come running in, they immediately line up in a row and await Prime's command.

"Autobots! The humans have launched an attack against the Decepticons; brave as they are...they will not last long. It's up to us to stop Megatron from wiping this species out, he's already managed to kill many so far...I'm sure the human body count is about to get much higher if we don't intervene. I will not stand by and let this world be destroyed from Megatron's lust for power and conquest. Cybertron will not be his...nor shall Earth! Are you with me?!"

The Autobot soldiers all salute and give him a unified reply, "Yes Sir!!"

Prime looks over at Huffer, a dense orange and blue colored robot, his head looks built into the back part of his body that resembles a truck's cab. Huffer has a metal grey face with blue eyes and his arms look like they are smoke stacks from his truck cab alternate form. A small mini-transformer like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, but Huffer can be just as tough as the larger Autobots around him. Prime walks over and speaks to him.

"Huffer, I want you and Wheeljack to stay behind. We'll need someone to guard the ship and continue repairs to Telatran One."

Huffer's mouth drops, "But...but Prime! I don't want to sit here and play nursemaid to the computer! I'm a fighter Optimus, not an engineer! Besides, your going to need all the help you can muster!"

"Look Huffer, I don't have time to debate this with you. Wheeljack needs to have Telatran One back online in full working order and this place is vulnerable until it's been repaired. I need you here...end of discussion."

The orange robot sulks but obeys his leader, "Oooh...alright, if I must.... Give them hell Autobots!"

Optimus Prime steps back and raises his voice to them all, "Autobots, Transform! "

Bumblebee instantly transforms back into his yellow Volkswagen Beatle mode, Windcharger converts into a dark red and grey-bottomed Mazda MX-5 Miata, and Brawn turns himself into a Land Rover Range Rover, army green in color with yellow trim around the bottom of him. Beside them stands Prowl who transforms into a black and white Porsche 911 Turbo Police Cruiser, then Bluestreak converts into a sliver/blue polished Subaru Impreza WRX STi, and then the Mini robot Gears transforms into blue, red and grey colored Smart Roadster-Coupe. Following their transformations, Hound returns to his army green Hummer mode again, Sideswipe transforms into his super sleek hot red Lamborghini Diablo GT, and his good buddy Sunstreaker converts into the doubly impressive yellow Pagani Zonda C12 S Hardtop Roadster with chrome polished rims and spoiler. Smokescreen stepped back and transformed into a BMW E46 M3 GTR with a large aerodynamic spoiler on the back, his decorative blue, white and red color scheme splashed all over his body with rally stickers and numbers detailing his whole frame. Ironhide transforms into a red Volkswagen Eurovan and Ratchet coverts himself into a European designed white Renault Ambulance, with large Red Cross icons on either side of him. Sparkplug hops into Jazz as he transforms into the rally version of a Sportec 996 GT2 SP650, complete with two parallel blue stripes running down from the top of his trunk to the tip of his hood. As they all sit there revving their engines, Optimus Prime looks over at them all, gazing at their new forms with pride, he places his large black cannon of a gun into an opening section of his leg and automatically retracts it back in. The large Autobot leader walks to the front of the line of his sleek car robots and transforms himself. He converts into a modern built tractor trailer, the red cab is square with the chrome grill flush to duel windshield sitting above it, and the long trailer behind is grey with long blue stripe decals that run to the very back. The Autobot symbol proudly sits on the side of either side of his trailer, almost like a bold graphic advertisement slapped on to promote his affiliation. Carly and Spike clime into Optimus Prime and sit back as they prepare to ride out with them all, Prime revs his engine and smoke billows out of his large chrome exhausts on either side of his cab form.

"Roll Out!!� the leader shouts out to his convoy of Autobot soldiers.

Leading the way, Optimus zooms out of the ship as the others quickly follow behind. Speeding out of the ship and racing down the mountainside, the mass of cars all make their way to the paved highway at the end of the valley. Huffer watches them drive off into the distance, nothing but a large cloud of dust trailing off outward. Wheeljack, standing behind him, pats the orange mini transformer on the shoulder.

"Come on Huffer, we've got some repairing to do."

Huffer sighs, "I battled through the streets of Iacon, survived a crash a million years later.... all just to sit on my butt to tinker with a computer."

Wheeljack laughs and walks back into the ship, "Daaah, don't be such a downer, I'm sure they'll be plenty of Decepticons left on Cybertron for you to deal with when we get back."

"Yeah...heh...Yeah! You're right Wheeljack, boy you sure know how to cheer me up!", Huffer says smiling.

As he turns around to walk back inside the ship, the small dark Decepticon minidisk can be seen attached to the underside of his back head. Ravage has jumped from Hound and now sticks to Huffer; the Autobot walks back inside to help his friend without even knowing the Decepticons is stuck to him. Walking back into the bridge, Huffer helps Wheeljack remove a large panel below Telatran One, as he reaches down to lift, Ravage detaches himself from the Autobot and lands into the main computer's disk slot. Both are still unaware of the spy and continue to work on the damaged circuits below. The large screen above them however, seems to be flipping images of the strange satellite they had been looking at before and then quickly turned it off. Wheeljack stood up and looked at the blank monitor, for a moment he thought the screen was on, but shrugged his shoulders and leaned back down to keep fixing the computer.

Agent Connors and Drakemore step off of the large helicopter setting down near the remaining army forces, the other bulky helicopters carrying the secret weapon carefully place it on the ground and release the cables attached to it. The General comes walking out of his command tent and walks over to the two government agents who seem to be instructing their special outfitted troops coming off of the same helicopter they did. The General screams out to them over the loud noise of the choppers, it's almost hard to hear him at first, but Connors soon hears the old man yelling at them.

"You'd better hope this contraption of yours works Mr. Connors...Those robots seem to thrive on carnage! Nothing we seem to throw at them is having any effect. I'm beginning to think Optimus Prime was right...maybe it's time we called them instead?"

Connors stares him down wearing his dark sunglasses, "General, you'll beg my pardon when I say this isn't your decision anymore. I find it hard to believe you'd give up so soon, just proves to me that you’re not the type of leader to command this mission at all!"

"You son of a Starscream!� The General curses at him, "How dare you question me! I just launched every American military resource available at these things and nothing is stopping them! It's going to take more then just our forces to bring them down...hell the whole world will have to launch a war against this menace!"

Drakemore finishes instructing the special troops and walks over to the two men arguing, "We're ready to begin...sorry General, but this time we're going win a war our way."

Connors runs over to the weapon and begins uncovering the thing for all to see. As the canvas drops to the ground, the reaction of the General and all the other soldiers standing near shows awe as it is finally revealed. The large black transport truck with monster sized wheels sits there like a beast waiting to be unleashed, the incredibly huge double barreled cannon sits on top of it's back structure and sticks out ahead of the transport as if it wasn't meant to be part of the vehicle. Just like the strange probe hanging in space above the Ark, it has the same texture and technology wrapped all around it. The thing looks like a giant black nightmare; tinted windows of red surround the side cab at the front of the monster transport, with a built-in ladder on the side to climb up to it. Never has the General, or any other military soldier has ever seen such a marvel, it was hard to imagine such a thing could be kept secret for so long. As the old crusty military leader looks at it more intensely, he notices the weapon sitting on it doesn't even look like it's built by human hands, in fact it looked somewhat alien in design to him. Drakemore stands back with the General and listens to the man rant on to him.

"What is this?!� The General protests, "This is your big secret? And only one?! I've spent thousands of men, vehicles and flung ever arsenal I could to stop these things, and you come here with one weapon? Are you insane?!"

"Calm yourself General. This weapon will definitely end this conflict for good..."

The General laughs, "How can you sit there and be so smug about it? Have you even tested it to find out?"

Drakemore just sighs and flinches his jaw, "Not really.... but there's no time like the present."

"Damn you guys are a piece of work.", the military commander snickers, "You’re gambling on all of our lives with this thing. I seriously think we need to go back and get some help.... we need the Autobots!"

