Weapon X

Stingray

Wow. Thats some Loving Detail... He is still one of my Fave Comic Characters (Even though I dont read many anymore).

-Have you worked much with Acrylic?

--What type did you use in this Project?

-Is The Polymer Clay SCULPEY or a similar Brand?

Thanks for any Info & Great Work!

I used Sculpey for all the clay used.. It works VERY well and holds all the detail. I've used some polymer clay that didn't keep it.

This was one of the first tries with the acrylic.. Its a mixture of a product that can be found at Wall-mart in the fake flowers section. I increased the hardening agent with another product. Works VERY well. Just be sure to mix enough to do it all at once.

I used a shampoo bottle as a mold. And I had to use 3 packages of the stuff or about $15. I did the first set and let it dry. My one mistake. The next batch didn't mold seemlessly, hence the extra 'ice'. Completely unnoticable now.

I have several other projects goin using the acrylic and my adjustments to it. Including using my woven wires to create a web, then pouring a blue tinted version of this to cover it. lights up very nicely

Archived