ROTF deluxe Jolt review

cliffjumping jazz

As wave 4 makes its way to retail we're treated to 4 new figures, only one of which is a repaint/remold, AMAZING! Jolt is the only figure of this wave that peaks my interest, let's take a closer look.

CIMG0190.jpg

Jolt's alt. mode is a 2011 concept chevrolet Volt. Details are rather plentiful for a deluxe including the text: VOLT and the Chevy insignias on either end.The color is a nice dark blue that fits well on the vehicle, there is also black spreading from the roof to the trunk area and silver sideview mirrors.

CIMG0194.jpg

Despite having the despised part molded color/part painted setup, it doesn't hurt the figure, because the colors match up well. The vehicle does have panel lines visible due to transformation but honestly, they really aren't that bad.

Score: 9.75/10

The transformation is rather simple for a movie deluxe, I won't go into detail.

CIMG0198.jpg

Even by movie standards, this guy looks different, but that's not necesarily a bad thing. The only new colors that show up are sky blue and grey. There is a nice red autobot symbol on the chest, one oddity is that the chest is almost completely translucent. the hands are partially hidden by the alt mode kibble but it's not too bad. Speaking of the hands, turning a knob on the wrists will reveal electro-whips, they're nicely sculpted but desperately need paint. It's a love it/hate it design, but I really like it. Edit: I found the Mech-Alive, turning the waist will turn gears in the chest, it's kinda neat but hard to see.

CIMG0201.jpg

Articulation: The joints are set up well for the most part shoulders:balljoint, arm:rotater, elbow:pin hinge, head:balljoint,

hips:balljoint, knees:pin hinge(2), toes:balljoint

the head is the only sore spot being that it is restricted by the panel behind it, the arm kibble tends to get in the way, but it's easy to deal with. Since the head isn't COMPLETELY stationary, I won't knock it too bad.

Score:9/10

CIMG0204.jpg

Alt. mode: 9.75/10 only some minor panel lines keep it from being superb.

Robot mode: 9/10 good design with some good poseability despite some minor glitches.

Overall: 9.50/10 a good deluxe buy.

Pretty good review. Overall though, even though I do like the figure, the translucent chest kind of takes away from him a little bit, and the hand setup takes away from him a lot, IMO.

I dont know man i just feel ike the robot mode is missing something, i think its the chest, i really wish the front of the car became his chest, and they wouldnt of gone the cheap route and just put some translucent blue crap, but im gonna get him anyway.

• 2 months later...

WOW! I remember seeing his FAB version as one of the first offerings as leaks out before ROTF, it totally sucked imo, but this review has me turned the other way, i actually really look forward to getting him now and cant wait. The car mode is specifically awesome! Question for Cliffjump; Can you take pics of his head only?

• 4 weeks later...

I was originally done collecting RotF figures until I saw some great figures in person, great reviews, and awesome pics. Jolt is one of those figures I want to get now. Sadly, I passed him up yesterday and am snowed in the next few days. rumblecry.gif Sideways and Sideswipe are two others I want to get my hands on!

Archived