"NO!", Connors yells out to him from the machine, "We don't need their help! We're a goddamn species to be reckoned with, no metal aliens are going to come to our world and try to take over. Autobots or Decepticons...we'll have them all under our control and use the technology to build more weapons just like this. Project N is the best thing to happen to this planet since the invention of fire!"

The old military man takes great concern from those harsh words Connors screamed out, "I thought.... I thought this was Project N? Are you telling me there’s more to this Project?"

The agent smiles, "More than meets the eye my dear General."

That sent a shiver down the military man's spine, but as he feared for humanity from that one simple phrase the crazed agent spat out the roar of the engine began from the transport truck. A low, but powerful hum came out of it. Not the typical noise you'd hear from a combustion engine, it sounded more like a snap of energy whooshing through the air. Connors ran over to the long ladder and climbed up to the dwarf looking cab on top of the massive truck. Inside were two other black suited special soldiers manning computers on the left side and the right side as he climbed in. He took his seat and clamped on the criss-cross seat belt, in front of him was a large computer panel with many buttons that flickered and glowed. Usually a steering wheel would be there as he drove, but this secret weapon didn't seem to require it, a few taps on the flashing icons and the massive transport moved forward at a rather fast speed. The huge tires tore up the dirt and spewed it behind like someone digging their way through the Earth. Riding inside the machine, Connors looked at the entire military force retreating all around him, he was heading straight into the heart of the battle with this new weapon as the others were running for their lives. He kept his eyes forward, but tilted his head back to talk to the man sitting behind him on the other computer.

"Is the weapon charged?"

"We are go sir, weapon is charged and ready at your command!", the soldier says to him.

"Good, raise the weapon and prepare to fire."

The soldier behind him presses a few buttons and outside on the back, the large black weapon raises up off of the truck with a large extended arm. The messy looking collected technology all over it obscures its real shape, but it stretches out from the vehicle and targets a few of the Decepticon jets still attacking the retreating air force above. The computer screen shows the target it's aiming for and locks on to it. Connors looks on the monitor hanging down above his head and has a clear view of Skywarp targeted in red.

"FIRE!"

The black double barrel gun builds up a massive energy surge and quickly sends a parallel streak of blue energy towards the un-suspecting jet. It hits Skywarp and causes a massive explosion on his jet frame; the crippling blow sends the Decepticon hurling across the sky and then dropping like a rock down onto the ground. Thundercracker sees Skywarp fall and turns away from the fleeing convoy of human jets to swoop down and attack the large transport. Connors sees the jet coming in and targets him as well. The weapon fires again and causes the same damage to Thundercracker as it did to Skywarp. As Starscream turns around he watches the hurt jet fling past and just narrowly missing him on his way down to the earth. Connors smiles sitting inside his machine and now points his men to target the air commander next. The computer locks on to the transformed Decepticon and fires again, the look of surprise fills the robot's eyes as the blue energy wave strikes him right in the chest. Megatron, not paying attention to the skirmish, suddenly hears Starscream moaning as he plummets near by. Looking over to where the air commander crashed, he has a confused look on his face and turns around to see the black transport repeatedly shooting at his Decepticon soldiers.

"Now what do we have here.... humans trying to destroy the Decepticons? They shall pay for their treachery!"

•••••••••••••

Optimus Prime and the other Autobots are racing down the paved highway, their speed is fast and constant, but Spike nervously taps away sitting inside the leader, it doesn't seem fast enough for him. Carly sees Spike getting impatient and also becomes antsy.

"Faster.... we must go faster Optimus...", Spike says to him.

"I was just thinking the same thing my friend.", the Autobot leader says in agreement, " Time to kick it into overload. Autobots! Prepare for Trans-boost Drive! "

Behind the massive speeding truck are a parade of flashy Autobot cars, all of them hear the leader's orders and respond to his command appropriately, " Yes, Sir!!"

Hound and Prowl ride side by side, the two cars talk to each other as they prepare to increase their speeds.

"Psst...Hey, Prowl? Where's Mirage? He wasn't in the line up...."

Prowl whispers back to him, "I dunno, haven't seen him for awhile. You don't think he's gone ahead of us do you?"

Hound sighs, "I doubt it, Mirage has a history of disappearing during a battle. Frankly I can't see why Prime even bothered to bring him along. Sounds to me like the guy has yellow spark in him."

"It wouldn’t be the first time an Autobot has chickened out. There were a lot back during the war, many took off to escape being drafted. Maybe…Maybe Mirage has lost his nerve again…�, the black and white police Porsche says in a disappointed tone.

The red mini Autobot, Cliffjumper hears their conversation from behind and speaks out, "Mirage ain't no coward! So pipe down there you chatty bots!"

Hound tries to quiet the nosey red mini car, "Shhhh...Pipe down yourself there Cliffjumper! Ok then, if you don't think he's a coward then just where the heck is he then huh?"

Cliffjumper remains silent for a second and grumbles, "Uhm.... well...he could be.... Ah who knows! Maybe your right...maybe he did sit this one out."

"Face it guys...some Autobots are assembled fighters, some are just recycled cowards.", Prowl calmly states to them both.

Cliffjumper revs up his engine and prepares to increase his speed, "Where did you hear that stupid phrase? You know, Kup would really lay into you for making that remark. Just be glad he isn't here to yell at you!"

The black and white Porsche revs its engine, "Shut up Cliffjumper!"

Optimus Prime raises his voice again to all of them, "Autobots.... Begin Trans-boost Drive.... NOW!"

A sudden green glow appears all around each vehicle and as they all glow the whole caravan of them blur and warp down the roadway in a blink of an eye. The entire asphalt becomes super heated and glows, the only thing left visible on the highway is white-hot tire marks streaking down the road. Multiple sonic booms can be heard in the distance as the Autobots race towards the conflict that can be seen just at the horizon. Large billows of smoke and fire are rising up in the distance, almost like the reign of hell is stirring up down there.

••••••••••••••••

The army continues retreating back towards the main campsite, the General sees the extent of the damage as the soldiers pour back in; the losses are heavy. Drakemore stands a few feet away from him and keeps his binoculars focused on his friend's progress out in the battle field, its as if he couldn't care less about the wounded and dying coming right past him. As the military commander walks back to his small outpost tent, he can hear a faint sound getting louder and as he looks over to see the direction it's coming from, Optimus Prime and the other Autobots appear in a flash of neon green light. Each one comes streaking out right behind Optimus Prime and begin to slow down as they approach the area. The General didn't know whom these vehicles belonged to or even that they were the Autobots, he had never seen them all in there vehicle modes, he instantly thought this was more of Connors secret weapons coming to help him out. As he and a few soldiers walked over to the lead tractor trailer coming to a stop, they were surprised to see Spike and a woman get out of it.

"Spike? What the hell are you doing here?", the General demanded.

Spike and Carly walked away from the red cab and demanded information out of him.

"What's going on? Did you save the town? Are the people ok?", Spike yelled in a panic.

Suddenly the truck they were riding in began to make a sound; it rose up and began to unfold sections of its body. Soon the large robotic figure of Optimus Prime stood over all of them, and behind him, the other Autobots also returned to their robot forms as well. The old military commander was taken back by it, fearing they had come to do harm. But as the surrounding soldiers took aim of their weapons, Prime spoke out and stretched out his hand.

"Hold your fire! We've come to help!"

Drakemore comes running over and screams at the Autobot leader, "We don't need your help Optimus Prime! We've got the situation under control, our weapon is working perfectly and will be rid of these alien monsters once and for all."

Carly looks right at the man in the dark suit and sunglasses, "What about the town? Where are all the people?"

"We couldn't save them in time miss, but they won't go unpunished for what they've done.", the agent says to her coldly.

Spike and Carly grasp each other in comfort, all their efforts to bring help had failed, now things had become much worst. They gazed over at the human casualties, the crushed arsenal of the military and the retreating soldiers. Hope it seemed was becoming ever more distant to the two of them, the only ones to stop this madness now were the Autobots.

