Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kreon Upgrade Kit [shapeways]

Recommended Posts

These arrived on my birthday and they fit awesome! I need to make a few minor tweaks to the knee connectors (shave off one of the pegs) and the hands.

 

The hands had the column for the axle filled in with either support or WST material and I ended up "drilling" them out using the sharpened end of a straight paper clip. it was terrifying. I then cut pieces of paper clip to length and used as axles for the finger joints.

 

It worked, but I can't expect anybody that goes for this kit to do the same so I'm going to have to work out another solution. I might try a half ball/recess friction connection but I worry that it will keep popping out.

 

Other than that, this is working exactly how I wanted :D

 

For those interested so far:

Kreon upgrade kit by wulongti on Shapeways

 

Joints are articulated enough for a 3 point landing (the Ironman pose)

kreon_upgrade___prototype_4_by_wulongti-d5kjnac.jpg

 

Standard Lego parts can fit the pegs for added customization

kreon_upgrade___prototype_6_by_wulongti-d5kjngo.jpg

 

The pegs all have a 3mm port along with the hands to accommodate the Kreon weapons/Kibble parts as well as the Cyberverse Weapons.

kreon_upgrade___prototype_1_by_wulongti-d5kjn0g.jpg

 

The bottoms of the feet/forearms have female lego ports

kreon_upgrade___prototype_3_by_wulongti-d5kjn7h.jpg

 

Parts easily removed and added to other toys

kreon_upgrade___prototype_5_by_wulongti-d5kjnds.jpg

post-9146-0-81459000-1352477060.jpg

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those are the coolest things to hit Kreons since...Kreons!! Awesome work WLT!!!!

  • Author

Wow, those are the coolest things to hit Kreons since...Kreons!! Awesome work WLT!!!!

Thanks a bunch :D

 

Very cool, Thanks for sharing. The news has been front paged.

:thumb

 

Oh wow, that's so cool!! thank you so much :D

  • Author

On this morning's train ride I sketched out design ideas for more parts... primarily connector and adapter pieces but also a few new parts that will combine to form a torso upgrade (w/ ab crunch) or could be used as new feet. Maybe some other stuff too, I'm not sure till I can play with them in hand.

 

kreon_upgrade_parts___sketches_by_wulongti-d5kvg30.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've finished modeling the torso upgrade. I've put a lot of thought into these parts and I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out. I've got some shoulder bells sketched out that will attach to these guys so that the arms don't looks so weird. But that's going to be part of the "Omega" set. ;)

 

I hope you guys like :D

 

kreon_torso_upgrade___spec_sheet_by_wulongti-d5lv1yt.jpg

 

kreon_torso_upgrade___mock_up_by_wulongti-d5lv29y.jpg

Reminds me of Daniel's exo suit

  • Author

Reminds me of Daniel's exo suit

 

I could see that :) I had put my parts on one of the human Kreons and thought the same thing :D

  • Author

Hah, nice! A little more and you'll just be using the heads. ;)

 

True... I think w/ the Omega kit I'm working on, there will be the pelvis and legs, and the torso... but the rest will be add on parts.. lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.