So I saw Energon for the first time last night...

SkyClonus

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Energon is really good except for the kids. The parts with them are stupid

untrue.

The "kids" you speak of in Energon have played very important and exciting roles in the show. They are part of the Transformers storyline...

and I wanna add that when I said he isn't a Quintesson, I meant in the G1 sense...They had actual faces, but they weren't seperate in mind. They just shifted when the emotions changed. Alpha-Q is totally different, he is nothing like them. it's also worth noting how the animation was changed in Superilnk for Hasbro's purposes. They did plan to show the child alien, but it was forcefully changed. In the scene where AQ is reborn inside of Unicron, they treat his body like it's new, while he was already shown to have had it. I'm going with the "not edited by idiots at Hasbro" version, where AQ is an alien child...The SL credits even refer to it as "Girl child voice"...so not only a child voice, but it's female...Again, you can go with whatever version you like, but Superlink is the true storyline. It simply come first and the only editing done is by Hasbro, with changing this plot point.

*spoilers*

Aslo worth noting that in the US, we're up to episode 32...In very very few episodes, Mr Alpha is gonna bite it. In ep 32, they still referred to him as "Alpha-Q"...so I really doubt it's gonna change, and even if it does, four episodes of saying 'Quintesson' instead of "Q" isn't going to change the character perspective. Instead, it's just gonna look stupid and confusing.

Hasbro said that it would change ion the dub.

And the Alpha Q bit is something like this.

Takera/Hasbro designed the character.

THEN the storyline drifted away from their creation, in the development stage.

Takera/Hasbro stepped back in and said HEY, PUT IT BACK.

Then the superlink guys said, oh all right.

And there you have it.

and as far as the past quintessons... well, as people on earth, they can be different too.

just cause everything dont fit, doesnt mean you must aquit.

this Quint, is different. Thats all I need.

and im stickly with it being a quint, bacause that was what the character was designed to me, at its inception, by both parties.

same species, unique history.

like you and me.

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT-

Re reading your post, i realise that we already agree.

"and I wanna add that when I said he isn't a Quintesson, I meant in the G1 sense..."

Yeah, this is new territory. Total agreement.

:thumb

Well, Alpha-Q was developed by the tv show writers, not Hasbro...they had the entire creative concept in a manuscript a few months back, and nowhere it mentioned Hasbro OR Takara. Hasbro just recently started adapting the design into a toy, which is why it's so late(it'll be released after his tv show death)....

A Quintesson is a techno-organic alien that is incredibly skilled with invention and creation....Alpha-Q is a ghost inside of a shell that literally haunts Unicron, and is using his body to create zombie replicas of his former race....See what I mean? Only thing they have in common is the switching faces, and in G1, they were living faces, with real expressions and mouths..in Energon, they're simply masks...they even kept that in the dub.

Kicker "Why are you hiding behind those masks?"

Scorponok "Huh? How did he know that?"

Archived