"Uh.... Prime? You might want to have a look at this.", a gruff voice said to him.

Looking down he saw Brawn gazing outward to the battle, his eyes were slightly sticking out and glowing bright blue, in his vision he can see the Decepticons trying to destroy the transport truck with the weapon on it. Prime raised his head in the direction also and his eyes began to glow a bright blue as well. Each transformer has the ability to use their eyes as an electro-telescopic viewer, a way to magnify their sight in order to see over vast distances. Prime's sight had a clear image of the weapon Connors and Drakemore had provided, the texture and design looked very similar to him, in fact it almost looked like the strange satellite hanging in Earth's orbit. He watched the weapon fire massive energy blasts at the Decepticons, it was far more powerful then any weapon he had seen humans use so far and far more advanced then anything they could produce.

"I see it.", Optimus calmly stated. "The Decepticons are having a hard time stopping it and now...it looks like they're trying to make way for Megatron."

"The fools!� Ironhide screams within earshot of Optimus, "They don't know who they're messing with!"

Drakemore laughs, "He won't be a problem...so far we've managed to wipe out a good number of their forces. This...Megatron will be just as easy to dispose of."

The Autobot leader's eyes stop glowing and he looks down at the small human, "No Drakemore.... it’s about to get a whole lot worst."

Out in the demolished ruins of the small town, Megatron stares down the on coming black vehicle, Decepticons are being shot left, right and center as each one goes hurling by the leader. The Constructicons try to block the path of the transport truck heading straight in, but also get caught in the massive energy blasts as it takes each one of them out. Starscream manages to regain consciousness and stands behind the leader who doesn't even budge as the shot reign past his head. The air commander holds his head and tries to shake off the deadly blow that was given to him.

"Megatron...what...what happened? Where did those creatures get such a weapon?!"

The Decepticon leader's eyes glowed a bright red as he watched the transport coming closer and closer.

"I don't know.... but I will not be defeated by inferior creatures that use weapons they do not understand!"

Megatron back flips in the air and transforms into his sliver polished berretta eight-millimeter hand gun mode, Starscream skillfully catches him and holds him like any other weapon given to him. The Decepticon laughs at Megatron's form, the once mighty leader that became a massive energy cannon was now a mere hand gun.

"This is your new form? Bah-ahahahaha! Oooh how the mighty have fallen...", Starscream continually laughs.

"Silence you fool!� The gun speaks out loud, "I do not enjoy taking this weak, human-made form of weapondary, but for now just do your job and take them out!!"

Starscream smirks, "As you command.... mighty Megatron."

The air commander outstretches his arm and aims the weapon at the transport Connors is riding in. On the monitor inside the firing transport, Connors calmly chuckles at the sight of Megatron's transformation.

"This is the leader of a dangerous group of Robots? Bah! He'd be lucky if it did any damage at all.... keep firing! These guys are almost finished!!"

Starscream holds his finger in the trigger and presses it back; a large red surge of power builds inside Megatron's long silencer attachment and releases a huge blast of energy that lights up the entire area. The streak of power hits the transport and explodes a few of its large front wheels. Inside the transport's cockpit, the men all shake about from it's deadly blow, the truck crashes down to the ground as it no longer has any front support and begins to slide along the dirt. A second shot from Megatron causes the vehicle to flip in the air as the explosion rips into the armored transport like a knife. It rolls along the ground, flipping, twisting and finally resting on its side. Victorious in the strikes, Megatron leaps out of Starscream's hand and returns to his robotic form. The leader gives an evil smile as he views the results, it seems that his smaller form is still as powerful as his old cannon form. But the thought of having to have someone hold him to attack is very un-appealing to him, it means that he will now have a weakness he did not have before, and he despises weakness in any shape or form. The human transport now lay in ruins, smoldering and set on fire, helpless as any other human craft they've attacked so far.

"I did it! I defeated the humans greatest weapon!!� Starscream rejoices.

Megatron quickly turns around, "What do you mean you? I am the one who crushed them!"

"Not quite Megatron. For it was I who took aim and fired on them.... I should be hailed as the hero!"

Megatron shook his fist at the air commander, very close to his face, "But it was I that gave you that opportunity Starscream! I am the weapon you welded to make this a success.... and I am the leader of the Decepticons not you!"

Starscream becomes a bit threatened by the leader's anger towards him and gives him his praise, "Y-y-yes Megatron...You are the one that defeated them. I...I was mistaken."

"I will only give you three warnings from now on Starscream.... consider this mistake number one. Questioning my leadership, I will have no more of it!", the leader says to the cowering robot.

Starscream nods and backs away, Megatron walks over to the crippled vehicle and stands over it. Inside the damaged and slightly crushed cockpit, Connors and the other soldiers struggle to get out. The Decepticon leader bends down and picks up the front end, the men inside can feel the vehicle being lifted up and see a pair of red eyes peering in at them through the damaged windows.

"Which one of you is responsible for this stupidity?", the leader demands.

Bleeding and trying to free his leg from the metal pinning it down, Connors speaks out to the creature.

"I am.... I...I demand that you surrender now, in the name of the people of the Earth! Anymore attempts to harm our kind and you shall.... you shall suffer dearly."

Megatron chuckles calmly, "Such arrogance...You humans truly are as dumb as you look. Persist with me creature and I will make sure this planet dead by the time I leave it."

Connors smirks, "Well see who takes out whom robot...You don't know who you're messing with."

"Nor do you...� the evil leader squints, "Soundwave!!"

The minidisk-carrying robot stands up and shakes his head as he regroups himself, "Yes...Megatron?"

"Dispatch Laserbeak at once."

Soundwave nods, "As you command.... Laserbeak, eject!"

He presses the button on his top chest and the window compartment flips open, Laserbeak launches out in minidisk form and unfolds into his mechanical bird form. Laserbeak flies over to Megatrons left arm and attaches himself to it. The Decepticon leader smiles and positions his arm up to keep the bird level.

"Ahh, Laserbeak...I have a new task for you...retrieve and fly up."

The cybertronian bird squawks and flaps over to the transport cockpit, with its gripping robotic bird like feet, it rips open the cab top. The men scream inside as the bird cuts it open like tin, soon the foot reaches in and picks up Connors tightly. He yells in pain as he could feel a few ribs breaking from the Decepticons crushing grip, Laserbeak takes him and flies straight up into the air. As the bird reaches a certain height, it stops and hovers as it awaits Megatron's order as Connors strains to hear the Decepticon leader talk.

"Now human...", Megatron chuckles, "Tell me exactly where you acquired that bit of technology. Tell me now...and I might just spare your hide for the time being."

Connors was nearly passing out from the pain, but struggling to stay conscious, he refused to answer the question, "Drop Dead Robot!!"

"You first...", the leader smirked, "Laserbeak.... release him!"

The Decepticon bird opened its toes and the man began to drop down to the ground, he screamed in terror as he was falling to his death. A hand gesture from the evil leader sent the bird streaking down to pick up the man again, as it caught him, Laserbeak once again returned to the same height. Megatron once again chuckled at the human and shouted to the frightened Connors again.

"Gravity is a harsh mistress flesh creature! Now this is your last warning.... where did you get that weapon from?"

Connors, crying and slightly bleeding from his mouth, shook his head and refused, "Never...I'll never tell you. Scaring me won't make me talk.... nothing will!"

Megatron frowns, "So be it. Laserbeak....drop him again."

Once again the bird lets go and Connors falls to the ground, the man doesn’t scream this time, he thinks the Decepticon leader will command the alien bird to pick him up yet again. But Megatron lifts up his large arm cannon and targets the human, as Connors falls to Earth, his face fills with dread as he hears Megatron’s final words to him.

"I despise humans!!"

Megatron shoots his arm cannon and the large energy blast vaporizes the agent in mid-air. All that can be heard over the area is the man's blood curling scream as the energy cooks his body into ash. Megatron glances down at the armored transport again and looks at the other two frightened soldiers inside.

