With Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Breaking Box Office Records, Transformers 3 Will Lose Top Spot This Weekend

Peter_Van

And if they change the name of the Captain America character in the movie itself to something generic like Avenger I'm going to be pissed. Unless they change it to something like Captain Swoops-in-and-saves-your-asses-when-no-other-country-can-be-bothered-to, uh,... man. That would be okay.

Can you imagine seeing THAT on the marquis outside the theater? I'd go see it. XD

Best I could get for now....Working on it :P

marqueeo.jpg

We're going to need a bigger marquis.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, people who didn't expect Potter to wipe the floor with all competitors are kinda like those people who are shocked by Earthquakes in California I think.

Still, who cares, DOTM did incredibly well, we have a sequel, we're rid of Shia and things are good.

Alright, screw all this. Anyone know how Larry Crowne is faring?

Wow, Potter dropped 71%... that's huge for the 2nd week. I think their fans just came out in droves on the first week to break records. Nice to see the Cap take top spot. DOTM falls to #4 but still rakes in $325Mil for domestic takes... best so far this year by $50Mil :thumb

DOTM premiered in China a couple days ago right? Any word on the box office take over there?

Standing at nearly $1 Billion dollars worldwide, Dark Of The Moon overtakes Revenge Of The Fallen in lifetime revenue according to Boxofficemojo. DOTM has grossed $882,389,000 in just 26 days compared to the ROTF $836,297,228 lifetime take.

All this and DOTM hasn't even opened in Japan yet, which it will later this week. It is safe to say that DOTM will reach the $1 Billion mark. Perhaps fans can celebrate by going to see DOTM again.

Suck it Cap Suck it Potter

I'll probably see it again. 4 months of waiting for the blu ray is too long of time without seeing the movie a third time after all

i know Captain America isn't going to overtake DOTM. It doesn't have the general movie fan base that TF's has at this point. I'm just happy to see CA get some green and notoriety. A lot of people in this thread were predicting HP would over shadow CA and C&A. It's amazing how wrong we were.

I'm really interested to see how Avengers will do next summer versus Dark Knight Rises. It has the potential to do really well with the now known characters in it.

Did you guys see the CA and watch the trailer for Avengers after? It was awesome.

Haven't seen CA yet, likely won't. I have a hard time going to the movies when they rape your wallet like they do. It is surprising how HP dropped so much. Usually, when a movie drops 60% or more in the 2nd week it's a bad sign. Oh well. As for Avengers, it's a mixed bag. IronMan has been the biggest franchise of the 4 characters planned. Thor and Hulk have both been lukewarm. We'll see how CA ends up.

Archived