len_d69

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good that mate cant wait to see if finished

I also ask the same questions as Rodimus

where do you buy the putty?

does it take long to dry?

did you add the detail before or after its dryed?

and how did you get the autobot symbol on his chest, did you mold it or is it from another toy?

i have a few questions

where do you buy the putty?

does it take long to dry?

did you add the detail before or after its dryed?

and how did you get the autobot symbol on his chest, did you mold it or is it from another toy?

Thanks for your kind words guys,

Anyway, to answer some questions ...

1. The putty is Tamiya's epoxy putty which you can get from model shops.

2. 1/2 a day drying or shorter

3. Regarding details, most of them were done before it dried.

4. The autobot symbol was molded using a McD Hot Shot happy meal toy. I basicaly took some putty and pressed it against the toy's embosed symbol and tada, my own embossed autobot sign. :tftounge The nice thing about it is that the happy meal's autobot sign was more of just an outline so the autobot I made out of it is embossed like the one on MPconvoy's shoulders

sorry, i have one more question. is the putty hard to mold or is it like clay? and what is it like when it's dry, does it feel like plastic would?

It's actually like clay. And it works best with water IMO. I'm not sure how to describe it when dry though. But its pretty much like hard plastic.

You did a very good job on the sculpting, I'ld have a hard time getting bilateral symmatry right. Maybe you should call it Masterpiece Bumble Bee.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, it's been a while since we've heard from ya, so hows this sucker coming along? I was loving it before, and am ready to love it some more! Soooo.....do you have any pics huh?huh? do you have any pics huh?huh? do you have any pics huh?huh?.. Ok, I'll stop :D

Seriously though, great job and I would very much enjoy to see how it's coming along!

-Turbine

Archived