AutoScout Cassette - can't dance.

Backfire

I purchased an Autoscout cassette from TFsource.com and was delighted to see that it came in a stylish Soundwave like box and all the fun stuff that came with it.

However, mine has a assembly defect.

Transform is very fine, little grabber arm comes out the front, the neck folds upwards and the front tire pivots out. The rear section slides outwards on each side and smaller wheels retract underneath.

One of these rear wheel sections is wrong, I hae 2 right wheels/arms. Problem with this is the little tab that sticks up in cassette mode so you can grab it with your nail and fold down keeps the left side from closing all the way. I took a pin and a pair of plyers and easially popped out the pin and thought I could simply turn the leg around, but that is not the case, the arm won't sit properly.

So if you buy this happy upgrade to Soundwave's collection of cassettes, keep me in mind, I'd gladly trade the 1 right leg for a left one if someone out there happens to find they have 2 left feet!

Archived