BotCon 2011 Live Blog - 2011 Hasbro Toys with the Brand Team

BaCon

We are live at the 2011 Hasbro Toys Panel with the Hasbro Brand Team at BotCon! Jump in to read all about the details that will be here! Hear it straight from the panel including Greg Lombardo - Head of Marketing. Jerry Jivoin - Marketing. Josh Lamb - Head of Design and Lenny Panzica - Design after the jump. Read the Full News Story Here

This is interesting. I wonder if it will be the same as the 2010 Unicron released in Japan?

AMAZON

25th Anniversary Edition Unicron

Release in October

Movie accurate colors from the 1986 movie

This is interesting. I wonder if it will be the same as the 2010 Unicron released in Japan?

AMAZON

25th Anniversary Edition Unicron

Release in October

Movie accurate colors from the 1986 movie

Yup. Takara Head and G1 movie colors.

no pictures? bummer. i would love to have seen some of this stuff!

Hasbro doesn't want you, me, or anyone else too poor to attend this con to see them. I think that unless they lift this bullshit photo ban then they should just stop doing this presentation. All it does is let them laugh at those who couldnt make it.

Not to mention describing the slides in text form is incredibly difficult to do.

"WAVE 6

Will be released right after the film"

Yeah that tells me a lot...What the fuck is IN the wave?!?!?!

"Deluxe Soundwave

Vehicle and robot mode line models shown.

He will come with Laserbeak and will fit on his chest. When he comes out of his chest, he will fan out. "

Fascinating...He comes with Laserbeak....But WHAT DOES HE TURN INTO?! WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE?! Is his head the same as ROTF? Details! I need details!

Photo ban....Thanks for nothing, Hasb|ow. Just stop with this presentation...Seriously

It was TF Prime Soundwave, and all they had was a CAD 3D rendering. They haven't even made a clay prototype yet. They also stressed that with a lot of the Prime figures, it was in the experimental stage. There's no guarantee that part, or any, of the functionality talked about for Soundwave would actually make it into production.

As for the photo ban, they do it every year as a 'perk' to atendees. Just wait 6-7wks, they'll reveal the rest at SDCC.

A rude, unfair, and dickish perk. a month and a half is a hell of a long wait too. I'm sorry, but that's about as low as they can go

:shrug

Don't know what to say there, it's been their M.O. for the last 6+yrs. Shouldn't come as a surprise, really.

Archived