"Laserbeak, prepare to retrieve another for target practice..."

"Target on this Megatron!� a booming familiar voice yells out to him.

As the Decepticon leader looks up, a blue energy blast strikes the leader down and makes him collapse to the ground. As the leader looks up, he sees his old enemy running towards him with his fellow soldiers, Optimus Prime and the Autobots. Stopping at a distance, Optimus Prime points to the fallen leader and points his weapon.

"No! It...It can't be! You're Dead!!� Megatron yells in a panic stricken tone.

Prime squints his eyes, "You wish Megatron."

Decepticon leader stands up in disbelief; his greatest foe wasn't left for dead in the Ark, but is now standing there ready to fight him once more. Megatron sees his evil warrior brood rebuilding around him again, all of them fully recovered and standing ready to fight behind him.

"Decepticons! Attaaaaaaack!!!"

End of Chapter Eight

I've altered a few characters transformations and vehicle modes just to give it a bit of creative license....Starscream needs to be something impressive and unique. While this is trying to be faithful to the original...it's just an updated look to many of them.

Chapter Nine – The Autobots Vs.The Deceptions

Megatron's cry for battle sets the mood for the Autobots and Decepticons as they begin to open fire at one another, ducking for cover, Prowl, Brawn and Cliffjumper shoot at Soundwave, Rumble and Frenzy. All three Decepticons weren’t ready for such a swift attack and desperately fired back at the group of Autobots that were managing to damage them. Starscream fires away at the various enemies and begins to fly up into the air with his other jet commandos.

"Skywarp, Thundercracker! Transform and attack!"

The three covert into their jet modes and begin to swoop in at the Autobots, all of whom do their best to dodge the multiple shots raining down. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe transform into their vehicle modes and race towards the many cloned duplicates of Reflector, their headlights retract in and soon reveal a pair of pulse blasters pointing outward. They shoot away at the clones and cause each one to decay and fall apart onto the ground. Reflector's clone drones are nothing more then nanotech-constructs that literally have no real substance. A special form of electromagnetism, holds them together solid to the touch and even as strong as the originals, but they lack a brain. The technology to achieve this replication took millions of years, just like the resizing and dimensional portal technology they all currently possess. Autobots and Decepticons have the ability to hide their extra parts or attachments into special pockets of time and space. Various forms of technology that has been the core of their civilization since the dawn of their creation, while some would question where it all goes or how it happens, the Cybertronians wouldn't think twice of it, much like any human would question folding a piece of paper and putting into their pockets. Reflector's clones are only temporary extra soldiers; once they are no longer needed they are re-absorbed back into Reflector until the next time. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe have a ball shooting down each one, for them it's not only target practice, but also a competition between them.

"Four...Five.... Six...hey I'm beating you here Sunstreaker!!� Sideswipe laughs as the shoots.

Sunstreaker takes out a few he missed and moans, "Give me a break will ya Sideswipe...I don't want to ruin my new look. This dirt is murder on my paint job!"

Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp all fly down low as they shoot at the Autobots on the ground, lasers blasting and rockets being fired, they almost clear the way as they nearly touch the ground and head straight up for the sky again. Bluestreak and Smokescreen rise from the smoke and dust the jets disturbed and nod to each other as if they both know what to do next. Together they leap into the air and clamp onto both Thundercracker and Skywarp, Bluestreak holds on tight as he tries to bring down the F-18 Blue Angel Decepticon jet and Smokescreen bashes the butt of his gun down onto the hull of the Black F-22 Raptor.

"Your flight has been cancelled boys! Time to be grounded back into reality!� Smokescreen yelps atop of Skywarp.

Bluestreak holds on tight to Thundercracker and laughs, "Looks like we got ya by the nosecone Decepti-jerks!"

“Get off of me you little twerp!�, The Blue F-18 yells at the Autobot.

The weight of them causes the planes to crash into the ground, both Autobots flip off gracefully as they avoid the impact and touch back onto the ground with relative ease. Both give a smile and raise their thumbs up in approval at each other's accomplishments. Hound and Bumblebee are surrounded by the Constructicons as they try to ram the two lone Autobots. Hound fires his shoulder missile and causes three of them to get damaged, the mini-bot Bumblebee fires his hand held weapon at the charging Scrapper as he tries to take the small robot down.

"You think you can harm me you tiny dot! I'll steamroll you to oblivion!� the Constructicon leader shouts to the small yellow Autobot.

Hound looks over and sees Bumblebee is in grave danger; he activates his shoulder hologram projector and makes Bumblebee look as if he's growing five times his size. Scrapper halts in his tracks as he sees the robot growing and becomes startled by the trick Hound is creating. Bumblebee realizes what his Autobot friend is doing and plays it for all it's worth.

"Sooo I'm a dot am I? ", the yellow robot aims his now large looking weapon at the green front scooping construction vehicle and watches the Decepticon reverse fast as he screams in fear.

As the Decepticon moves backward, Gears comes up from behind and fires his weapon at him. The explosion creates a crater and the green Constructicon falls in.

"Gaaaahhhh!� Scrapper screams as he drops in.

Gears pats his weapon with pride, "Heeheh, just like old times...nothing beats the RTB-05 pulse rifle."

Jazz, the white Sportec 996 GT2 SP650 with two dark blue stripes streaked across his top vehicle mode, drives wildly through the battle and keeps a close speed with Starscream above him. As he finally sees air commander turning to attack him on the ground, he quickly transforms into his robot mode and aims his all-white hand weapon at the incoming jet. In his blue visor like eye, he gets a target lock on the rapid firing Decepticon and smirks at him.

"Starscream...this number one hit is just for you man!"

His finger pulls the trigger and a bright blue laser goes streaking up towards the air commander, it impacts on his right wing and causes the Decepticon to spiral and flip out of control. Almost hitting the ground, Starscream quickly pulls up and recovers from the near fatal crash. He climbs up back to the sky and transforms in the sky.

"You'll have to do better then that Autobot! Have a taste of my Null Rays you waste of metal!"

The Decepticon rapidly fires his two side arm cannons at the slick looking Jazz, who dives to the ground and rolls as each blast just nearly misses him. Spinning back around, the white and black looking Autobot holds up his weapon and continues to fire at the ballistic hovering Decepticon.

"A little too bland for my taste Starscream...have some of my Jazz-tastic blaster shots to kick it up a notch! BAM!"

On the other side of the battle, Optimus Prime shoots away at Megatron from a fair distance, and the evil leader stands there doing the same. Each shot is just narrowly missing one another; the red energy blasts rushing by Prime's head and the blue streaks of the Autobot leader's weapon just skimming off of Megatron's shoulder. The two continue to scream out to one another as the battle heats up.

"I don't know how you managed to survive Prime...But I'm going to make sure you stay dead this time!"

Prime laughs in a smug tone, "You're beginning to sound like a broken data rod Megatron...always skipping to the same phony line. Guess that crash damaged your brain more than you thought...or...have you always been broken?"

The Decepticon leader screamed in anger from Optimus's insult and lowered his arm cannon. Instead he rushed over, kicked Optimus Prime's gun out of his hand and tackled the Autobot leader to the ground. The evil leader pummeled his fists into Prime's face and chest, like a wild man gone mad; he kept thumping into the Autobot leader as he screamed.

"I'll show you broken Optimus!! You're kind is extinct! Deleted! Demolished! And now you and the remaining Autobots will be the final scrap heaps to do away with!!"

Hearing Megatron's rant and grating crazed laugh put Optimus in a most foul mood, the punches were hard enough to feel, but hearing him spew off that his kind were finished gave him the strength to counterstrike. Prime managed to bring his arm up, clench his fist hard and gave Megatron a side belt across the face that flung him into the air. The evil leader crashed a few feet way from Prime, but as he rose holding his jaw, he looked over and saw the Autobot leader running over to him. A swift kick to the gut from Optimus Prime caused Megatron to fly up into the air again and come crashing down onto his back. The evil leader could feel the pain being sent to his various internal workings, Optimus Prime was always a strong opponent, and no one else had ever come close to actually harming him before. And as he looked up to see the Autobot ready to continue the fight, Megatron rose up and acted like it didn't even hurt him. Weakness, he never wanted to show it, not to his men, not to himself and certainly not in front of inferior flesh creatures who have been trying to destroy him. As he was about to take a step, Optimus Prime called out to him.

