TRANSFORMERS @ 20 I: TFORMERS SUMMER SPECIAL

transformersarama

TRANSFORMERS @ 20 I: TFormers SUMMER SPECIAL

by Benjamin Ong Pang Kean

Get ready for Reload, Dreamwave-style. 2004 marks the 20th anniversary of the Transformers property. Dreamwave, having taken the comics world by storm two years ago with the debut of Transformers: Generation One, written by Chris Sarracini with art by Dreamwave head honcho and art maestro Pat Lee, has so far reengineered the Transformers for the new millennium, with comic books projects such as G1 (now in its third volume), Energon (previously Armada), The War Within (now in its second volume, The Dark Ages) and the character profile books, More Than Meets The Eye.

January was a big (think giant robots big) month for the publisher and things are about to get even bigger and hotter this summer. Dreamwave's media communications manager Candice Chan informed Newsarama that the Toronto-based publisher and the Transformers are now ready to take over the universe. Get ready for the comic book debut of Beast Wars and Robots in Disguise in the pages of the Transformers Summer Special in May and a four-issue Micromasters limited series in June.

In the first of a four-part daily focus on Transformers, it’s time to learn about the return of an all-time fan favorite Decepticon leader as well as Dreamwave’s plans for the property. There’s definitely more than meets the eye here.

But first, the big picture scenario…

More on this at the following link:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9632

heh, you beat me to it. Oh well, at least we know what their plans for BW and R.I.D. are now. Can't wait for this to come out

what I meant is at least we know what that teaser meant, the one with the image of Omega Prime, and Megatron and the Micromasters reflected on the golden disk. There was a lot of speculation about what it meant. I knew there was gonna be a Micromasters mini, and I knew there was gonna be a summer special with R.I.D. in it. Now I know that R.I.D. and Beast Wars, along with G1 and Energon wil be in the summer special. That's what I meant, I wasn't talking about any long term plans, just the summer special. Sorry for the confusion

I hope that RID will not be as silly as the TV show.

BW comics sound nice, but there is not very much that can be added to the story, I think, unless it focusses on future Cybertron instead of prehistoric Earth. I would be more interested in a sequal to Beast Machines.

RID can be neat...I read this really sweet fan fic on lexicon by Master Whiphfo (I think that was his name) which was damn cool...my only problem is that he hasn't completed it!!! grrr...All I can say...Scourge and Mags merge...heh

• 4 weeks later...
A new DW TRANSFORMERS tradition! Dreamwave cranks up the heat with this super-sized one-shot featuring not one—but four of the coolest incarnations from the timeless TRANSFORMERS franchise. Brought to a you by a veritable who’s who of TRANSFORMERS talent (Pat Lee, Don Figueroa, Brad Mick and Simon Furman—to name but a few!), the TRANSFORMERS Summer Special not only delivers the first-ever DW takes on the classic BEAST WARS, MICROMASTERS and ROBOTS IN DISGUISE franchises, but also includes exclusive tales from Generation One, ENERGON and more.

May 2004 FC 48pp $4.95

For this info and images, go here:

TF Summer Special

TFSUMMER_CVR.jpg

TFBEASTWARS.jpg

TF_RID.jpg

TFEN_MEGATRON.jpg

TF_MICROMAST.jpg

Archived