Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My walmart sucks

Recommended Posts

The Great White North sucks for TFs.

 

Still waiting to get past wave 1.5.... :(

Where are you exactly in Canada? TRU Bowmac downtown vancouver just recieved a bunch of wave 2 deluxes in.

 

Capilano Walmart supposedly also just recieved a bunch.

New Brunswick, Vic, there's a maritimer sightings thread over on the 2005boards that I check. Wave 2's hit Nova Scotia, but has yet to show up here.

 

I check a couple times a week for new stuff.

 

Ideally, and obviously this is a pipe dream and I understand the dynamics of toy distribution not being this simple. But, I wish toys were like media. Toy X will be released on date X at store X. The 'thrill of the hunt' would be gone, but so be it. :)

 

 

I'm with Donkeystyle, he didn't openly bash Walmart to any major extent, just airing his thoughts.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Great White North sucks for TFs.

 

Still waiting to get past wave 1.5.... :(

Where are you exactly in Canada? TRU Bowmac downtown vancouver just recieved a bunch of wave 2 deluxes in.

 

Capilano Walmart supposedly also just recieved a bunch.

New Brunswick, Vic, there's a maritimer sightings thread over on the 2005boards that I check. Wave 2's hit Nova Scotia, but has yet to show up here.

 

I check a couple times a week for new stuff.

 

Ideally, and obviously this is a pipe dream and I understand the dynamics of toy distribution not being this simple. But, I wish toys were like media. Toy X will be released on date X at store X. The 'thrill of the hunt' would be gone, but so be it. :)

 

 

I'm with Donkeystyle, he didn't openly bash Walmart to any major extent, just airing his thoughts.

ah , wrong side of canada :D

 

personally, i love the thrill of the hunt, its half the fun.

If he is merely airing his thoughts then he should be more careful when stating a company sucks b/c of their selection for one productline. That is a gross generalization which is wrong. Walmart is successful b/c it meets the demands of many people, I do not have one but I still recognize the value in having one. Bottomline, if you visit other boards like Seibertron you hear "that" type of venting/airing all too often. People simply complain ad nauseum and do little to improve their own situation, we all know this happens and to be honest, it is counterproductive. Complaining never solves anything. I apologize if I am too harsh but these are my experiences after 20+ years of collecting. Your mileage may vary.

wasnt he complaining more about the lethargic staff taking theyre damn time too update the toy section compared too other walmarts?

The content of the 1st post was just fine. A few sentences stating his situation and a question.

 

The title is the only thing offensive. Well not to me, I use sucks all the time. :)

 

Homer: "those guys were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked, oops gotta go, my damn weiner kids want me"

 

The mods can change it to My walmart doesn't restock very often, does yours? :D

Homer: "those guys were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked, oops gotta go, my damn weiner kids want me"

 

love that quote :D

Hey, I appreciate wal-mart as much as the next collector, but they do suck. Here is a little insider info, since i worked in wal-mart in the toy dept. for three years (i was young). If Wal-Mart does have new stock not on the shelf, it is company policy to wait until old stuff sells down or they do a department "reset" which toys does twice a year. One for christmas and one for spring/summer.

Homer: "those guys were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked, oops gotta go, my damn weiner kids want me"

 

love that quote :D

HAHAHA.....that was funny!!! :tflaugh

My local Wally Worlds are a crapshoot. I've got a regular one that's usually a joke, one Super Wal Mart that's ok, and one that freakin' rocks. Found eight Energon Megatrons there today, along with quite the selection of others. (Only bought one E-Megs, I'm not one of the Ebay sharks.)

  • Author
What I take issue with is people like yourself who do not do anything to improve their situation and/or fail to find creative alternatives and simply whine. So your Walmart does not have the good selection currently and in the past, learn to deal with it. While we can all relate that it is an inconvenience and a disappointment for you to find nothing at your conveniently located Walmart, many of us have things considerably worse than you. I know when I go TF shopping I have to go out of the my area and usually it is over 50 minutes drive, but, if I want these items I got to deal with it. Many times I get there too late and I find nothing, that I the risk associated being a collector of currently popular items, accept it and do what you can!

 

As such, if I am “disgruntled” it is by people who do not realize Walmart does not specialize in toys, it is but one out of hundreds of items they sell at a huge discount to customers. You should be grateful that they even exist your area. If the Walmart nearest to you has a poor selection talk to the toy manager and raise your concerns. If possible show this individual that there is interest in these products, get a petition going or better yet coordinate a time when X amount of people can go with you and make a appointment to see this person. This “meeting” can be quick as ten minutes of this persons time, if you are patient they will listen to your concerns. What I am advocating is you DO something to improve the situation for yourself. Complaining about the poor selection at abc store never got anyone anything they wanted. Be proactive and take matters into your own hands, if you cannot wait, pre-order online if you do not want to spend the monies on shipping, then network with people who also collect or at least buddy up with a friend who also hunts for toys. The point is, you need to do something constructive to -help yourself improve- the situation.

OMG, you are rediculous. You are blowing this way out of proportion. Again, I merely wanted to know if my store was one of the very few that hasnt set the feature aisle of if there were many others. That's what this board is for right? Finding out information from other transfans across the nation and world? I'm so sorry if the word sucks offends you, but it wasn't meant like you obviously took it and it seems everyone else didn't take it so seriously either. I appreciate what walmart has to offer, but at the same time I have worked there before and I also know the damaging effects of walmart from economics and politics studies and research. I am quite qualified to judge whether or not I think walmart sucks, but that is not even the point! The point is I was not whining and I take offense to being called a whiner. I don't care that some people have it worse than me because they live in the sticks or in corporate concrete jungles. I just want to know what the sitch is like at other walmarts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.