"Megatron!! Stop! Don't move...� Prime screamed out in a worried tone.

Megatron was confused, he stood there with leg arched and his foot dangling, as he looked down below it, he saw what Optimus Prime was so worried about. A wounded human soldier laid there unable to get out of the way of their brawl, bleeding and in need of medical attention, the poor man was helpless as the shadow of Megatron's foot was cast over him. Megatron smiled and gave a chuckle at Prime's foolish compassion. There it was again, weakness, Optimus Prime always has a soft spot for lesser life forms and any other non-Cybertronian life for that matter. The Decepticon leader always knew that would be Prime's downfall, these humans were the perfect leverage for him to exploit the Autobot's sense of compassion.

"Why? Why should I or you for that matter be concerned for such weak little things?"

"Megatron...don't do it...I'm warning you.� Prime says to him in a threatening manner.

"Warn me?! How about this Optimus...You back off from me or I'll crush this pathetic human and any others laying around the area!"

Megatron looked out across the plains of the battle-ravaged area, he saw numerous humans all still moving about and trying to get back to the main campsite. The Decepticons that were fighting the other Autobots all had one near by each of them, so Megatron smiled again and called out to them all.

"Decepticons! Cease-fire!! Fine a human and prepare to shoot it or crush it under your foot!!!"

Optimus looked around and was surprised to see that all did as they were instructed; each Decepticon soldier ended the weapons fire at the Autobots and targeted the humans near by. The jets transformed back onto the ground and aimed their weapons, while others still standing around made ready to step on them just like Megatron was. The Autobot leader had to stop his men from attacking or else the humans would be hurt.

"Autobots!! Hold your fire!! Nobody attack them!"

The Autobots did as they were told as well; they all kept their weapons poised at the various Decepticons, but saw the helpless Earthlings being threatened by each evil robot soldier. It looked like a stand off, nobody was moving at all, but everyone was eyeing the other. Prime turned back to Megatron and saw the grinning monster looking straight through him.

"Sooo, you have a weakness after all Prime. You actually care for these beings? And to think I always believed you'd do whatever it takes to bring me down, but now I see your no better then any other leader before you."

Optimus kept his eyes right on Megatron, "This is between you and I Megatron, how many worlds have perished from your lack of respect for life? Preserving life is no weakness; it is a strength that is well beyond your comprehension. There's no need to harm these poor beings..."

The Decepticon leader laughs, "Oh Prime you idiot! Look around you...see what these beings have done to themselves already. They war as we do, but they lack the intelligence to control what they create, that weapon over there is a direct example why these...things...shouldn't be allowed to live! They are a menace to be wiped out...just like you and all the Autobots. You're weak, just like all these other flesh creatures, Cybernetic beings are the true rulers of the universe.... everything else is ours to do as we please. Whole galaxies at our disposal and you worry about the puny lives of stupid creatures? Cybertronains are much more advanced, why don't you see our greatness for what it is? How many times have I seen you Autobots lower yourselves to inferior factions, being gentle and merciful to other creatues other then your own kin. I would have embraced you as brothers if you had only seen the true potential and joined our side, to live as we should, to be the dominant life and all of them as our slaves!"

Optimus Prime shook his head, "I would have welcomed all of you to ours as well, Primus wanted all of us to live in harmony, to live as one speices of Cybertron and expand our horizons as we journey through the stars...but not at the expense of other life forms. What you want is chaos and tyranny...That is not what we were ment for. You've become too power hungry, too decedent, too set in your evil ways and I fear that in the end...Cybertron will pay the ultimate price for it. No Megatron...your twisted slant on Primus's teachings is not how we should go about. He wanted us to communicate peace, understanding, compassion.... for that is what will bring us all back as one."

"Really Prime.... you speeches are so overdone it makes me wonder how you ever became leader of your kind. And I'm bored of it. I swear to you I will kill all of these beings if you do not leave right now and not return here again! If I so much as see a vehicle of any sort...I will kill every last one of them!"

The human under Megatron's foot is scared and nervously looking over at the giant Autobot, in the human's eyes he can see the terror of losing his life. Optimus Prime always has to make split decisions, war is nothing but full of those split decisions and even though this will be a major set back to their cause, it is the right decision to make...life...all and any life is too precious to be wasted like this. The Matrix of Leadership would not have chosen him if he didn't respect such life, all leaders that carry it need that wisdom and moral ethic if they are to be the destined leader of the Autobots and Cybertron. But over the millions of years, the Decepticons have reshaped it's meaning to what they believe is right, why should they bow to other races? They are the pinnacle of sentient life...all life should bow to them.

"Give me your word Megatron....", Prime sighs under his breath, "You won't harm any of them if we leave you alone here."

The evil leader folds his arms as he still stands there ready to crush the man below his foot, "I will at least give you that honor...one warrior to another. I shall promise not a hair on their tiny inferior heads will be harmed if you leave this area and never come back."

Everyone around the battlefield awaits Prime's response, Decepticons, Autobots and even the humans sitting helpless listen to hear what Optimus Prime will say back. Once again the Autobot leader sighs with failure.

"Then...we shall do as you ask. But know this Megatron...the battle is not over yet, one way or another we will end this once and for all."

"I don't think so Prime...I intend to keep these humans around until our ship is complete, as a reassurance that you will not interfere. And tell those foolish human soldiers that as well...no more surprises or they will feel my wraith!", the Decepticon leader says clenching his fist.

Optimus Prime stood erect and raised his hand, "Autobots! Transform and....and....Retreat."

The shock in every Autobot soldier's face was precious to the Decepticons; a big defeat for their sworn enemies and all it took was a threat to step on some stupid humans. Victory was very, very sweet to them all. Transforming back into his tractor-trailer, Optimus Prime led the others back out with him. Each Autobot transformed and slowly left the area, the last one to leave was Bumblebee and as he looked back he could see the many disappointed faces of each wounded human soldier they were leaving behind. The image was burned into his mind and couldn't help but feel ashamed of what they were doing, but then again, he didn't know what else to do. Transforming into his yellow beetle mode, he continued off into the distance with Prime and the others. Megatron watched with delight, lowering his foot away from the human and laughing in his usual maniacal tone.

Unknown to all parties, high above in space orbiting the Earth, the strange satellite peered down on their location. The black orb-like eye on the bottom of it seemed to be almost staring down like a shark viewing its prey at a distance. Somewhere in a secret location, a man in total shadow watches the everything being viewed on the various monitors in front of him, some have still images of both Optimus Prime and Megatron in a profile look, while the main large screen in the center watches the entire battle area as it happens. The chair he is sitting in is dark and wide, so much so it would be hard to make out who is in it as you see it from behind. The whole surrounding room he's in is dark and shadowy; no real depth to it can be made out as the darkness covers everything around him. One light source from above shines down like a spotlight, and as mysterious man watches the screens a male voice speaks beside him.

"Sir it's the President...he wants to know if launching the nuclear weapons will be a good idea at this point and time.", the low calm male voice states to the person in the chair.

The shrouded figure's hand appears from the concealed view and presses a button on the side of it. A panel of built in buttons are sitting on the side arm all flashing red and green, as he taps one of the buttons a quick snap of sound fills the room. The man in the chair can be heard after the low toned beeping noise comes on.

"This is N Leader Mr. President...I don't think that would be a wise idea at this time."

"I've seen the spy satellite images as well N Leader.... we need to end this quickly! I will not let this country, nor the American public to be held hostage by these...these.... robots!", The President says in a angry voice over the booming intercom-phone.

