With all the Rodimus craze going on...

STPrime

I just ordered TA33 Rodimus and have the MP and FP kits pre-orderd. I just thought why not make one for Animated too. As crappy of a toy Rodimus was it still holds a special place in my heart and I'd buy any upgrade they'd make for his figures. Would anyone else want one, I'm sure it'd be fairly easy to do with the lack of details in the Animated line. :tfgrin

Wasn't there a minor theme in Animated where the Autobots frowned on the use of upgrades? :D

Frankly, because of the Masterpiece Rodimus coming out, I'm starting to think that the main gimmick for any Hot Rod character should be the ability to grow and change into a Rodimus Prime mode of sorts. That should be his defining gimmick.

Wasn't there a minor theme in Animated where the Autobots frowned on the use of upgrades? :D

Frankly, because of the Masterpiece Rodimus coming out, I'm starting to think that the main gimmick for any Hot Rod character should be the ability to grow and change into a Rodimus Prime mode of sorts. That should be his defining gimmick.

:agree But still doesnt tell me for the people that have the Animated Rodimus toy, if it sucks and why, or is it good? ive heard both reports. which is it? :shrug

Can't stand Animated to me it exists to rope in the kiddies and as well it should, after all these are toys. That said,I agree with The Variable, TA Rodimus (as funny lookin' as it is)and all Hot Rods should have some kind of upgrade/power-up mode.No interest, but the cadet's reasoning is sound(had to throw in a Star Trek quote).

Personally, I don't see an upgrade working for the toy. If I remember correctly, 'Prime' is just a military rank in the Animated cartoon, so no upgrade is really needed IMO.

Maybe the Hot Rod -> Rodimus Prime upgrade set for the Animated toy would consist solely of a giant clip-on CHIN! :rofl

:tflaugh Funny! He looks too much like Rodimus Prime already to pass up the chance to make an upgraded version. I would think that Takara would take this up more than anything especially since Hasbro hates trailers and all. Would be nice to see though. Once I get an Animated Hot Rod or two I'm sure I'll be salivating over a trailer.

I ran across the figure a while back and my only real issue with the Animated Rodimus is getting his bow weapon to attach in car mode.

On a personal note I think that he is one of the goofier looking members of the Animated cast, followed by Arcee. They just seem to be out of proportion in places, but that was the style of the line.

Archived