Alt Insecticons - Finished!

Lucs

Well they are finished for the most part. I may add some more Insecticon-type weapons and features but I'm pretty stoked on them how they are now

Bombshell = Ravage+Wheeljack head+G1 guns+Paint

insecticons001.jpg

insecticons002.jpg

insecticons004.jpg

Kickback = Deadend+Sideswipe Arms+Meister head+Minimal paint

insecticons005.jpg

insecticons006.jpg

Shrapnel = Ricochet flames removed+Rollbar head+Grey forarms and legs from BT Alert and black paint

insecticons007.jpg

Group Shot

insecticons009.jpg

P.S. I'm still looking for Alt heads and Cybertron Blurr's head (especially from a board memeber here that I for some reason can't get a hold of)

P.S.S and I need G1 Soundwave's head/weapons

HAHAHAHA. Those're surprisingly good likenesses, actually! I like them in that it's clever how you got existing faces to double so well as those of the Insecticons. However, doing that seems to have created the problem where they each look too similar to their base (i.e. the headsculpts for Bombshell and Wheeljack don't look sufficiently unique from each other). But they look good.

Have you considered adding some more yellow and purple to bring out a bit more of the "insecticon" colors? It seems like you chose to go with a lot of black overall.

Pretty cool. Check these out. Done by someone else here at TFans too.

Yeah I've seen those. They are pretty much the best ALT custom Insecticons I've ever seen and I doubt they could be topped. I actually sold a custom Soundwave I did to the same guy that bought those.

My color schemes tend to be as simple as they get. I'm not looking to make them as G1 as possible but rather make them recognizable and have clean solid paint jobs. Mainly cuz my paint and molding skills aren't super and I don't have a great space to work in for spray painting

Mainly cuz my paint and molding skills aren't super and I don't have a great space to work in for spray painting

I find myself on the same boat, so seeing an easy alternative to make characters like this to be recognizabble is great to see. Nice work!

Archived