The mysterious man just sighs, "And if you launch them we'll have quite the explaining to do to the rest of the world...they are watching Mr. President. How shall we tell them that you decided to destroy valuable technology that America was willing to share with them? Hmm? Be calm..."

The President becomes furious, "Valuable technology?? I'm talking about lives damnit! To hell with the technology! This is going well beyond human morals and I for one will not allow you to proceed...do you hear me?"

"Mr. President...tell me...how is your lovely wife? She's somewhere in Africa right now isn't she? It would be a shame if something were to happen to her..."

The President's voice wavers, "You.... you wouldn’t dare."

The man in the chair chuckles, "Wouldn't I? I'd be sure to give the information to the media on who exactly gave the order to kill her...a few witnesses, some well placed pictures and even recorded phone records. Hmm? Come, come sir, you know I have always given you everything you wanted...after all, I took care of your opposition didn't I? You're now the President and not him correct? Don't worry about any of this anymore...From now on, I will make all the big decisions. Just enjoy your term and look important...the welfare of the world is no longer your responsibility. Now...hang up, I've got work to do. Oh, but do be sure to give your young blonde intern...oops...I mean your wife in Africa my best regards."

"Rot in hell Afterburner.� The President remarks for the last time and hangs up the phone.

Sighing in his deep dark chair, the shadowy man pivots it slightly to his right to talk to the other person beside him hanging by in the shadows.

"Such manners...I shall have to find a new President when this is all over, one that does as he's told. So the weapon didn't work. What a shame. We'll have to try something much different, alert Area 51 and get it ready for the next development. We have more weapons to construct if we're going to handle these creatures."

Stepping within the light, we now see the person that was talking to him from out of the shadows, Agent West, the man who greeted Drakemore and Connors at the base. Looking down at the seated hidden man, he expressed his concern to him.

"What about the Autobots and the Decepticons? They might get suspicious about the weapon we've left there...."

"Let them...", the mystery man snickers, "It will only confuse them more until our next weapon is designed. As to this war, I'm interested to see how it will unfold. Let the Decepticons do as they will; it will give me opportunity to study the Autobots in action. Optimus Prime is proving to be very predictable in his thought patterns.... but Megatron.... yes Megatron...he's very interesting to me. A most unpredictable robot...he had the chance to kill all those humans laying about on the ground, but instead spared the humans. Why? Because he gave Prime his word? There's something more going on in that robot's brain...."

As he looks back at the monitor, he begins tapping the keyboard buttons on the table in front of him and enlarges the picture of Megatron's face.

"Something more indeed. The look of a mind constantly planning ahead...a ruthless, cunning warrior...unafraid to do what is nessessary."

The Agent clears his throat, "And...Connors sir?"

The secretive man sighs again, "A stupid idiot that rushed into things. Recall Mr. Drakemore back to base, I don't want the Autobots questioning him..."

"Yes sir.� West nods and walks off back into the darkness again.

Now alone with the images on the screen, the shrouded figure laughs somewhat like a giggling insane man alone in the dark room. The image of Megatron is still in full blown up view on the monitors and looking as if he's staring right back at the man.

Optimus Prime and the other Autobots ride up towards the General and his remaining forces. Spike and Carly see how slowly the group is moving and fear for the worst. Sparkplug and Ratchet turn to see them coming and walk over to the transforming bunch as they come to tell them all the grave news.

"Megatron has hostages." Optimus Prime says to them.

"Well ain't that just peachy...", the General bluntly states, "You were supposed to be able to stop him and his thugs and you come back here to tell us he's got our men? I am not impressed with you robot!"

Optimus Prime leans down close to the small man and stares at him with anger, "I'm not to impressed with you either...Human! If you had listened to my advice earlier we wouldn't be in this situation right now, the fact is General...your men are safe...for now."

Ratchet grabs hold of Prime's shoulder to back him off from the General, "Easy Prime...what happened out there?"

"We had the advantage and the perfect space to finish them off...but there were to many human causalities laying about, Megatron used them as a bargaining chip. He knows all to well that I will not endanger life...not even those who don't respect it themselves."

His words carried down to the General and saw he caught his meaning. Sparkplug came up behind Spike and Carly and rested his hands on their shoulders, they all looked up at Optimus and continued to listen to him speak.

"I should have secured the area more, I didn't realize they'd be so many of them laying about...now they've got a foot hold on launching site and will continue to build their vessel. You people have made things much worst, Megatron will not tolerate another stupid attack you're military made against him, he's demanded all of us pull back immediately out of his sight."

The General snickered, "Yeah right, I'm not leaving my men to die out there. We'll regroup and start a whole new attack strategy...this time it will be right!"

"Perhaps you didn't hear him General!� Ironhide walks up after finishing repairs to a human transport vehicle, "You guys got busted and Megs' ain't gonna stand for that crap anymore! If you re-launch your attack, he'll kill all your men and wipe out your entire forces properly this time. I wish I could have gone in there with you Optimus, I would have finished that oversized tin plated wacko in no time flat!"

Prime chuckled at Ironhide's comments, "I don't doubt it for a second Ironhide, but we needed you and Ratchet to stay behind and help the humans. Speaking of which...how are they Ratchet?"

The med-bot shakes his head and folds his arms together, "I'm not a human doctor Optimus, but...they're in bad shape. Telatran One downloaded all the files on their anatomy and treatment into my memory banks, but I'll admit that I'm not the skilled surgeon to do the operation. I think I should help them carry the wounded back to their military base, its bout as good as I can do to help any of them right now."

Prime nods, "Agreed, you help the humans as much as you can Ratchet, we'll call you if the situation requires you."

The medical robot transforms into his Ambulance form and drives over to the area loading up the wounded soldiers, the General looks over at Spike, Carly and Sparkplug and walks over to them. He stands there proudly and looks at each one of them.

"Now then...what are we going to do with the three of you? Spike and Sparkplug...you're charged with interference and government conspiracy. And Carly...I'm sure a good long questioning at the base will make you see the light."

"Oh come on General.� Carly says rolling her eyes, "This is not the time to act all Outback...you do realize that this was a major public fiasco? I'm sure the media has seen the explosions and heard about your mass movement of troops. They're probably already on their way or even taking pictures of us right now."

The General grinds his teeth as he chews on the fact that the young woman was absolutely right, he sighs for a moment and lowers his head.

"What do you think Mr. Drakemore? Mr. Drakemore?"

As the military man whips his head around to look at the man, he notices Drakemore isn't even standing near by, but is sitting on a helicopter preparing to lift off. The General's eyes grow large with anger as he yells out to the agent to come over to him. But the dark eyes of the agent's sunglasses give no hint that he's even paying attention to the General anymore. As the old commander runs over to stop them from taking off, the helicopter rises off the ground and begins to head off into the desert-mountainous horizon. Standing there in the flying dust and backwash from the chopper, the General sourly stares at the massive helicopters leaving him behind to deal with everything. Sparkplug watches the military commander and pities him.

"I think General...you've been fired."

Optimus Prime doesn't pay attention to any of the men, nor of Drakemore's helicopters flying off yonder. Instead he talks to the rest of his Autobot brethren standing by, feeling ashamed and cheated of a victory. As he approaches them all, the men line up in order and salute him, he is still their commander and chief, after serving with him as leader for so long...now is not the time to question his motives. Prime looks at all of them and gives them a speech of encouragement.

"Autobots...Megatron handed us a dirty tactic, it's just the typical spineless attempt I've come to expect from his sort. What we did...had to be done, unlike the Decepticons, we respect life in all forms and all sizes. He has those poor humans at his mercy for now, but we will not let him use them as bartering chips for his own goals. He'll have time to build his ship...so we'll let him. We promised we wouldn't go near the area he's in... And we won't, but he needs to get energy and that's where we'll strike him. Retreating back to The Ark will be a hard thing to do for so many of you, but to create the false illusion that we're doing as he wanted will make it easier to target his men as they come out."

Optimus paces back and forth as the men all stare at him walking past, so too do the human troops trying to gather they're supplies and boarding their vehicles. His words ring true to each of them as the all listen, as the General stood there with his head hung low, he too listened to the stirring words Prime was giving out.

"We'll not let those poor humans be left to die at the hands of Megatron, we'll not stand idlely by while he tries to build a ship to return to Cybertron, and we will certainly not let him take this planet's energy to win the war!� Prime continues to bark out at them, "Autobots...Brothers...My dearest friends. I feel your frustrations about all this, I only ask you to believe I'm doing this for the right reasons and that you'll continue to have faith in my leadership. If anyone feels otherwise, or has any comment to make...I'm listening."

A hush falls among the Autobot soldiers; they all turn to glance at one another to see if anyone will speak out, sure enough, Ironhide steps forward and raises his hand. Optimus Prime's eyes dim slightly, but knowing that he'd be open to any suggestion at all, he gives a gentle nod to his old southerly sounding friend.

"I just wanna say this...We all had our doubts about you from the very beginning Optimus. When you took over as leader during the war, we all felt our doom was surely coming...but you managed to keep us all busy and fight back with all our hearts. When the impossible situations sprang up...you made us beat it back down into submission. You are without a doubt the finest leader any of us have seen in a long, long time. And ah...even though we get into now and then...I still think you’re the man for the job. I guess what I'm saying is that...well...just give us the command and we'll follow you anywhere. Sir!"

The Autobot leader's eyes beamed with joy at Ironhide's flattery, even more so when the robotic soldiers all saluted him again and smiled. The General raised his head and felt rather humbled by the Autobot's loyalty to their leader; it was strange to hear such honor among non-terrestrial beings and even stranger that he lacked to give it to his own kind. These soldiers would fight the minute he'd ask and even die for him if necessary, the General was now starting to feel very ashamed of his own behavior. Human life is more important then the wonders of technology, he was saving America for all the wrong reasons and serving the wrong people who have their own agendas. Looking up at Optimus Prime made him remember what freedom, liberty and justice for all truly meant all over again. It only took a massive red transforming robot to make him believe that goodness still exists in hearts of those who seek peace no matter the cost.

"I thank you my friends...� Prime says cheerfully, "Now lets go back to the base and figure out a way to save the humans...stop the Decepticons and go home to free our own world again!"

The General finishes listening to the Autobot leader and walks over to his awaiting Hummer, he sits in the passenger side and driver beside him looks over, "General, we've been ordered by the President to return back to base and await further instructions."

The old military commander rubbed the gold stars on his left shoulder and sighed as he thought about things, "How many more stars will it take to wash my sins clean? How many more mistakes will happen, as my men die a hopeless battle? My God, where is my humanity? Where are my morals? These robots come and they're more human than I..."

The driver sits there confused, "Uhm...Sir? Are you ok?"

"No. I'm not ok, neither is this whole damn war we're starting.� The General stops rubbing his gold metals and straightens up, "Screw the damn President! Follow those Autobots back to their ship..."

The driver stares at him with great concern, but the military commander just looks back at him with conviction, "Well, just don't sit there looking at me like I've lost my marbles...I gave you a direct order Sergeant!!"

The man turned back to his steering wheel and started the car; nervously he smiled and gave him a loud answer, "Sir, Yes Sir!"

Looking out the side window, the General could see Optimus Prime facing away from his robot warriors and giving them one last order as they head out.

"Autobots, Transform and Rollout!"

The large red and blue robot converted back into his truck cab mode, the large back trailer popping out of its hidden pocket of space-time and reconnecting to him. The other Autobots all transform back into their vehicle modes and follow right behind the leader as he quickly pulls out back towards the main road. Together they all leave, Autobots and humans, as they make their way back to the ship embedded in the mountainside. The large convoy of trucks, cars, and many other military vehicles produces large dirt clouds that signal to the Decepticons across the terrain that Prime has kept his word. Megatron looks at the fleeing group and chuckles to himself.

"So predictable Prime. You truly are weak when it comes to winning a war."

"So Megatron...what are we really going to do with these creatures?� Starscream asks standing behind him.

Megaton turns around, "As we agreed Starscream. No harm will come to these humans, that's the promise I made to Optimus Prime."

The air commander looks confused at the Decepticon leader as he walks by, "What? You truly are going to keep your word mighty leader?"

"That’s right Starscream, I intend to keep these humans as long as I can. It will give us the needed protection of this area until our ship is fully built and fueled. Optimus Prime won't rush in to harm them and the human military will not make such a foolish attempt again."

Starscream follows the leader as he walks over to the group of humans who now have been collected and placed together as Rumble, Frenzy and Skywarp keep their weapons pointed at them. Megatron stops to look down at the prisoners and gives a simple smirk as he gazes at their fearful faces.

"Such heroics would threaten these poor dumb creatures...might even make us a bit trigger happy. So if they don't keep back and hold up their part of the bargain...we'll have our selves a few targets to shoot."

The evil leader laughs as the mention causes the people below to shiver, Starscream begins to laugh with the leader, as do all the other Decepticons. Like a group of huge metallic bullies, they taunt the humans with their laughter and poke at them with the ends of their guns. Soundwave walks over to Megatron as they all continue to enjoy the moment, the only Decepticon not laughing, as he is too busy with other things on his mind.

"Megatron! The new ship blueprints are ready...� the robot says in his wavering monotone electronic voice.

The leader brings his laughter to a slow end and nods to his loyal officer, "Very good Soundwave. Now we must look for a source of energy to fill our hunger and rebuild Cybertron."

Soundwave instantly projects a holographic screen in front of them, slightly see through on the whole, but readable to anyone viewing it on either side. On the holo-screen are images of various human made hydro plants, nuclear weapons, oil refineries and natural energy producing resources. As they all scroll along, Soundwave talks about the various places to visit.

"There are numerous facilities and natural resources for us to collect the energon from. There are several nuclear power plants near by and a few oil fields, there is even a large human constructed dam near by."

Megatron almost drools at the many places they could plunder; this was a world rich in energy and just where he needs to be in order to stockpile energon. He looks at the images with a greedy face, wrenching his hands as if he's hit the jackpot and doesn't know where to begin.

"Where is this dam? It looks rather large...a few modifications and some extra water pressure would produce a sizable quantity of energon don't you think? "

The blue robot looks down and points to the image as it pops up full screen, "Sherman Dam is capable of producing the required energy output...if we can bring the generators to full capacity it should be able to fill one energon cube every one point two Deco-quads of energy."

Megatron places his hands on his hips, "Excellent...this world is too good to be true. Such energy, such raw untapped energy! When we get back to Cybertron, I will send a legion of ships here to restock all of this and suck the very life out of this planet until it runs dry!"

End of Chapter Nine

Chapter Ten – The Search For Energy

Wheeljack and Huffer continue to work on Telatran One back inside the Autobot ship called The Ark, finally they finish up and prepare to restart the computer again. As Huffer rises up from the console he just finished repaired, he looks over to the far side of the room and sees Wheeljack closing his massive console panel as well.

"Well that’s it...Telatran One is back online and running smooth again.� Wheeljack proclaims, "Now...time to wake this computer up and figure out where everyone is."

Huffer rubs his forehead and sighs relief, "Thank goodness, I was about to go haywire from all this hard work. I hope you fixed everything correctly Wheeljack."

Wheeljack laughs, "We'll soon find out lil' buddy. Hit the restart will ya?"

Huffer walks over to the main controls and presses the large square button Wheeljack was talking about. As soon as he hit it, a massive power surge within the computer itself forcefully ejected Ravage who was still lodged inside. The minidisk spy whimpered from the blast Telatran One gave to the Decepticon and quickly transformed beyond Huffer's head as he went flying out. Huffer was caught off guard by the Decepticon cat's appearance, he stood there speechless as Ravage leaped across and began running out the bridge door behind him. Wheeljack saw everything happen and quickly shouted to Huffer.

"Ravage!! Huffer! Just don't stand there like a lummox! Go after him!!"

Huffer snapped out of his stupor transforming quickly into his orange truck cab mode, he was smaller in design to Optimus Prime and had a few minor differences in the way his truck form looked. Still he one advantage to being smaller, he was faster and without a back trailer lumbering behind him, he could easily catch up to the fleeing Decepticon. Still Ravage sprinted fast down the long ship corridor and looked back every now and then to see how far he was being followed. The flashing red lights and the blaring alarms filled the ship in every corridor and room, booming in the background was Telatran One's voice alerting all throughout the vessel there was a Decepticon intruder. As Ravage went rushing by, a door opened on the sidewall and out stepped Trailbreaker, the bulky looking black and chromed robot caught a quick glimpse of the intruder and looked confused as to what was happening. Huffer saw Trailbreaker standing there and shouted out to him as he was trying to stop the fast black cat.

"Don't let him get away Trailbreaker! It's Ravage!!"

The large black Autobot didn't even have to think twice, he ran down the hall and saw the Decepticon almost reaching the open bay door leading outside.

"Oh no you don't...time to block your only way out!"

The minute he finished saying that, his shoulder mounted chrome-looking device shot out a massive energy pulse that streaked over to the large doorway and covered the whole thing in it's electric plasma green glow. Ravage hit this strange pulsating energy and bounced off of it like a rubber wall. Trailbreaker laughed at the bouncing kitty as he watched it repeatedly trying to break through it, his running became a slow walk as he approached the frantic Decepticon. Huffer finally reached them both and quickly transformed into his robot mode again, he took out his gun from a panel opening behind his back and pointed it at the intruder.

"Don't you move a muscle Ravage...I got my blaster aimed straight at your head! Just give me a reason to blow it clean off!"

The black cat stopped in its tracks and stood there growling at the two Autobots, Trailbreaker used his arm cannon to launch a energon cage and trap the Decepticon in its place. Most transformers have arms that are built in cannons, often they come in handy when there's no hand weapon to be found, instead of having a regular arm and hand they have a large blaster arm that channels from their power directly. Trailbreaker manages to use it for mainly making force fields or a last resort when no other weapon is available; a master at creating them, force fields are his specialty. Now that Ravage is caught, his energy force field surrounding the large main door dissipates as the time collapses of its use.

"There we go...one black cat, never to trouble our path again. Good thing I stayed behind."

Huffer looks up at him confused, "Hey ya...where the heck were you? I could have joined the others if I'd known you were still here. Weren't you in the line up? "

"Nope...I asked Optimus to let me finish making repairs to the sick bay incase they need it. I'm more wondering where Mirage is...haven't seen him for a long time either."

Huffer lets out a snicker, "I'll bet he's looking for a new place to live. I don't trust that guy...on one hand he wants to stop Megatron and the Decepticons, but on the other, he doesn't want to fight anymore. Sounds like a pure coward if you ask me."

"Yeah...� the big bulky black robot sighs, "Although he's a good guy, saved my hide a few times during the war...just not much of a fighter I think. I've heard him ramble on about the good ol' days of Cybertron, when he was just a courier racing back and forth between cities. Remember Huffer, not all of us were born warriors you know. Just give the guy a break and he'll prove his worth to the team..."

"Whatever Trailbreaker.... I’ll believe it when I see it."

Suddenly Optimus Prime's voice is heard over their built in radio receivers, they all hold up their hands to their heads to activate their transceivers.

"Optimus to base! Optimus to base! "

Trailbreaker responds to the leader by talking back with his built in microphone inside his head, "Base to Prime...this is Trailbreaker, we're receiving you Optimus Prime, over."

"Trailbreaker...prepare that sick bay and get ready for human casualties. Tell Huffer and Wheeljack to finish fixing Telatran One as soon as possible!"

Huffer opens a comm-link to the Autobot leader, "This is Huffer Prime.... we’ve finished repairs and T-1 is A-OK again!"

"Good work Huffer, as soon as we arrive I want all personnel to assemble in the bridge. It's time we figure out what our next plan of attack will be."

Huffer grins and joyfully confirms back to him, "You got it Prime! Huffer out!"

Outside, down in the valley heading towards the mountain where the ship lays, Optimus Prime and the other race up the road heading for it. The human army follows closely behind as they bring their wounded back to Autobot headquarters, some of the trucks pull off and stay down near the campsite already set up from last time. The larger trucks head up with the Autobots as they all begin to move into the ship. As Prowl and Cliffjumper pass in their car forms, Trailbreaker uses his force field cannon arm to move the trapped Decepticon aside. Still not able to get out of it, Ravage continually claws at the energon mesh cage in a hopeless attempt to break free. As the others continue to head deeper into the ship, Cliffjumper and Prowl transform and walk over to Trailbreaker and his catch of the day.

"Well, well, well...", Cliffjumper states, "Looks like our main man here bagged himself a kitty cat."

Prowl laughs, "Yeah...funny I don't remember seeing you out there fighting them though?"

Trailbreaker scoffs at Prowls stupid remark, "That’s funny, I could have sworn you were supposed to be the security chief of this place. This spy got in here without us knowing about it."

Prowl seemed taken back by that remark, he knew that if Kup had seen that happen he'd be in trouble big time. Indeed he did fail on carefully searching Bumblebee and the others when they came back, something that he's not proud of and something that Kup would look down on him about. Without even saying anymore, Prowl turned around and walked down the corridor to the bridge like a grumpy kid. It was a blow to his professional ego, a small spy getting past all of them was a major security breach, in his mind, he could hear Kup scolding him out for such a lackluster performance. It was time for him to get serious about improving security around the ship, it was time for him to prove that he could be as good as Kup ever was and it was time for him to get to work.

The General and his wounded soldiers drove into the Autobot sick bay and began to set up a makeshift hospital for themselves. Ratchet drove in and stopped near one of the metallic beds the Autobots usually rest upon when injured themselves. He opened the top of his roof and raised the critical injured army men onto the cold hard surface of the bed. Like a large crane, his inner robotic hoist placed them up onto the bed as gently as he could. Once they were placed there, he quickly transformed and examined their wounds. Ratchet by no means a human medical expert, with very little time to study human anatomy he resorted to asking Telatran One for assistance.

"Telatran One are you online?"

"Affirmative", the computerized voice spoke out of nowhere.

"Scan the humans for damage and recall any treatment information.", the worried robotic doctor instructed.

"Scanning...", the computer quickly responded.

A large blue light beamed out over head the humans lying there, it was a fine light source almost like a soft laser beam, and it passed over the humans both horizontally and vertically. As quick as the beam appeared it soon turned off and the computer gave it's analysis.

"Humans are suffering multiple factures of various bone structures, vital organs are on the brink of failure and blood loss is occurring rapidly. Recommend immediate surgical reconstruction based on human practices."

Ratchet sighed and soon realized the men were dying, he'd have to learn how to operate on these humans and quick. The General walked over to the large medical Autobot and saw that it was struggling to figure out how to proceed.

"Ratchet...do you need help? I could always call for one of our doctors to come.", the General says to him.

Ratchet shakes his head, "No, that's ok General. These men need treatment fast...but thanks for your concern. Telatran One...this is a medical priority, I need the information on human surgical repairs and all knowledge of human anatomy..."

The computer grants his request, "Affirmative, voice priority recognized. Downloading all information on Earth human surgeries and procedures."

The blue beam of light re-appears and aims itself directly at the medical robot's head. Ratchet stands there downloading all the information as the beam sends it directly into his brain; the glow in his blue eyes flutters as the General stands there watching this robot learn everything about human medical operations. It seemed incredible to him that this robot could become a master human surgeon in the matter of seconds. The light source turned off again and Ratchet snapped out of his downloading stupor. He looked down at the human patients and began prepping them for surgery. Looking down at the General he smiled and gave him a nod of reassurance.

"Don't worry General...I know what I'm supposed to do now. If you'd like, you can be my nurse...I'll need some help and some blood."

"I'm on it.", the man smiles back.

Archived